British Speedway Forum
Roger MARTIN

Swedish El Speedway On British Euro Sport 2 This Tuesday 6pm Start

There is Swedish EL speedway on British Euro Sport 2 this Tuesday 6pm start, if anyone is interested.

Thank you DD. I didn't realise. So that is tomorrow nights Telly sorted. :t::approve: :approve: :) :)

Thanks for the heads up. I'll set the recorder while I'm at the Stoke match( but knowing my luck I'll probably get Eastenders by mistake).

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. I'll set the recorder while I'm at the Stoke match( but knowing my luck I'll probably get Eastenders by mistake).

It happens to me too. :rolleyes:

You are not alone..................................................................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I put it down to age. :sad:

• Like 2

What a terrible meeting. The track was far to dry and no amount of water they put down could stop the huge clouds of dust rising up from the track. 15 races with nothing to make you scream. Nice setting though and a great setup that they have got with the pits area. The teams where nothing outstanding if anything they could have both come from our PL league.

What a terrible meeting. The track was far to dry and no amount of water they put down could stop the huge clouds of dust rising up from the track. 15 races with nothing to make you scream. Nice setting though and a great setup that they have got with the pits area. The teams where nothing outstanding if anything they could have both come from our PL league.

No Premier league team could have lived with either of those teams yesterday-just plain ridiculous to say otherwise.
  • Like 2

No Premier league team could have lived with either of those teams yesterday-just plain ridiculous to say otherwise.

agreed but it wasn't a fantastic match

however - great facility - middle of nowhere as usual for Swedish tracks

Edited by ch958

Guest WTF1

Totally agree ,and a bad advert for speedway on tv ,track preparation was poor as strangely it seemed to get more dustier as more water was put on the track and the presenter kept getting rider's mixed up again.

PL teams? Yeah right. I'm sure Laguta, Kildemand, Larsen, PK, Miedzinski... are PL level riders. :rolleyes:

I agree.

agreed but it wasn't a fantastic match

however - great facility - middle of nowhere as usual for Swedish tracks

I agree that it wasn't a great meeting but the track is definitely not in the middle of nowhere.

It is actually located in the outskirts of Norrköping.

https://www.google.se/maps/place/Kr%C3%A5kvilan/@58.5945352,16.2420351,1069m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x46593af0a9876c59:0x9158ee8b2b5b3219?hl=sv

With all those 'top' riders you would think they would attract better crowds!!! How on earth can they make it pay?

With all those 'top' riders you would think they would attract better crowds!!! How on earth can they make it pay?

See this post: http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=76797&page=4&do=findComment&comment=2467864

Vargarna are definitely below the level that are required but Swedish team also rely sponsors.

Next week will be better if the weather is ok

One thing that has me worried is the bad to very bad track surfaces that have been seen lately.

This was a strange surface.Kroner was saying how it was grippy and seemed moist by the start gate,but on the bends it was extremely dusty and slick.Then we had recently two very poor GPs.Add to that the criticism from NKI about British tracks and also Two recent FIM meetings in Germany came in for criticism.Mads i think called Abensberg a disgrace or very dangerous and at least one other rider backed him up.

There really needs to be something done by the FIM i'd guess to get tracks/track staff up to standard.A school of excellence for a week or so where the information can be passed on to track curators.People are paying out good money and are being robbed of any meaningful entertainment