British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Belle Vue Aces - Wed 18 June

Well for me the highlight was Niels overtaking of Cook and Worrall in the last heat - just awesome!! Niklas getting Worrall was a close second too - way ahead of anything Cook did, unless of course being a gating tart warrants praise. And since when has copying Nicki P been a good thing??! Is that what GB need? :o

He does well and still gets slated! unbelievable.

• Like 2

I'm all for smooth safe tracks but there are times the fans should be taken into consideration and tractors do one lap only.

No let the tractor do what they need to do, 2 laps between every race suits me fine, riders need a great track! Buster did explain that the track was not to his liking hence him working on it more than usual.

Did u see his move?

No let the tractor do what they need to do, 2 laps between every race suits me fine, riders need a great track! Buster did explain that the track was not to his liking hence him working on it more than usual.

Did u see his move?

Yes it was a hard move. nothing wrong with it just shutting the door as they say.

Why unbelievable? I agree he gated well and was fast (which I suppose will be a boon to a GB team) and top scored, so yes 'he did well', but Adam Allott was good at that too!!

As for the baulking move on KB, it was hard but ultimately fair yes - but disappointing to see (and lets face it if was Nicki P doing it no-one would have approved).

Blobby, Blobby, Blobby!

Belle Vue are such a frustrating side.

Cook and Worrall have been pretty mediocre away from home for most of the season. They get it right, and both performed well tonight, and then Zagar/Nicholls (who have been excellent mostly) have indifferent nights!

No wonder Mr Atwood has no hair left!

Sounded like an engine for Zagar, hopefully not too expensive. Shame really as he had been flying in his first 2 rides. When that went, so did Belle Vue's hopes effectively.

Track wasn't at its best, but was no worse than what it was like back in April. Once you got on that fast line though, you were hard to stop...

Little disappointed in Bjerre/Porsing...both cost me money! Bloody Danes! Bjerre looked a little lost at times actually. No lack of effort but a little uncomfortable, nonetheless.

Didn't see anything much wrong with Cook's finish line move. It reminded me of Robert Pfetzing's move on Erik Gundersen back in 1989. Hard sure, but you can't expect riders to wave an opponent through half a dozen feet from the finish line.

Pleasure to catch up with the Bagster and Halifax 'Legs' Tiger again

Well for me the highlight was Niels overtaking of Cook and Worrall in the last heat - just awesome!! Niklas getting Worrall was a close second too - way ahead of anything Cook did, unless of course being a gating tart warrants praise. And since when has copying Nicki P been a good thing??! Is that what GB need? :o

Apologies, didn't make myself very clear. Porsing and Puk provided the racing highlights of course but the most pleasing thing about the evening for me was Cook scoring well and looking quick. From a GB perspective of course. Am hoping he can reproduce the paid twelve rather than the Nicki P move, although if doing that in the SWC means we beat the Aussies I won't complain ;) Edited by Gordon Bennett

Apologies, didn't make myself very clear. Porsing and Puk provided the racing highlights of course but the most pleasing thing about the evening for me was Cook scoring well and looking quick. From a GB perspective of course. Am hoping he can reproduce the paid twelve rather than the Nicki P move, although if doing that in the SWC means we beat the Aussies I won't complain ;)

No problem - I sorta knew what you meant :wink: I know GB need a rider that has points scoring potential - I just generally prefer racers to gaters :)

Edited by Star Fever

Apologies, didn't make myself very clear. Porsing and Puk provided the racing highlights of course but the most pleasing thing about the evening for me was Cook scoring well and looking quick. From a GB perspective of course. Am hoping he can reproduce the paid twelve rather than the Nicki P move, although if doing that in the SWC means we beat the Aussies I won't complain ;)

Hmm his timing will have to be spot on again or disaster! I'd rather he practice how to win fair and square instead of making someone use their brakes or get wiped out!
  • Like 1

Phew.. Thurs 6.50am, and just got home.

They dragged that out a bit.. First the wretched Sun, The track was watered too much, Tractor racing between the heats, Gardening demonstration to start each race, More Sun shinning on the 4th bend, Engine failures, Tape Breaking, Riders falling off, To many re-starts, More gardening, More Re-rerun. Road works blacking the way home, Traffic lights not working. God it just went on and on and on ..............Yawn........... -_--_--_-

We even missed out on all the planned NKI v Zagar races because of EF's, It was not good, the only plus factor was we got the 3 pts...........

Buster apologised on the centre grey this evening, apparantly he over watered during the sun delay meaning the track was tricky early on and berms kept generating, presumably the regular grading was to even them out. Personally I have no problem with the sun delay, safety has to come first. Not a lot can be done about it.

The meeting itself was pretty mundane until the last few races so just good to collect the three points, however the highlight has to be Cook's performance, finally he had a good meeting at Lynn with the SWC just round the corner, even showed a ruthless streak at the end of heat 13 to block Bjerre off Pedersen style. Hope he can reproduce that in a few weeks time.

Lastly it was great to catch up with MrMungo & HalifaxTiger again, it's been too long chaps!

You changed your name !!

Agree about the sun delay. Its always annoying and frustrating but the simple fact is it was shining very brightly down the track from the first bend to the fourth and hence concerns about safety were completely understandable.

It wasn't a good meeting by any standards which is a shame because NA can be an excellent track. Then again, I always did say Lakeside was better :D

Blobby, Blobby, Blobby!

Belle Vue are such a frustrating side.

Cook and Worrall have been pretty mediocre away from home for most of the season. They get it right, and both performed well tonight, and then Zagar/Nicholls (who have been excellent mostly) have indifferent nights!

No wonder Mr Atwood has no hair left!

Sounded like an engine for Zagar, hopefully not too expensive. Shame really as he had been flying in his first 2 rides. When that went, so did Belle Vue's hopes effectively.

Track wasn't at its best, but was no worse than what it was like back in April. Once you got on that fast line though, you were hard to stop...

Little disappointed in Bjerre/Porsing...both cost me money! Bloody Danes! Bjerre looked a little lost at times actually. No lack of effort but a little uncomfortable, nonetheless.

Didn't see anything much wrong with Cook's finish line move. It reminded me of Robert Pfetzing's move on Erik Gundersen back in 1989. Hard sure, but you can't expect riders to wave an opponent through half a dozen feet from the finish line.

Pleasure to catch up with the Bagster and Halifax 'Legs' Tiger again

I knew there was something to laugh about :D

I didn't see anything wrong with Cook's move either.

Phew.. Thurs 6.50am, and just got home.

:o

And I thought I had a late night !

Wow, people criticising Cook for a move (assuming it was the one where he chopped Bjerre's nose off over the start finish line?) but it looked ok to me. Nobody should just move out the way and he had the racing line. Great defending rather than dirty IMO.

Yet

Funnily everyone is pleased with Iversen's move on Cook in heat 15 where Iversen forced his way past with elbows then flicked his rear wheel into the side of Cook and shoved him out the way (more Pedersen like than anything Cook done) (+ I'm ok with that by the way). It was almost identical to the move Pedersen pulled on Zagar in the GP at the weekend. Very very very hard, again though no complaints from the riders.

I want to see riders putting it on the line, it's what I want to see them doing for my club. Live on the edge and not take the easy options.

This is speedway, it's dangerous, it's what brings the punters in. You can always make the perfect pass (like Porsing) so you have to force it to get results. The nature of the game. More of that please boys.

Shocking meeting before the last 3-4 heats though, was bored stiff up to that point

• Like 1

Great move from Porsing to build up his speed before pouncing. Just want I like to see.

Missed the last race as I'd left to sort out a box of tooth picks that needed putting in order.

I now have a full set of EL away tracks I'll no longer be visiting. Looks like the days of three matches in a day or seven matches in a week are well and truly behind me.

I still think if the Aces pick up some points away and maintain their home form they can make the play offs and then if we just had no luck we're in with a chance. I'd be fairly confident of causing The Stars trouble over two legs.

I liked all the stadium developments that Buster has done. Great set up, but for me it's all about the 60 second burst of excitement.

Belle Vue are indeed a strange team. When you look at there top 5 on paper, they are a match up for anyone. On track they seem to fall away. Zager is either a 3 or zero man. Cook very hit and miss, Worrall likewise. Palm Toft is over performing to what I would have expected. Scotty Nicholls, is always a rider that does what it says on the tin. I still think when they soert themselves out they will sneak into the 4th postion.

No problem - I sorta knew what you meant :wink: I know GB need a rider that has points scoring potential - I just generally prefer racers to gaters :)

I was on holiday in Dorset when the Stars were at Poole, I went to watch the match which the Stars deserved the win they fought for, fortunately they had their gating boots on that night. ;)

Seems the only rider who hasn't been mentioned is 16 year old robert lambert who picked up another 8 points tonight.. It probably testament to robert that picking up 8 points is the norm and doesn't get a mention so thought I would mention it... I spoke to him Tuesday he's very focused on his future and determined to win the league and are the rest of the team .. Your lucky to have him but from what I hear he's lucky to have you .....

• Like 2