British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Glasgow 21st June, The Longest Day At 7pm

Any idea why Henry wasn't riding tonight no incline beforehand there was a problem in-fact come to think of it Wolbert wasn't riding tonight either the only problem we had beforehand with that was he was in attendance and was giving it a go :nono: .

Any idea why Henry wasn't riding tonight no incline beforehand there was a problem in-fact come to think of it Wolbert wasn't riding tonight either the only problem we had beforehand with that was he was in attendance and was giving it a go :nono: .

I noticed Christian had a f,exc at Somerset last night . Must have woken up sore today .

No-one has mentioned the performance of Ben Morley. How can a rider score so well for us (Lakeside) yet so poorly for you? Last night he achieved 8+2 from four completed outings.

Also I want to know who is Dr. Evadne and who is Dame Hilda. I always thought John Sampford was Foggy Dewhurst anyway!

Edited by tocha

Read something on Facetwitter about a sore arm to Christian.

Edited by george.m

Read something on Facetwitter about a sore arm.

Be out for a month then

It is now beyond funny though . And tonight's lamentable display should be the final straw . Harrison should be doing better too , but a number one should be leading from the front . We had three young Danish riders riding their hearts out tonight . And them and the travelling support have been let down by the three heat leaders .

Anybody who can score 6 would be an improvement

Could be the Rockets Captain, who was last seen having a row with the management over the watering on the slick line turning it into an ice rink.

Where to start. Glasgow were pretty awful bar Thomsen and the two reserves . Lykke showed all the best of the potential he had shown at Rye. A real have a go merchant . Well done son. Palm - toft. Don't forget the fuel taps is right about how the averages are treated. Ridiculous how a rider with a 4.83 EL average can guest for a PL reserve with a 5 average.

For Rye bandits4eva is right. The heart is going out of the place. Eddie Steve and Jason G are riding well. JB did well tonight but it's quite clear the team is nt right and more importantly for the riders the track isn't. We have a team who want to race on a track as slick as a car park. Sadly Len seems oblivious to it all. Very sad indeed

How can you criticise someone who's prepared tracks for World finals? Surely he knows what's best?

• Like 1

Is that in the same way he was a fish and chip taster for Harry Ramsdens? I know we joke about these things but it so sad to watch the decline. Each week another long familiar face is missing. If he does nt get a team together to challenge for honours next season I hate to think what crowd levels will be like.

Be out for a month then

Christian Henry has got to have a skin graft.

I must agree that Len seemed to be putting one heck of a lot of water down, yet I didn't think overall that the meeting was to bad.

Ben Morley is certainly a mystery as someone has said, and I don't know what the answer is with him really. He's undoubtedly got a talent, and I just feel that a move to a different club might benefit him, like it looks to have done with Simon Lambert.

It was my first visit to Rye House this season, and as I've said before, the stadium is really well presented. One thing that really impressed me was that once proceedings got underway, it was run without lots of annoying delays and long intervals (I appreciate that's not always the case), and I was back in Heacham (Norfolk) by just after 10.30pm.

I don't even get home from King's Lynn that early, and I only live a 20-25 minute drive from the stadium!!

• Like 1

Is anyone sober in Berwick on a Saturday night?

The sheep

No-one has mentioned the performance of Ben Morley. How can a rider score so well for us (Lakeside) yet so poorly for you? Last night he achieved 8+2 from four completed outings.

Perhaps Joe Jacobs explained:

Jacobs has a busy schedule as he races in all three leagues during 2014. He also represents Mildenhall in the National League and is with Wolverhampton in the top flight as part of the Fast Track programme. But he insists his toughest challenge is putting points on the board in Panthers colours. “On the whole I’m really happy with the teams I am at this year,” continued Jacobs. “All the clubs are fairly local to where I live and now I’m just focusing on building some momentum to take into the rest of the season. “The Premier League is very tough to ride in as you’re competing against the opposition’s top riders. “The Elite League is not as difficult because you are always are riding against at least one National League rider.”

peterboroughpanthers.co

:neutral:

Think the EL fans need a lesson in how weak the EL is compared to the PL. Ben Morley when riding for lakeside is sheltered by enlarge to ride against draft riders whose skill base is similar to his own, he then rides for Rye and all of a sudden he is up against far superior riders and that is reflected in his scores. Those who clamour for him to be a full time Rocket need to understand you can't want a league place in the PL based on his performance against NL riders at his home track at Lakeside

Glasgow did well last night and were unfortunate not to take a point away with them good to see Edward at his best

Is anyone sober in Berwick on a Saturday night?

No fun being sober on a Saturday night especially at Berwick if you cant beat them join them

• Like 1