British Speedway Forum
Trees

Lakeside V King's Lynn 20th June 2014

Like to hear Robs take on why he left Jan in and not throw in an unbeaten (at that time) Lewis B

• Like 1

Looking back with hindsight it seems that if Lakeside had both Davey and Lewis the Hammers would likely have taken all 3 points but having said that, I would gladly have taken two points before the meeting even with Davy and Lewis riding..

Does your hindsight also tell you that Porsing would most likely have outscored Graversen?? Although our other 2 guests did the job we sorely missed Niklas!!

Hindsight doesn't tell you anything - it merely assists in helping to form an opinion on what might have happened given different circumstances. ;)

Hindsight doesn't tell you anything - it merely assists in helping to form an opinion on what might have happened given different circumstances. ;)

Absolutely - hence my query... its pointless forming an opinion if you don't consider all the possibilities :wink:

There IS such a thing?? :blink::o

God knows, possibility though!!

Does your hindsight also tell you that Porsing would most likely have outscored Graversen?? Although our other 2 guests did the job we sorely missed Niklas!!

It was just throwaway comment not an attempt to re-run the whole meeting. However, since Porsing only scored 3 from 5 rides in the A fixture and Graveson scored 1 from 4 rides in the B fixture I doubt that Porsing would have made a significant difference if he had been there as well as Davy and Lewis.

As I said before, I would have been more than happy before the meeting to have taken two points even with Davy and LBR so I still think it was a satisfactory result especially as its two points a lot of clubs won't be getting when they face the Stars .

It was just throwaway comment not an attempt to re-run the whole meeting. However, since Porsing only scored 3 from 5 rides in the A fixture and Graveson scored 1 from 4 rides in the B fixture I doubt that Porsing would have made a significant difference if he had been there as well as Davy and Lewis.

As I said before, I would have been more than happy before the meeting to have taken two points even with Davy and LBR so I still think it was a satisfactory result especially as its two points a lot of clubs won't be getting when they face the Stars .

Porsing has been flying recently and highly likely he'd have got more than 3 let alone 1 !! As for DW/LB they got 17 between them last time and R-R/Barker got 13 this time, so not a lot of difference.

Altho its pretty pointless anyway going on what went before, if they'd all been there its likely that the result would've been very similar IMO - who knows?

And I'd have been happy getting a point too going to Lakeside with a patched-up team on both occasions, so I guess we're both happy!

Edited by Star Fever

9 points is poor?? :shock:

Haven't people been asking the SAME tired question for about 6 seasons now. :rolleyes:

The answer is a simple NO.

PK is not racing as well as he was around Lakeside in previous seasons. Also why is it that regardless of form on the night how comes PK always gets heat 15?

With Watty out he should be top scorer

It is poor from 6 rides and he is supposed to be your best rider

No, poor is scoring 4`s and 5`s, which he has been doing.

This is an improvement.

Bech wasnt signed as a number one and he is meant to better than PK!!

Everyone knew Bech was going to be a big hitter. If he has half the career PK has had as a model of consistency in the EL then the lad will have done tremendously.

• Like 1

Any idea the circumstances behind the large lady from Kings Lynn aiming slaps at the supporters on the banger track back straight ? All looked rather funny from a distance!

This is an improvement.

Everyone knew Bech was going to be a big hitter. If he has half the career PK has had as a model of consistency in the EL then the lad will have done tremendously.

To be fair to PK, there arn't many riders who have ridden so long and been so loyal to speedway in this country and he is a nice guy too.

• Like 3

This is an improvement.

In fairness it has to be said that PK has had a lot of trouble getting his bikes to work properly this yea rand has even had Kelvin Tatum in the pits trying to help him sort them out so its difficult to say how much of the dip in scoring is due to the bikes and how much is due to the rider. The fact that he beat PUK last week says that some of the old magic is still there but he is clearly not the same hard-charging rider he was until recently. The sharp racing brain is still there though and he still pulls offs some astute moves simply by being on the right part of the track at the right time and his trade-mark cut-backs are still very much in evidence. Kauko Neiminen calls him the "Professor of Speedway" and that just about sums him up as he has probably forgotten more about the sport than most riders will ever know.

• Like 3

In fairness it has to be said that PK has had a lot of trouble getting his bikes to work properly this yea rand has even had Kelvin Tatum in the pits trying to help him sort them out so its difficult to say how much of the dip in scoring is due to the bikes and how much is due to the rider. The fact that he beat PUK last week says that some of the old magic is still there but he is clearly not the same hard-charging rider he was until recently. The sharp racing brain is still there though and he still pulls offs some astute moves simply by being on the right part of the track at the right time and his trade-mark cut-backs are still very much in evidence. Kauko Neiminen calls him the "Professor of Speedway" and that just about sums him up as he has probably forgotten more about the sport than most riders will ever know.

Come on EIA, either he's trying hard to overcome his bike troubles OR he's had Kelvin Tatum in the pits trying to help?!

Its got to be one or the other - not both!!! :D:rofl:

Does anyone know of free site to watch on line used to watch on cric free and nutjob but both closed down would appreciate it thanks

Come on EIA, either he's trying hard to overcome his bike troubles OR he's had Kelvin Tatum in the pits trying to help?!

Its got to be one or the other - not both!!! :D:rofl:

Well, I couldn't possibly comment but we all know which direction Scotty Nicholls career went when a certain TV commentator started helping out. no names mentioned of course :D

• Like 1