British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fish keeper

Wolves V King's Lynn

Didn't see that coming :D No doubt we have benefitted from an off night for Pawlicki and two bloody good guests but well done to all seven Stars, top drawer stuff.

Just pray we can keep this going until the last two matches of the season when it really matters.

Yes excellent result.

And as you say the last two matches of the season is when it really matters unfortunately.Because how the league is set up now it is easy to replace your second strings with better riders during the season,and because Lynn have built their side right from the start they won't do that which is good.But you know other teams will.

I am in absolute dream land with this team right now and I can not cope with it :)

Surely but surely no team up and down the land can begrudge us this what's happening. We are tearing the big clubs apart and the Elite League needed it.

It's nowhere near over and the playoffs are a completely different ball game. Can the youngsters cope with the pressure? That is to be seen.

But right now IT'S FREAKING PAY TIME - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Big clubs ? Kings lynn own there own stadium ...Kings Lynn are a big club in terms of fans and money made ...please tell make your not trying to make out there some kind of underdog when they have two gp stars as there top two ?

• Like 3

Good score from young Max again in the EL riding really well at the moment.

• Like 1

Big clubs ? Kings lynn own there own stadium ...Kings Lynn are a big club in terms of fans and money made ...please tell make your not trying to make out there some kind of underdog when they have two gp stars as there top two ?

Big clubs are structured around history and in the grand scheme of things we are one of the smallest clubs in speedway, never ever winning a top league title. We have progressed over many many many years of hard work from the Chapman's.

So yes, we are a small club compared to Poole, Wolverhampton, Peterborough, Swindon etc. Through the 70's 80's & 90's a substantial amount of our time was swimming around the foot of the table. To become a big club we need those trophies in the cabinet, right now we don't.

WE ARE A SMALL CLUB WITH A BIG HEART, and his name is BUSTER CHAPMAN

• Like 2

After watching to night I think King's Lynn are going to take some stopping in winning the league and fair play to them and that's from a Wolves supporter.

• Like 2

Big clubs are structured around history and in the grand scheme of things we are one of the smallest clubs in speedway, never ever winning a top league title. We have progressed over many many many years of hard work from the Chapman's.

So yes, we are a small club compared to Poole, Wolverhampton, Peterborough, Swindon etc. Through the 70's 80's & 90's a substantial amount of our time was swimming around the foot of the table. To become a big club we need those trophies in the cabinet, right now we don't.

WE ARE A SMALL CLUB WITH A BIG HEART, and his name is BUSTER CHAPMAN

Where does it say that ? to me a big club is how money and support your getting are that makes Kings lynn massive ... With them having there own stadium to me it makes them the biggest .

Not really simply cancelled out NKIs ef

I sit corrected lol

:t:

We need more from Bjerre if we want to win things.

Bjerre, Schlein and Iversen have had off meetings and are still winning for fun.

Well we were completely owned and out ridden by one hell of a special team tonight.

I take nothing away from this win for the Stars as they thoroughly deserved it and only 15 points from your top 2 lets not forget. That takes some doing.

The Wolves boys just didn't look at the races apart from Woffy and Jacob and Ricky to a lesser extent. Proctor won with ease in his opener and then turned into the frustration that has summed up his season so far.

Pawlicki probably had his worst meeting at a time we needed his usual high scores.

Difficult to really pin point if Wolves were just poor or the Stars that much better. I think its probably a mixture of the both.

Hugely disappointing and a huge dent in our play off chances with more home dropped points.

At least Woffy looked quick but was pretty much a one man show tonight.

WOLVES

WOFFY - took up the chase of the Stars top 2 in heat 13 but was too late in the race to make it count. Was on their back wheels by the last quarter of the last lap. Otherwise was sublime. 4.5/5

MOTM

JACOB - Had done a decent job but just as we needed big points from him he got stuck behind Jacobs in heat 12 and took too long to get past. 2.5/5

RICKY - excellent pass of Schlein in his opener and battled hard past Lambert in the 11th so earned his call up for heat 15. 2.5/5

Ty - Started with an easy win and then it was all downhill. Disappointing night. 1.5/5

PIOTR - besides a great scrap for the lead with Iversen in heat 11 was largely absent. We certainly missed his usual high scoring jinx tonight. 1.5/5

JOE - Did well to hold off Rose in 4 & 7 and had a great gate in the 14th too but not turned into points. 2/5

TOM - did well in heat 9 to stay in contention without really ever looking comfortable. Otherwise was a mile behind. 1/5

STARS

Niels - couldn't be bothered to finish his 1st race when at the back (really gets my back up when riders do this) but other than a last race defeat by Tai was class afterwards. 3.5/5

Fricke - Again came up trumps at Monmore and we really should try sign him as he knows how to ride Monmore. Probably scored double what Porsing would have so a top class night for the young Aussie. 4.5/5

Rory - one of his better Monmore meetings. His gate in Heat 10 was superb but couldn't hold off the World Champ. An on form night for roo boy. 4/5

Lambert - solid and more than did his job. 3/5

Bjerre - 2 good , 2 bad rides. a bad night at the office for the GP boy but his team made up for his inconsistent night. 2/5

Blackbird - did what Kerr would have done and beat Thorssell and Proctor as well. 4.5/5

Rose - struggled after his 1st ride. 1/5

Yes excellent result.

And as you say the last two matches of the season is when it really matters unfortunately.Because how the league is set up now it is easy to replace your second strings with better riders during the season,and because Lynn have built their side right from the start they won't do that which is good.But you know other teams will.

This is the absolute downside of the Playoffs and the way speedway operates. Teams which start badly can try, try and try again to alter their teams and eventually come out on top. Teams which were right from the start get no opportunity. And because it's all on the last two matches, it's more than likely that a team coming from nowhere will win.

• Like 1

I would hardly say we are carrying Bjerre.He has done the business in beating Woffinden in both meetings when it really mattered.Some so called supporters are quick to lay into heat leaders which includes Wolves fans having a pop at Woffinden.They are not robots and the way the format is there are no easy wins for teams heat leaders.

This is the absolute downside of the Playoffs and the way speedway operates. Teams which start badly can try, try and try again to alter their teams and eventually come out on top. Teams which were right from the start get no opportunity. And because it's all on the last two matches, it's more than likely that a team coming from nowhere will win.

I actually don't think that's the case. In the past Poole have strengthened by having a ringer on a 4 average who increases their average to their potential then they upgraded to a rider on a similar average who can increase it again. The Draft System has actually killed that dead as you can no longer have a foreign ringer reserve banging in 7 rides every meeting.

• Like 1

I actually don't think that's the case. In the past Poole have strengthened by having a ringer on a 4 average who increases their average to their potential then they upgraded to a rider on a similar average who can increase it again. The Draft System has actually killed that dead as you can no longer have a foreign ringer reserve banging in 7 rides every meeting.

You're right, but not in a good way. It's now more lopsided than ever before.

• Like 2

Well impressed with Fricke, has looked good whenever I've seen him but even better tonight!

I reported on Max's win of the Aust U21 in 2013 at 17 years of age. This bloke has the full kit and could be anything. It is pleasing to see the way he is developing his craft.

Where does it say that ? to me a big club is how money and support your getting are that makes Kings lynn massive ... With them having there own stadium to me it makes them the biggest .

Mmmmm so by that reasoning Eastbourne must be a BIG club. Something a bit screwy with the thought processes there :P

Lambert, wow wow wow, what a talent, i have to keep pinching myself just how young the lad is. What a future hes got, best talent iv seen in 42 yers of watching speedway!

• Like 2

I reported on Max's win of the Aust U21 in 2013 at 17 years of age. This bloke has the full kit and could be anything. It is pleasing to see the way he is developing his craft.

He is class and a very mature rider.
  • Like 2