British Speedway Forum
OILYRAG

Something Got To Change (sheffield)

Nice to see some things dont change.

the old promotion always said there was never anyone available as well.

so i expect no more team changes in the PL this season as there is no one available

Who then? Put forward some realistic suggestions Edited by Cue Ball

A lot of team building is pot luck , and we cant all get it right . Look at Edinburgh when they signed a 3 pointer in Steve Worrall , who could have predicted the turnaround in his career .

The " there's nobody out there " argument is probably right . Nobody affordable and nobody who will give you much more than what you have , and certainly nobody who'll transform your season

The big problem, with this seasons team is that it was more or less put together at the end of February, so basically we put together a team that was what was left on the shelf, so I think that it was always going to be a season which we would have backs against the wall.

To be fair the Promotion has made one change bringing Ty Proctor which should have made the team stronger, unfortunately Ty has been a bit hit and miss, more miss.

Comparing the new Promotion with that of Neil Machin is a little unfair, I would be more incline to reserve my judgement on their team building next season when the Promotion are on a level playing field with the rest of the league.

• Like 4

The big problem, with this seasons team is that it was more or less put together at the end of February, so basically we put together a team that was what was left on the shelf, so I think that it was always going to be a season which we would have backs against the wall.

To be fair the Promotion has made one change bringing Ty Proctor which should have made the team stronger, unfortunately Ty has been a bit hit and miss, more miss.

Comparing the new Promotion with that of Neil Machin is a little unfair, I would be more incline to reserve my judgement on their team building next season when the Promotion are on a level playing field with the rest of the league.

Happy clapper.

Who then? Put forward some realistic suggestions

Sorry but i have a job that is nothing to do with speedway and dont get the time to look at riders, but i bet another team goes out and signs someone soon

Procter has been disappointing .

Sorry but i have a job that is nothing to do with speedway and dont get the time to look at riders, but i bet another team goes out and signs someone soon

Yep....and as soon (and I hope not) Nielson gets dropped, he will get snapped up straight away by another club (from the North East). My thoughts change daily on who to drop. Perhaps (if there is no one out there to improve the team), we should leave the team 'as is' and let the lower order develop.......

This is a very tough call for the promotion team. Damned if you do and dammed if you don't . Glad I am not in that position

We have written off the past few seasons. Another one won't break the bank if we come back a bigger and better team ........

If the club has any ambition whatsoever, they'll make a change with that team. No matter what way anyone wants to sugar coat it this team isn't good enough. Not at all. We're in the exact same position as last season where we're 3 points under the limit and have some real scope to make a change that will make a big difference.

Even just to drop Nielsen for Hall would at least make us a lot stronger at home and would levitate the pressure from the other riders, although I'd be hoping we can make a better signing. I'm not at all concerned about letting Nielsen go, the effort without a doubt has been there, but it's no good if the score isn't. Frankly, he might be better off at Newcastle.

Edited by skj
  • Like 1

So its just turn up on a Thursday , pay your 15 quid and our team will get beaten ... even at home more often than they win.

To protect thier investment the promotion has to at least try and do something , I mean can anyone do worse than Andre and Josh (when he has a Sheffield jacket on) have done recently ?

People are just going to stop coming , do we have to wait until Plymouth visit to see the next win ? ... something has to change !

Is Micky Dyer lost to the sport or is he worth a call ?

Edited by OILYRAG

So its just turn up on a Thursday , pay your 15 quid and our team will get beaten ... even at home more often than they win.

To protect thier investment the promotion has to at least try and do something , I mean can anyone do worse than Andre and Josh (when he has a Sheffield jacket on) have done recently ?

People are just going to stop coming , do we have to wait until Plymouth visit to see the next win ? ... something has to change !

Micky Dyer is a good call, if he had not retired.

Like I say if we are going to make a change then it has to be for the benefit for the club and to improve the team.

I am all for make a change, because if you look at the league table yes we are bottom, but we still have a hell of a lot of meetings to race and points to pick up.

The Ty Proctor move seemed like a cute move by the Promotion at the time and he should be doing better, it was a big move by the Promotion that showed to me that they are prepared to think big when the chance comes along.

And I stil think on the quiet the Promotion are looking to bring in somebody, but someone that will make a big difference and not Richard Hall.

If you want speedway to continue and hopefully see better times, then yes, turn up on a Thursday and pay your £15.

If you're not bothered and others aren't bothered it will probably go to the wall and then you'll be moaning.

Edited by tigerowl

If you want speedway to continue and hopefully see better times, then yes, turn up on a Thursday and pay your £15.

If you're not bothered and others aren't bothered it will probably go to the wall and then you'll be moaning.

I have a season ticket pig.

Edited by OILYRAG

Guest WTF1

I wish you would do something with your team as my brother who stands with me at Scunthorpe and is a Sheffield supporter is constantly moaning about the Sheffield team and is getting on my nerves so to preserve my sanity sign another rider and be quick about it! :lol:

IMO if I were to change things it would be to part with Lanham ( brought in as h/leader ) and Proctor who is hit and miss ,Compton is doing his bit riding to his average and is only a s/string these days with the odd big win left in him now and again.The big question is who and if you keep chopping and changing you don't help the situation either.One change in the right direction and your whole season could turn for the better, hope it will as it is a great track( worth 140 mile round trip when I can afford it ) and a decent bunch of supporters deserve it

Edited by FAST GATER

Sheffield seem to have been threatening team changes for a while now.