British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Who's Going To Watch "life Of Tai" Tonight, And What Are Your Thoughts About Tai Before, And Then After The Programme?

The 1955 Final was on the 16th September, Craven was 21 years and 87 days

The 1954 final was on 15th September, Ronnie was 21 years and 230 days

Mike Lee is the next youngest in 1980

Thank you. Good to know the memory hasn't completely gone. 😀 Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

any comment about the one between his shoulders at all ? something along the lines of , having a tattoo of your countries flag shows where your loyalties lie

As its the country where has lived most of his life he will no doubt consider it to be 'home'.

However, Tai is British, represents Britain to the best of his abilities (i.e. very well indeed) and is very loyal.

• Like 2

any comment about the one between his shoulders at all ? something along the lines of , having a tattoo of your countries flag shows where your loyalties lie

Why would I feel the need to comment on that ? He rides under the British flag, and for Team GB, what more do you want ? Where you live isn't who you are.

Why would I feel the need to comment on that ? He rides under the British flag, and for Team GB, what more do you want ? Where you live isn't who you are.

And during the Life of Tai programme as a kid he was wearing an England shirt :)

Back to the topic. An absolutely sensational piece by Tai and Skysports. Excellent viewing

• Like 1

He is one of those lads that you can't help but like. He respected both of his parents and from what he said he never said a bad word to them. More than can be said for a lots of youngsters these days. He Mum said to him not to have tattos on his hands or on his neck and face, but he said it was his body to do what he liked with it, so he must have had some disrespect in that. But there are bigger freaks around the streets than Tai. With hoen implants and nose studs and where ever else they can get a piece of stailess steel implanted into thier bodies, it is not what we look like on the outside it is what we have inside of us that counts. Tai is one of those lads that comes over as a very nice person and not afraid of working hard to get where he wants to get, without being big headed about it.

Good luck to him and I hope he wins again this year.

Missed the first 15 minutes, but enjoyed the prog, Tai came over well and knows what he wants out of life. Good luck to him hope he becomes a multi world Champion.

try this !, look through this thread and find a post from bewitcher that has content pertaining to the OP . then look through this thread and find a post from bewitcher ,that is nothing to do with the subject but is a comment made directly to another poster , it's that simple

So, I understand. Debates on BSF should only be between two people. One cannot intervene with a comment even if you have further knowledge on the topic that may be of interest or use.

Watched it tonight, good prog, he clearly loved his life in Aus and it will always be the life he eventually wants, which is what I have thought about him always.

Total daredevil, all speedway riders are aren't they lol.

His Dad was his mate and mentor, never thought anything different, and his death affected him deeply, good that he has such a strong relationship with his Mum :-)

Nothing surprised me, Tai was great in front of the cameras from day one, just like Holder, totally relaxed and natural.

He must have mixed feelings over the old Aus v GB thing although he's set out his stall for us now and is doing a great job, World Champ and possibly on the way to another! The Aussie boys will always be his mates, he was brought up with them!

• Like 1

It was pretty much what we know already, am just hoping its not a mini series I wouldn`t want to see the ` Life of Ward.`...

• Like 1

It was pretty much what we know already, am just hoping its not a mini series I wouldn`t want to see the ` Life of Ward.`...

He doesn't have tattoos so must be the perfect role model, possibly wouldn't want him opening the fete at the local girls school though!

Enjoyed it , good camera work and production, think he will regret having the tattoos later in life but its his choice.

So, I understand. Debates on BSF should only be between two people. One cannot intervene with a comment even if you have further knowledge on the topic that may be of interest or use.

Stop being so chuffing pedantic , you knew exactly what i meant , and if you didn't , go back to school , what exactly did bewitchers comment to me have to do with any debate ?. nothing thats what, it was nothing to do with this or any other debate , it was a direct attempt to embroil me in a petty argument . Please don't post any further Ludicrous comments regarding this matter because I am on the verge of a ban already .

• Like 1

That was your sixth consecutive post that was absolutely nothing to do with the topic under discussion. Before you drift into a seventh diatribe maybe it might be worthwhile start a separate thread for matters of indignation, circuitinium and general windbaggery. so the rest of us can stay on topic.? (No reply required)

As to the programme we already knew in general terms what the life of a top rider entails but I thought it put in sharp focus the combination of early mornings, late nights, lack of sleep and arriving at airports at unearthly hours.

Like several other posters I found it difficult to come to terms with the tattoos (never look clean to me) but Tai's a speedway rider and plenty of others have them . Maybe its part and parcel of the nomadic lifestyle that in many ways is not the life the rest of us would choose.

I thought the programme was very well made and got away from the perception that speedway riders are thick yobs with their brains in their throttle hand and Tai came across as being very personable. Never particularly been a Tai fan myself but the more I see him the more I warm to him as a person.

The surprising thing , I thought was Peter Adams house. Speedway seems to have been very good to him, better than its been to a lot of riders in fact.