British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Peterborough (pl) 27/6/14 @ 7.30pm

You not doing you or your team any favours pal.... :t:

I've always liked and looked out for Edinburgh,

our management don't talk Pish - they just don't talk on occassions ;)

youre right the highlighted bit was what i was trying to allude to, thanks for helping me.

Anyway onto tonight i fully expected this to be our hardest test yet but with the way people are dropping out from your team i think the threat level has went down to DEFCON 2 :lol:

Bjerre is a gating tart.....

Is this a wind up?

well said mate....

These Jocks talk utter Pish!! :P

Oi , this Jock is Panthers number 1 fan tonight :drink:

• Like 2

The roman's had the right idea!!

Having said that, apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

• Like 1

careful. i refereed to a Scottish person a a j+ck and was told i was a raciest by a forum user.

and was reported to the mods..

Edited by jenga

The roman's had the right idea!!

Aye conquer the wimps and then built a wall to protect themselves from REAL men :P

• Like 2

EDINBURGH 'Scotwaste' MONARCHS...51

1. Craig Cook 3,2¹,3,2,3 = 13+1
2. Justin Sedgmen 2¹,3,2,1 = 8+1
3. Max Fricke FX,3,2,3,1 = 9
4. Derek Sneddon © 1,1,1¹,1 = 4+1
5. Sam Masters 2,2,1¹,1¹ = 6+2
6. Aaron Fox 2¹,0,2¹,0 = 4+2
7. Steve Worrall 3,1¹,1¹,2 = 7+2

PETERBOROUGH 'ReadyPower' PANTHERS...42

1. Ryan Fisher FX,F,N,N = 0
2. Lewis Blackbird 1,2¹,2,3,6 = 14+1
3. Ales Dryml R/R (LB-2+1, JJ-1, NB-0, UO-0 = 3+1)
4. Ulrich Ostergaard 3,3,2,0,3,0 = 11
5. Lasse Bjerre 3,1,3,3,2 = 12
6. Joe Jacobs 1,FX,1,0,0,1,2¹ = 5+1
7. Nicki Barrett 0,0,F,0,0 = 0

Edited by Dekker

careful. i refereed to a Scottish person a a j+ck and was told i was a raciest by a forum user.

and was reported to the mods..

:rofl:

If Dryml had an uninjured back and Fisher had a brain Panthers may have nicked this one.

• Like 2

Extremely pleasing performance, The Panthers will only get stronger with a firing Fisher and Ales Dryml while the Monarchs will have Worrall out of the reserve positions.

I'm extremely confident about beating Edinburgh over 2 legs.

And he was there... with his 'I love Ryan Fisher' T-shirt on... although I may have made that last bit up. :-)

I thought Peterborough rode really well tonight and on another night may have gone home with at least a point. Granted there are a couple of Edinburgh riders not in the same form as earlier in the season but you can only beat what is in front of you.

Ulich and Lasse were very good tonight largely from the gate but for me the star of the show for the away men was Lewis Blackbird. I thought he rode brilliantly. I originally wasn't a huge fan of the enforced NL reserves in the EL from a quality racing perspective but it does appear to be benefiting a few riders greatly.

Edinburgh couldn't quite shake off Peterborough tonight and it was a last heat decider for a race point (for Peterborough) and the away men gated but somehow Cookie came from 3rd to 1st and Max 4th to third in a blurr of a 3rd 4th turn.

Pretty entertaining meeting . If Ryan Fisher had stayed on his bike for four laps and the Panthers management had engaged their brain , they might have actually nicked something out of this meeting .

Edinburgh , for all their success this season , were there for the taking tonight . Fisher falling in heat 1 handed Edinburgh an opening 5-1 as Cook inexplicably slowed coming out of the second bend and dropped to the back in the first running , but normal service resumed in the rerun .

Then 10 points down after heat 6 , they strangely neglected to give Ostergaard the black and white helmet in heat 7 and a big heat advantage was lost .

In saying that , despite Fisher's misfortune and tactical ineptitude , the Panthers hung in there thanks to the brilliant Lewis Blackbird , backed up by the equally brilliant Bjerre and Ostergaard .

Though the tactical ride comedy act continued when they sent Bjerre out with a black and white helmet to start heat 9 , despite only being 8 points down .............doh somebody noticed .

But the three main men for Peterborough and the hard working Joe Jacobs kept the Panthers in with the sniff of a point right up to heat 15 . And in that race a 4-2 heat advantage was a possibility until Cook got passed Bjerre and Fricke did the same to Ostergaard .

Cook was top man as usual despite not looking his usual sublime self . Richie Worrall was obviously busy tonight and Steve was sent in his place to dent the scoring power from reserve a bit . Fricke had a fall , but was good after . Masters had his problems with the referee and Sedgmen was efficiently effective . Fox had two good rides and two not so good rides and Sneddon was poor .

Probably Peterborough's three man team have pushed the Monarchs harder than anybody , in their own midden , so far this season . If only Ryan Fisher had ridden as i hoped he would have .

And they ran out of chips by heat 6 :shock:

Edited by Paulco

Well we made hard work of that one that for sure. We weren't as good as we have been in previous weeks slugish from the starts and lacking speed. Don't know if it was down to track conditions as it seemed slicker and a little less dirt on it than usual.

But we got all 3 points in the end which is all that mattered.

Bjerre and Ostergaard were very sharp away from the gate tonight and looked quick but if Ostergaard missed it he was pants. Blackbird was the most impressive rider for the panthers tonight IMO and deserved his double figure