British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

What happen to rider and assets anyone ?

My guess is they revert to being assets of the BSPA and probably sold off to try and recoup the debts. Only real assets we have is King, Ludvig Lindgren, Nico Covatti and Rusty Harrison.

My guess is they revert to being assets of the BSPA and probably sold off to try and recoup the debts. Only real assets we have is King, Ludvig Lindgren, Nico Covatti and Rusty Harrison.

Like your signature BK! :rofl:

• Like 1

Was Ben Barker one?

Was Ben Barker one?

Nope, one of the many screw ups from Phillips. He agreed to buy the contract of Barker off Coventry which was at the time the only reason they would allow him to come us, then went back on the deal later on

Hi everybody my first post on here but wish it was in better circumstances.

We have lost our famous Brummies today but we will keep our fingers crossed for next season.

A massive thank you to everybody that donated to the fighting fund and for everybodies efforts to try to keep us going

Heres to 2015 and hopefully Premier league speedway returning to Perry Barr.

Finally a huge thank you to the Coventry speedway promotion for there very kind offer for Brummies season ticket holders.

Sad news for Brum and speedway in the UK.

Hope for the fans sake things can be resolved for racing to return next season.

Another speedway season passes in this country when winning the title will be a shallow victory.

Hope the riders get sorted as well.

Coventry Press Release:

COVENTRY are pleased to announce they will honour Birmingham Speedway season tickets for the remainder of the regular Elite League season.

The Perry Barr club has regrettably closed for 2014 after attempts to ensure they could continue racing proved unsuccessful, and Coventry wish to give the loyal Brummies fans at least some consolation and value for their financial outlay over the winter.

The Buildbase Bees have nine home fixtures remaining, and Brummies season ticket holders will be welcomed with free admission for those meetings. Our next Elite League meeting is this Friday (July 18) against Belle Vue.

Match programmes (and admission to play-off meetings if appropriate) will be chargeable at the usual prices.

To take advantage of this offer, please send an e-mail to info@coventrybees.co with your name, address, category of season ticket and your season ticket number.

These details will be collated and a list placed at the Bees’ usual season-ticket entrance so that your name can be ticked off when you arrive at Brandon.

Superb jesture by the Coventry management, it would be good if they could still go along in their Brummie attire. Its just a bit of a shame that some sort of offer couldn't be extended to the weekly paying Brummie fans, but really not sure how you could go about that, unless you provide some sort of ID?

Interview with Graham Drury in this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/speedway/28297067

Thats a dam good interview, lets hope, that Birmingham Speedway can, return next season.

Assets will be held by the BSPA.

Edited by Starman2006

The accent should be enough.

• Like 1

Superb jesture by the Coventry management, it would be good if they could still go along in their Brummie attire. Its just a bit of a shame that some sort of offer couldn't be extended to the weekly paying Brummie fans, but really not sure how you could go about that, unless you provide some sort of ID?Thats a dam good interview, lets hope, that Birmingham Speedway can, return next season.Assets will be held by the BSPA.

Brummie attire welcome! I am confused by the 'weekly paying' reference though - please explain!

Brummie attire welcome! I am confused by the 'weekly paying' reference though - please explain!

What i mean is you've honoured Birmingham season ticket holders for the remainder of the season which is a real nice jesture, it would be nice if you did something for the regular weekly paying [turnsyle] fans at Perry Barr. Now i don't know how you would go about that, as i said, maybe if they showed some form of ID they would get some sort of consession. just a thought. i would have thought the more fans you can get through your gate the better, swings and roundabouts and all that..

Edited by Starman2006

Truly frightening that as experienced a club administrator as yourself needs to ask (having admitted confusion) for an explanation of what a "weekly paying" Brummie fan means, especially when the poster who made the original reference conceded it was a more awkward situation to sort out than Coventry's kind offer towards Brummie season-ticket holders ... surely that was enough of a clue or explanation in itself !!

If your confusion about as basic a concept of "weekly paying" is common among your fellow speedway administrators, no wonder plenty of clubs are struggling for supporters ... at most clubs, at least 70% (and often well over 80%) are "weekly payers" rather than having season-tickets so they'll all be delighted to know you struggle to understand how they pay to show their support for their club.

Staggering ignorance from yourself on this occasion.

A tad harsh, Arthur. I'm sure it was the far-fetched suggestion that "weekly payers" from Perry Barr be allowed in free to Brandon that confused Mr Watson.

• Like 5

Will the receivers/liquidators report be made public once all the assets have been disposed of and money's cleared? As an accountant, will Philips appoint himself as administrator / liquidator of Birmingham Brummies Ltd (I think that's still legal to do so, isn't it?) and (hypothetical question for now) how much of the realised/liquidated assets will be "absorbed" into administrators / liquidators "fees" (which if I'm not mistaken are the FIRST things that get paid) before anything goes towards paying off debts?

A tad harsh, Arthur. I'm sure it was the far-fetched suggestion that "weekly payers" from Perry Barr be allowed in free to Brandon that confused Mr Watson.

Wasn't far fetched nor did i mention free. Just give the genuine weekly paying Brummies fans a consession. for the remainder of this season..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1