British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

Stay ignorant of it and just enjoy your Speedway.... :t:

No, I want to know what goes on, I can always put politics to one side and enjoy the racing :-)

No, I want to know what goes on, I can always put politics to one side and enjoy the racing :-)

You must be a glutton for punishment. :o;):P

You must be a glutton for punishment. :o;):P

Probably

Stan is a Brummie through and through - I doubt he was trying to rub things in and I do agree - we are finished this year in the EL - seems like a good idea to transfer further postings to news and discussions.

Cheers Beo, I just think theres no need to discuss Birmingham 2014, its gone, time to focus for the one final time re getting us back on track.

• Like 1

Stan is a Brummie through and through - I doubt he was trying to rub things in and I do agree - we are finished this year in the EL - seems like a good idea to transfer further postings to news and discussions.

Really? When did Nigel last go to a meeting? Quite openly admitted he refused to go while Drury was there.

Really? When did Nigel last go to a meeting? Quite openly admitted he refused to go while Drury was there.

Wolves P/Off semis home and away 2013, next question?

As you mentioned him he is also not there?

I dont know who you are Mr Deano, but where were you 2002-2006 regarding Birmingham Speedway.??

Which Nigel are you making statements about?

I dont know who you are Mr Deano, but where were you 2002-2006 regarding Birmingham Speedway.??

I hope this isnt going to be a long and drawn out vendetta.......But Im up for any criticism, dont no about Birmingham Speedway though?

I hope this isnt going to be a long and drawn out vendetta.......But Im up for any criticism, dont no about Birmingham Speedway though?

Its them Mr Deano you should be focussing on ?.......but if it makes you happy.......bring it on !

Everyone who was involved in bringing us back in 2007 knows who I am.

One for the Birmingham fans...

Can I suggest that everyone takes a step back and reassesses what has happened to the Birmiingham Brummies fan base over the past 7-8 years as a result of activities on these forums?

Then maybe ask yourselves if the way that things have gone on in the past is the best way to carry on into the future? How many fans have been lost as a result of personal attacks in forums for one reason or another? How many more can the Brummies afford to lose? Is there anyone left to lose? Is the constant personal attack / counter-attack doing any good in bringing fans together to rally around a common cause to show a potential promoter that the fans are one headache that they won't have to have?

So who am I to speak? Good question. I'll hold my hands up. I've been as guilty as plenty of others of giving as good as I get. Guilty of ruffling a few feathers. Guilty of giving my opinion even if it's not popular. Guilty of enjoyiing my time as a Brummies fan. Guilty of plenty of other things too. There you go. Fetch a rope and hang me. I'm beyond caring about that now. And when you've finished hanging me, you'll still be faced with those questions I'm asking.

So what's the best way forward? Does anyone think that comparing ego's and penis sizes is the way to go? Or do we draw a line in the sand and say what was is in the past and from here we go forward? Do we carry on or stop the game of "I'm a bigger fan than you"? Do we get over the past and work towards a future? Is it time to bury hatchets and come together? We've seen the damage that the boardroom civil war did, we don't need to carry on a civil war on the terraces too. I'd hope that some people reading this might think that they are better than that.

Sorry if it's only me to ask those questions. I was hoping that they might have come from someone more respected in order to carry more credence, but there you go, it's an imperfect world. But one things for sure, and that's that it keeps on turning.

• Like 9

Everyone who was involved in bringing us back in 2007 knows who I am.

Well I dont know you Sir/Madam.............

Firstly you talking 2007 when the fight was over ............Fine, So tell, us all re 2002 - 2006 and what you did.....

What radio stations did you appear on and what shows were you a guest on regarding a Birmingham Speedway Resurrection.

Please also Inform us of your media input in the years Ive stated............

What can you tell us of your offer to help build the present track to the then interested investor.....

Last but not least, what did you do regarding forming an INTERNET WEBSITE that actually helped tip the balance re- bringing speedway back to the City..

One for the Birmingham fans...

Can I suggest that everyone takes a step back and reassesses what has happened to the Birmiingham Brummies fan base over the past 7-8 years as a result of activities on these forums?

Then maybe ask yourselves if the way that things have gone on in the past is the best way to carry on into the future? How many fans have been lost as a result of personal attacks in forums for one reason or another? How many more can the Brummies afford to lose? Is there anyone left to lose? Is the constant personal attack / counter-attack doing any good in bringing fans together to rally around a common cause to show a potential promoter that the fans are one headache that they won't have to have?

So who am I to speak? Good question. I'll hold my hands up. I've been as guilty as plenty of others of giving as good as I get. Guilty of ruffling a few feathers. Guilty of giving my opinion even if it's not popular. Guilty of enjoyiing my time as a Brummies fan. Guilty of plenty of other things too. There you go. Fetch a rope and hang me. I'm beyond caring about that now. And when you've finished hanging me, you'll still be faced with those questions I'm asking.

So what's the best way forward? Does anyone think that comparing ego's and penis sizes is the way to go? Or do we draw a line in the sand and say what was is in the past and from here we go forward? Do we carry on or stop the game of "I'm a bigger fan than you"? Do we get over the past and work towards a future? Is it time to bury hatchets and come together? We've seen the damage that the boardroom civil war did, we don't need to carry on a civil war on the terraces too. I'd hope that some people reading this might think that they are better than that.

Sorry if it's only me to ask those questions. I was hoping that they might have come from someone more respected in order to carry more credence, but there you go, it's an imperfect world. But one things for sure, and that's that it keeps on turning.

Im happy to hold my hands up as you, I get slated by this forum and others.....thats how it goes, Im a Brummie who speaks from the heart on any topic, I can tell sh*t from shine, but everyone has got to have a step back take a deep breath and come together one more time? Were not around forever!

My main focus as it was since we were closed in 1986 was to support a Birmingham Speedway Team

Firstly you talking 2007 when the fight was over ............

Did I say that?

I'm done.

Did I say that?

I'm done.

Just put Brums answer to the 'invisible man' on ignore like I've just done! ;)

Just put Brums answer to the 'invisible man' on ignore like I've just done! ;)

You know what mate, fingers crossed we can share a beer again soon! Supporting the team we love somewhere.... (hopefully Berwick) lol

Edited by Deano
  • Like 1

Did I say that?

I'm done.

Everyone in 2007 knows who you are as you have stated...............sorry I aint go a clue who you are or what you did then, in the past or doing now?

But your done?

Everyone in 2007 knows who you are as you have stated...............sorry I aint go a clue who you are or what you did then, in the past or doing now?

But your done?

Like BlueJam says, Mr Invisible is probably right. See you at the meeting then.

Like BlueJam says, Mr Invisible is probably right. See you at the meeting then.

Who said that..............