British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Eastbourne V Poole 7pm (on Sky), Monday 30th June.

Remarkable scenes!

Mmm!

Taxi for Pedersen, men in white coats for Sir Shoutalot!

You really do wonder where they get these ref's from & Poole deserved something from the meeting.

Well done to Milik who is not supposed to be as good as Magic but is a real trier unlike Magic.

• Like 1

Great team spirit amongst these Poole boys - never giving up right to the end.

Two very welcome if unexpected points gained at a very difficult away track.

It's always satisfying to disappoint those who appear to find it difficult to hide their dislike against Poole speedway on here :lol:

Up The Pirates chaps :wink:

• Like 1

In defence of the track Woodward said a stock car meet had taken place sat and it was wavy into the bends, I thought it was well watered

On a warm sunny evening it wasn't that bad

Paid 7 for jk and he trundled round the inner like a man of 90, no heatleaders mean you don't win , easties 1 3 5 were shocking , Poole did well, kings Lynn will murder eastie on sat

Why did they put lahti in heat 15 clearly not good enough to mix it with pawlicki especially as bjarne had beaten pawlicki earlier

Great result against an 8 man Eastbourne team.Unlucky not to get the win.

Daniel Holt hang your head in shame

A special word for Kyle,top effort fella.

• Like 2

Not the track that Doctor Bob should have prescribed for his team.

Thought Holt was spot on barring Heat 10. Should never have been pulled back - it was simply riders riding hard for position. Somewhat ironic that the re-run gifted Pedersen his only decent ride of the night. What is it with Pedersen against Poole? Many of us Lakeside fans ask similar questions of Davey Watt. Pure coincidence I assume.

First time I've seen Michelsen ride. If I was Trevor Geer, I think I'd be on the phone to Kim Nilsson tonight asking him if he's fit yet. Dire from the gate and appeared to be going backwards 4 laps thereafter.

I can understand Poole's frustration tonight if I'm honest; albeit they are probably happy with 2 points.

Had to chuckle at Middlo's run to the ref's phone - the only other bloke I've ever seen run with his hands down by his sides is Mr. Bean. It was as if he was trying to hold a Rizla paper between the cheeks of his arse.

And just to add, NIL POINT for Eastbourne's Clerk of the Course, who clearly doesn't know his responsibility for allowing a Team manager to jump on the pit phone. Maybe he had to be back in his sheltered accommodation by 8pm - and it's rice pudding for tea tonight.

All in all, not a bad meeting to be honest. Some may say I'm easily pleased - or maybe I've just never been to Edinburgh. Roll on next season when they've got their independence; Edinburgh & Glasgow ever week. Enjoy. x

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

In defence of the track Woodward said a stock car meet had taken place sat and it was wavy into the bends, I thought it was well watered

On a warm sunny evening it wasn't that bad

Paid 7 for jk and he trundled round the inner like a man of 90, no heatleaders mean you don't win , easties 1 3 5 were shocking , Poole did well, kings Lynn will murder eastie on sat

Yes, but the cars dont race on the Speedway track at Eastie, they have their own tarmac/concrete circuit around the outside of the Speedway track...!!

I just a lowly coventry supporter so what do I know.

However Bjarne Pedersen, what a joker, con artist and absolute cheat.

His normal typical performance whenever Poole are in town.

Pedersen you deserve no respect - hope you sleep well tonight buddy.

Wishing you no personal success in the future.

Whoops, so angry, forgot the. 'Happy days"

Yes, but the cars dont race on the Speedway track at Eastie, they have their own tarmac/concrete circuit around the outside of the Speedway track...!!

Yes you have clearly never been, as probably 50% of the wednesday night stock cars take place on the shale! They dont actually "race" on the shale sure but seem to spend most there time crashing cars on it! Im Speedway at heart, but sometimes go down and watch the Stocks, and the state of the shale track at the end of the night is usually diabolical, so sorry but Cameron makes a valid point (but not defending the point).

Why did they put lahti in heat 15 clearly not good enough to mix it with pawlicki especially as bjarne had beaten pawlicki earlier

Sorry, but only a Poole fan would've said put Bjarne in Heat 15 as he was poor & at least Timo was on the pace all night.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

Whoops, so angry, forgot the. 'Happy days"

So Bjarne Pedersen is off you're crimbo card list then?

Not the track that Doctor Bob should have prescribed for his team.

Thought Holt was spot on barring Heat 10. Should never have been pulled back - it was simply riders riding hard for position. Somewhat ironic that the re-run gifted Pedersen his only decent ride of the night. What is it with Pedersen against Poole? Many of us Lakeside fans ask similar questions of Davey Watt. Pure coincidence I assume.

First time I've seen Michelsen ride. If I was Trevor Geer, I think I'd be on the phone to Kim Nilsson tonight asking him if he's fit yet. Dire from the gate and appeared to be going backwards 4 laps thereafter.

I can understand Poole's frustration tonight if I'm honest; albeit they are probably happy with 2 points.

Had to chuckle at Middlo's run to the ref's phone - the only other bloke I've ever seen run with his hands down by his sides is Mr. Bean. It was as if he was trying to hold a Rizla paper between the cheeks of his arse.

And just to add, NIL POINT for Eastbourne's Clerk of the Course, who clearly doesn't know his responsibility for allowing a Team a manager to jump on the pit phone. Maybe he had to be back in his sheltered accommodation by 8pm - and it's rice pudding for tea tonight.

All in all, not a bad meeting to be honest. Some may say I'm easily pleased - or maybe I've just never been to Edinburgh. Roll on next season when they've got their independence; Edinburgh & Glasgow ever week. Enjoy. x

I do enjoy reading your posts :D

I enjoyed the meeting too. Maybe I'm easily pleased as well. I was expecting a borefest, but the controversy kept it interesting. I felt Poole were hard done by with the decisions ( that's from a Coventry fan :P)