British Speedway Forum

In 60 years, it will look exactly like the Danish or German league with no foreign rider and just all young British and ACU riders learning their trade whilst looking for that amazing Polish/Russian league contract to make it World Class.

Danish leagues do have foreign riders but only a few and are not seven man teams.

The Elite League faces changes but I think they will do the usual thing of saying it's a five year plan and ditch it after two or three years.

There are whispers on a couple of facebook threads that the EL is moving towards Wednesday nights??!!

If true, I would think the aim would be for 2016 to allow for all clubs to start negotiations with their stadium landlords!!

Edited by Skidder1

Wednesday or Monday are the two main ideas but Sky want Mondays and speedway need the money they provide

Wednesday or Monday are the two main ideas but Sky want Mondays and speedway need the money they provide

Sky could still have their one Monday night meeting per week (with occasional Tuesday PL meetings) - if that continues to be their preferred night?!

• Like 1

There are whispers on a couple of facebook threads that the EL is moving towards Wednesday nights??!!

If true, I would think the aim would be for 2016 to allow for all clubs to start negotiations with their stadium landlords!!

I cant see Ladbrokes changing their Wednesday night dog racing to accommodate wolves at

Monmore so I think that's a no-no.

I cant see Ladbrokes changing their Wednesday night dog racing to accommodate wolves at

sorry scratch that made a mistake'LOL

sorry scratch that made a mistake'LOL

Nor Swindon, that is why two nights makes more sense, unfortunately not something the BSPA seem to use.

Edited by A ORLOV

Nor Swindon, that is why two nights makes more sense, unfortunately not something the BSPA seem to use.

Two nights per week - Thusdays & Fridays. Sky to cover speedway on Thursdays covers all the bases.

• Like 1

watever they decide , we know it will be a cock up , and wont last long before there back to the drawing board again ...deja vu

• Like 2

Mondays have to be part of it for Sky and Fridays are unlikely if you are going to include GP riders or SEC riders

Mondays with the occasional other night would be more beneficial for everyone

bottom line is the sport is heading for total balls up, so needs to draw up some sort of plan of action/template, especially for its pinnacle league (the EL)...

when done it needs to say. 'this is it, everyone work to it, if you cannot meet the EL criteria you cannot be in it'..

no more 'tail wagging the dog'....

there will be some winners and some losers but the greater good has to be the priority...

let's hope the plan is good.... :neutral:

• Like 2

watever they decide , we know it will be a cock up , and wont last long before there back to the drawing board again ...deja vu

What would your way forward be ? Just to ensure the BSPA don't make a cock up ?

Edited by New Science

2nights a week

2 British riders in every team

Total team limit of 42.50

Squad system but keep to same amount of meetings if there's Going to be 9teams next year.32 matches isnt alot over 6months,thtl get better riders over here and bring back alot of fans who have left the sport in the last 4-5years.

Reading between the lines of some of the promoter comments after their meeting last week - I think any big changes for the EL are set for 2016!!

And talking of the meeting last week, did you hear the one about a well known promoter who proposed we have 3 fast track riders per EL team next year and that most of the supporters were stupid.

Another promoter then said most EL tracks had seen a dramatic fall in supporters over the season and left most in debt and wasn't so sure it was the supporters that were stupid.

• Like 6