British Speedway Forum

And talking of the meeting last week, did you hear the one about a well known promoter who proposed we have 3 fast track riders per EL team next year and that most of the supporters were stupid.

Another promoter then said most EL tracks had seen a dramatic fall in supporters over the season and left most in debt and wasn't so sure it was the supporters that were stupid.

Great post bigcatdiary, in many ways I hope you are wrong and misquoting. However it sounds completely normal given everything fans have been exposed too over the last few years.

Still looking forward to seeing how you define a FTR for next year, especially with some of the top FTR performers of 2015.

And talking of the meeting last week, did you hear the one about a well known promoter who proposed we have 3 fast track riders per EL team next year and that most of the supporters were stupid.

Another promoter then said most EL tracks had seen a dramatic fall in supporters over the season and left most in debt and wasn't so sure it was the supporters that were stupid.

I could take a guess!!! :D I know at least one promoter who only wants one FTR reserve next year!!!

Incidentally another GP rider, Magic Janowski, has come out and said that the UK needs to reduce its EL fixtures so that he can fit everything in for 2015.

Those EL promoters who don't own their own tracks (that's most of them) also need to give their stadium landlords some sort of minimum guarantee as to the number of stadium rentals they need. Maybe just 'A' fixtures for the EL, plus each EL team running another team in a lower (PL) league without any top riders if they have to commit to a minimum number of fixtures??!

Edited by Skidder1

I believe Jon Cook at Lakeside is after the top scoring reserves from this year moving up into the main body of the team for next, with two more fast trackers beneath them. Where on earth would we find another nine kids to replace Kerr, Garrity, Blackbird, Worrall etc?

Great post bigcatdiary, in many ways I hope you are wrong and misquoting. However it sounds completely normal given everything fans have been exposed too over the last few years.

Still looking forward to seeing how you define a FTR for next year, especially with some of the top FTR performers of 2015.

Worryingly I know it was accurate.

EL needs to race on 2 set nights and leave the other 5 nights to the PL, this would solve the doubling up/down fiasco of missing riders straight away and to be fair I don't see why any rider cannot double up, if teams want to use up nearly a third of their team limit on one rider why not.

Common sense would suggest Wednesday/Thursday would be the best nights and perhaps just an additional sky match on Mondays if Sky cannot use the usual nights.

• Like 2

bottom line is the sport is heading for total balls up, so needs to draw up some sort of plan of action/template, especially for its pinnacle league (the EL)...

when done it needs to say. 'this is it, everyone work to it, if you cannot meet the EL criteria you cannot be in it'..

no more 'tail wagging the dog'....

there will be some winners and some losers but the greater good has to be the priority...

let's hope the plan is good.... :neutral:

Self interest will take over, so the plan will be the usual half hearted middle ground, and have numerous loop holes and rewrites.

• Like 1

Self interest will take over, so the plan will be the usual half hearted middle ground, and have numerous loop holes and rewrites.

This one post should be stuck at the top of every 'What next for Speedway' thread, as we all know there's never been truer words spoken (or typed).

and therein lies the ultimate issue with the sport...

it can never move forwards with the continual 'make it up as you go along to appease everyone' rules and decision making..

'Survival of the fittest' was Darwin's view of evolution....

'Survival of the weakest' is Speedway's, hence it simply doesn't grow stronger and evolve, at best it stagnates and mostly, each season, it regresses.....

And we all know the ultimate fate of any entity continually evolving to become weaker rather than stronger... :sad:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

A lot of unreasonable or unrealistic posts I would guess if I was a promoter.

However, if there is a promoter or someone with the power reading these posts to give a criteria of what your club can or can't do to us fans, to suggest ideas and meet halfway.

• Like 1

I could take a guess!!! :D I know at least one promoter who only wants one FTR reserve next year!!!

Incidentally another GP rider, Magic Janowski, has come out and said that the UK needs to reduce its EL fixtures so that he can fit everything in for 2015.

Those EL promoters who don't own their own tracks (that's most of them) also need to give their stadium landlords some sort of minimum guarantee as to the number of stadium rentals they need. Maybe just 'A' fixtures for the EL, plus each EL team running another team in a lower (PL) league without any top riders if they have to commit to a minimum number of fixtures??!

Wouldn't be too many fixtures for a British-based, British-priorising rider

Do we want all these foreign Johnnies who can't fit British fixtures into their bulging diaries?

Let's get back to a British League system for British-based riders - yes, like the good old days

Those who want to ride all over the rest of Europe, so that they can't fulfil a full British programme, let them bloody well go off and do so

• Like 4

Wouldn't be too many fixtures for a British-based, British-priorising rider

Do we want all these foreign Johnnies who can't fit British fixtures into their bulging diaries?

Let's get back to a British League system for British-based riders - yes, like the good old days

Those who want to ride all over the rest of Europe, so that they can't fulfil a full British programme, let them bloody well go off and do so

I don't necessarily disagree with that - if only the PL promoters would agree!!!

• Like 2

Six main body riders with riders listed three to six each having one ride with a fast track rider.

The rider at number six can replace a rider at any time during the meeting like a reserve and only rides alongside riders, 3, 4, 5 and 7 and they have to be British and stay at that position all season.

Still has to be one night a week if you want to keep some of the star riders to attract crowds as stopping them now will be too hard to replace in the first year

Six main body riders with riders listed three to six each having one ride with a fast track rider.

The rider at number six can replace a rider at any time during the meeting like a reserve and only rides alongside riders, 3, 4, 5 and 7 and they have to be British and stay at that position all season.

Still has to be one night a week if you want to keep some of the star riders to attract crowds as stopping them now will be too hard to replace in the first year

That sounds terrible. Having to watch heatleaders and FTR in the same race is not the way forward.

That sounds terrible. Having to watch heatleaders and FTR in the same race is not the way forward.

Two races in one the clowns would love that, 8 heat matches all home by 9pm. :shock:

One thing we now know is the BSPA will need to make the play-off's start early September as Australia have the GP final round signed and sealed on 24th October 2015

One thing we now know is the BSPA will need to make the play-off's start early September as Australia have the GP final round signed and sealed on 24th October 2015

No need we'll Just have teams full of RR and guests as per usual.