British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Eastbourne V King's Lynn 05/07/14

well done to eastie on a fine 3 points ,well done to ellis, a fine job at short notice.

if eastbourne have the slightest hope of getting in the top 4 (unlikely but not impossible) they have to wield the axe and give jk the chop, hes been getting lucky paid 6 and 7 for ages whilst doing nothing and tonight never wanted to know at any stage

• Like 1

A very disappointing week for the Stars only collecting 3 from 11 points. Certainly hope this isn't a sign of things to come and just a small blip

Rubbish already from Kenneth Bjerre, saying he has too much on at the moment, well the way he is going, he might have one less league to worry about.....

• Like 1

A very disappointing week for the Stars only collecting 3 from 11 points. Certainly hope this isn't a sign of things to come and just a small blip

wheelscomingoff.jpg

• Like 6

Would've been happy with a point which we'd have probably got but for all the falls we had - not to mention the strange exclusion for Kerr. Far too much un-luck methinks.

Nothing gained but nothing lost either, so nothing much to get worried about.

• Like 1

Lol love the pic.

All teams go through a rough patch. I am hoping this is Lynn's. Its how quickly you kick on and get through that rough patch and get back on track ( no pun intended) I. Am sure Rob n Buster will soon have em back at it

Edited by semion

Thankfully now in the pub after mt first meeting of the season.

To answer a question Blackbird lost a fight with his neighbours cat ;)

Firstly well done to Eastbourne,better team on the night and probably for the time ever at Arlington I saw no sign of dirty riding !!!

Crowd was abysmal, no wonder speedway is in trouble, top of the table team in town and apathy rules it seems.

Track was as bumpy as the Poole match but it was the same for both teams.

I was quietly impressed with Marc Owen after reading of his last outing here in his first he was desperately unlucky,laying it down very quickly to avoid what we all thought was Ellis going down. In his next he improved each lap and his third was very close and on the pace. Lambert & Porsing did all expected of 2nd strings away from home Rory was excellent, NKI suffered an uncharecteristic fall. Bjerre, I prefer not to comment. Kerr was very good.

Now Semion, I know you are desperate to know if it will tempt me back and the answer is no. £17 for less than 15 minutes entertainment and I don't class piped music as entertainment is a rip off.

Now I'm gonna enjoy my pint and a curry.

Edited to add, my daughter just said she wished we had stayed here and had more curry rather than go to Eastbourne - can't deny she's a clever girl lol

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Perhaps bird teams are a jinx to us

I don't get it Star Lady. You shack all the way down to Sussex, hand over £17 to watch Speedway on a trick track. Yet, you can't go 2 miles up the road hand over a mere £16 to watch the same thing on one of the best tracks in the Country. It must be a female thing lol

• Like 2

That bloody track was a disgrace, loads of dirt up against the boards on the bends so if any rider went wide for one reason or another off the came, I was absolutely fuming!

All the bloody years Bob has been doing that track, if that's his way of giving his team an advantage, best thing he can do is bloody retire! No wonder the crowd was poo, he doesn't deserve anything better providing a sh#t track like that for racers to race on!!!!!!!!!!! You should be ashamed Bob Dugard!

How annoying it was after the main meeting to see this garden tractor come out with a small blade on and blade a whole load of the thick shale to right near the boards before the kids came out to race! So the track was unsafe for the kids but the blokes had to cope with it, just great!!! NOT

A hollow victory for Eastbourne borne only by cheating from their promoter, the damn ref has to take some responsibility too IMO, he should have told Bob to blade it all off or move it around the track!

Signed Pi##ed O## from Norfolk lol

Edited by Trees
  • Like 2

Just home, congrats to Eastbourne for their win but I have to say the Stars completely threw that one away. From Porsing rearing up and dropping from second to last in heat one through to Niels fencing Rory in heat 15 we wasted a shed load of points, at least ten scanning through the programme in the shape of falls, going too wide, staying down low on the final bend with all the grip out wide or not cutting back in the first bend off gate four when there was never going to be room to get round. We gated really well all night but just couldn't hold on to our positions, really ought to have been all four points.

The meeting swung Eastbourne's way with the heat seven 0-5 which was an awful refereeing decision, Lewis hit the fourth bend fence almost coming to a standstill but managed to get going again before Lahti came round bend three yet the red lights went on and the race was awarded despite there being no damage to the fence. Baffling.

Thought the shale was too heavy on the outside with very little effort made to pull it back despite a thousand laps by the Bobmobile but the Arlington circuit is just too narrow and there is so little room for error, a terrible racetrack really. On a positive note there was an excellent 125cc programme after the main meeting with some highly promising youngsters taking part, this is something every track in the UK should be doing for the future of the sport, very impressed.

For those people who are worried that we are running out of steam just cast your mind back to August 2009 when we went to Birmingham and Scunthorpe on successive August days and suffered two hidings, yet went on to win the PL treble. Is not been a great week but we've scored 40 away from home twice without TR's and without performing at all. Just a blip for me, have a look at the table if in any doubt of what this team is capable of and keep the faith.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

That bloody track was a disgrace, loads of dirt up against the boards on the bends so if any rider went wide for one reason or another off the came, I was absolutely fuming!

All the bloody years Bob has been doing that track, if that's his way of giving his team an advantage, best thing he can do is bloody retire! No wonder the crowd was poo, he doesn't deserve anything better providing a sh#t track like that for racers to race on!!!!!!!!!!! You should be ashamed Bob Dugard!

How annoying it was after the main meeting to see this garden tractor come out with a small blade on and blade a whole load of the thick shale to right near the boards before the kids came out to race! So the track was unsafe for the kids but the blokes had to cope with it, just great!!! NOT

A hollow victory for Eastbourne borne only by cheating from their promoter, the damn ref has to take some responsibility too IMO, he should have told Bob to blade it all off or move it around the track!

Signed Pi##ed O## from Norfolk lol

Hollow maybe, but if it stops your arrogant/whinging supporters from celebrating winning the title it will have been worth it !!

For me it used to be ABP ( anyone but Poole) but will sub the P for an L from now on

• Like 2

Hollow maybe, but if it stops your arrogant/whinging supporters from celebrating winning the title it will have been worth it !!

For me it used to be ABP ( anyone but Poole) but will sub the P for an L from now on

Wow! you do have a problem. Compared to some of the poster from others clubs, I think the Stars supporter are quite mellow, and anything slightly offensive, is usually said in jest. I have urged them many time to get off the fence, so where these celebrations are, I haven't seen them......

Obviously disappointed at the way we lost, although this was always going to be difficult. With riders falling in 7 races, the writing was on the wall. You can't give the opposing team 21 guaranteed points and expect to win. The Ref exclusion of Kerr was the last straw. It was never going to happen. Best we regroup and move on.

Congratulation to Eastbourne on their victory and hope it goes some way of tempting lost supporter back and new owners found.

• Like 2

Wow, where on earth does that spiteful attitude come from? I bet you were the mouthy beggar on the home straight who was celebrating victory with no grace at all and giving Rory grief after/during heat 15.

Poor show.