British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Eastbourne V King's Lynn 05/07/14

Last time I saw him at eastie he got R,R,R and didnt complete a lap so who knows

I think if he rides well tonight his parent club might want him back for good

• Like 2

I think if he rides well tonight his parent club might want him back for good

he wonthave any oranges during the interval, mor likely a clementiine

• Like 1

he wonthave any oranges during the interval, mor likely a clementiine

Thou that's good rucks you knowledge of Mark Owens songs is a worry :D

its the only fruit based song the chap ever made

And your knowledge to know what a Mark Owen song is also adds to the worrying list

If anyone see ruckerroo or orion at a track near you, backs to the walls chaps :lol::t:

• Like 1

Trees, have you got a map in your motor? :)

See you guys later. ;)

• Like 2

On route to hospital with a cut eye apparently according to his Twitter.

Yep map is in the car, it's M11, M25 to junc 6, A22 all the way to dear old Eastbourne :-)

First benders on tour!!

• Like 1

The fact that finishing 4th gives you a crack at being champions mean that every meeting is vital for teams from 2nd down to 8th at the moment, which if Stars were in those positions we would not be questioning the play-off system.

similar system applies in the British speedway championship meeting where there is a semi final and final, rather than top point scorer from the heats being crowned champion. Right or wrong, I don't know but it makes for more sporting drama,

Its good that being in the top 4 gives a team a chance of 'something' yes (like an end of season ko cup style competition) but a chance to be 'League Champions'?? Totally ridiculous - and always has been and personally I've never been a fan of it regardless of where Lynn were in the league.

And it can't be compared to an individual meeting that ends in a semi and final but it COULD be compared with the GP where after 10/11/12 rounds the top 4 race in a one off final to determine world champ!! How crazy would that be !! :rofl:

Without the play-offs in speedway this season would be pretty much all over for everyone except Stars as there is no champions league to qualify for and no relegation to battle against, so teams would just be playing out their fixtures while riders would focus their attention on foreign leagues where their teams still have a chance of winning something.

If you think riders would focus elsewhere because their team can't win the league you are mistaken.Their goal as always is to score as many points as possible to earn more money.

This would possibly happen if riders were paid a weekly wage like most sportsmen,but they don't.They are paid on a performance basis.

Is Blackbird definitely missing?. I have been longing to see the first (I think) elite battle between him and Kerr all season. They are well ahead of the other Reserves and would have met three, or more likely four, times tonight. This week Blackbird edged ahead on a Greensheet average for the first time but there is only the proverbial Gnats Wing in it.

I struggled to convince the wife that this was more important than the Grandkids Barbeque but with no head to head, three misfiring heat leaders and no doubt a second or third class substitute reserve plus the downer in morale knowing this is the last season, I think I will have to give it a miss.

If Bjerre overcomes his poor Arlington form of the last few seasons and rides like the man that used to get an 18 pointer there then I Can only see an away win, probably by a country mile.

For anybody travelling down I don't know about those 'Heavy Storms' 20 miles away but I am 3 miles away and the Met forecast has been spot on. Overnight rain clearing this morning and a nice day. The only problem was the the rain struggled to materialize and was so small I had to get the hose pipe out on wilting beans this morning. It has been a long hot and dry June and I bet they have the hoses out at Arlington to avoid the dust bowl of last Monday

Said 'gutted ill be missing tonight, 1 match I was looking forward too'

A cut eye, hopefully nothing too serious.

And your knowledge to know what a Mark Owen song is also adds to the worrying list

If anyone see ruckerroo or orion at a track near you, backs to the walls chaps :lol::t:

On the plus side it should only take him a minute to do four laps .