British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Witches V Devils 10th July 2014

To be honest I know he's copped a bit of stick on here at times but it's not the first time he's asked.

I wouldnt say any of it has been aimed at Adam personally.

We all know its not his fault that the rule re having to use a lower grade NL rider is in place.

Its that rule that is frustrating rather than Adam being missing as such.

I take it Wells wasn't available to take a guest booking. Well done to Adam for putting Ipswich first. Let's hope Cameron can finally get his season on tract at reserve. I should imagine it will be at least a 20 plus point home win, or at least it should be given the Devils team problems.

I take it Wells wasn't available to take a guest booking. Well done to Adam for putting Ipswich first. Let's hope Cameron can finally get his season on tract at reserve. I should imagine it will be at least a 20 plus point home win, or at least it should be given the Devils team problems.

Worrall 7.40, Wells 7.90. So Ricky can't guest.

That would explain that one then, thanks. Didn't realise that yet another number 1s averaged has dropped so low. Another worrying thought, is that even with a low average like that he is still number 1.

Here ya go Baldyman latest set of averages, 1st figure is starting ave, 2nd is July green sheet

Richie Worrall 8.42 7.40

Morten Risager 6.90 7.08

Rohan Tungate 7.05 6.55

Gino Manzares 5.00 5.61

Ritchie Hawkins 3.96 4.88

Cameron Heeps 6.74 4.78

Adam Ellis 4.14 4.48

Worrall is the lowest number 1 in the PL by 0.01 from Wolbert (Glasgow)

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Just for thought and arguments sake, what if we got shot of Worrall and could find another numbe1 what average do we have to play with since our team is under the limit? Me personally I wouldn't change him, and I would be offering a good package to keep him for next season, cos you would have to be rather stupid to let him ride for another team next season. Just wondering what we could have though.

Team total is 40.78 so 33.38 minus Worrall, leaves 9.12

Yes it would be stupid to lose him next year on a low ave.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

I agree I would be doing a deal for Worrall right now. I'd imagine he'll be hot property next season if that average doesn't increase much in the closing months.

Actually there's a few there who have dropped their averages who now look a lot more attractive!

Most teams will have to rip their teams apart after this season and shed riders, we could keep our 1-7.

On Adam Ellis, Jonny I honestly can't remember seeing anyone having a Pop at Adam on here, as has been said there has been a lot of frustration at the amount of meetings he's missed which has been ridiculous to be quite honest.

Nobody has blamed Adam himself for that as we all realise it isn't his fault.

I'll admit though I've been a little disappointed by his performances this year and thought he'd kick on better than he has, but I still have faith that he'll go on to be a very good rider in the future.

I'd certainly look to retain him again next year if we have priority over his fixtures.

Edited by CardinalSin

Adam started the season like a train, some very good scores and his bikes looking very fast, or set up correctly for the track conditions. I dare say a fair few falls have knocked his body his confidence and his machinery of late. There is no doubting that he has plenty of talent and still has some much more improvement in him. I'm guessing that maybe he doesn't have the sponsorship money coming in like some riders to keep his engines in tip top condition and service.

On to Worrall, like I've said, a rider will ride basically where he wants to, so for the right package I'm sure he would stay for next season. And again, any team manager or promotion would be totally stupid not to include him in next year's team on the average he is currently on. That's a second heat leader average. King and Worrall or Doyle and Worrall would be a good spearhead for next season, throw in manzares and heeps who are also musts, and that's not a bad start to 2015. I would also throw blackbird and Ellis into the mix for a team place.

Bit early to pick next years team, still plenty to play for this season... :o

• Like 1

Bit early to pick next years team, still plenty to play for this season... :o

On paper plenty to play for maybe ???

Out of League cup .

Not even in Prem league 4's .

Not a cat's chance in the Prem league pair's .

Maybe make the playoffs ( hopefully ) .

In KO cup semi with a decent shot of the final .

Not exactly my idea of plenty but still possibilities there for the taking if the Witches can get their arses in gear and find a bit of form and consistency !

Not sure it's good for Ellis' development to be riding regularly for a track (Lakeside) he hates?

Maybe there's a deal to be done there to bring him to Foxhall full time as an asset.

So Ben Barker has declared himself fit to race, R/R for Kyle Newman and Plymouth are waiting for news on Rasmus Jensen so there might still be one change. Ipswich should win, but should be some entertainment now that Barker is riding.

Yes but he was every time he rode against us in the past. It's just that dreaded Ipswich number 1 jacket that seems to have a negative effect on the riders.