British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shady

Workington Comets V Peterborough Panthers Lc Semi

If you really believe he is taking the p#ss then that is your view. Personally I don't but lets agree to disagree with that one then eh ?

Dryml's of course have form for this in thepast.

Great team effort from the Panthers tonight, especially Nicki Barrett .. :drink:

Nice professional job by P'boro.

Great team effort from the Panthers tonight, especially Nicki Barrett

And va va voom ?

• Like 1

Dryml's of course have form for this in thepast.

Not sure you can point that accusation at Ales. It was aimed at Lukas 10 years ago but not sure that is particular relevant now anyway.

I am sure there is a very good reason why Ales was not riding tonight

What a rubbish performance by the comets tonight given a lesson in gating by Peterborough good job it was not a league match .

That's true but I think "dancing" was the keyword if that is indeed what he was doing.

Exactly !!! It stinks how can you get a guest for an injured rider who was managing to knock a few moves out in Walkabout on Friday he's as injured as me :nono: , right beside me so yes I was there before some clever so and so asks :mad: . Another bad night at the office for the Comets, but one consolation we don't get beat by Edinburgh, we'l let Peterborough suffer that :P:lol:

What a rubbish performance by the comets tonight given a lesson in gating by Peterborough good job it was not a league match .

No, It was much bigger than that.

A cup semi-final 2nd leg is miles more important than a standard league match.

Exactly !!! It stinks how can you get a guest for an injured rider who was managing to knock a few moves out in Walkabout on Friday he's as injured as me :nono: , right beside me so yes I was there before some clever so and so asks :mad: . Another bad night at the office for the Comets, but one consolation we don't get beat by Edinburgh, we'l let Peterborough suffer that :P:lol:

I'm sure Chris will elaborate on the stresses issue. There's no i in team but there is in the match winner Nicki Barrett so take a bow young man!

Superb win, having Bellego for Ales instead of Fisher definitely helped, and think we will do the Monarchs in the final.

well panthers reserves can' t do any worse than the last time they rode there 1pt between them

And they certainly didn't, Barrett very impressive and young Jacobs had a good go so all in all the necessary improvement that yielded the win tonight!! :t:

Cant help thinking though that this was a match that the Comets didn't want to win, looking at an already burgeoning fixture list adding another two wasn't an option, may be wrong but that's how it looked to me?

Comets won races easily when they needed to to stay in the match and then the convincing 5-1 in the last over arguably P,boro's strongest pairing showed we could have easily done better than we did!!

Campton put a great ride together in ht14 but nowt much before same with Lambert, Neilsen tried but outpaced most of the time, Wells/Grajczonek won when needed and Rene, by far the best performer all night did most to keep us in it, not enough consistency throughout to match the Panthers who just did what they needed to do!!

Blackbird looked very good after a shaky start and could have been worth a lot more if not for that, Bellego, what a poor choice of guest he was, :D only 11pts, tragic, Bjerre quick from the gate and rode solidly enough same with Ulrich very fast, just as well there's not much dirt or god knows where he'd have ended up, and as previous the two reserves did a commendable job!! :t:

Panthers deserved the win on the night for sheer effort and determination but as I say, cant help thinking this meeting was just played out, we "could" have won this if we really wanted to, absolutely convinced of it? :(