British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Edinburgh :continuation Of Monarchs' Losing Run: Wednesday, July 23

Tonight's meeting has been re-arranged for this coming Wednesday at 7-30pm.

• Like 1

It seems to me that Edinburgh's unbeaten run is because their away meetings keep getting called off: e.g. the health & safety issues at Peterborough, tonight's rain off, etc.

In which case, Edinburgh's unbeaten run isn't as impressive as first appears. I'm claiming a greater record: Oxford have been unbeaten in all official competitions since October 2007. And wait until the Walthamstow fans get on here - they have an unbeaten record that the Monarchs will never get close to. ;)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

Tonight's meeting has been re-arranged for this coming Wednesday at 7-30pm.

Really

It seems to me that Edinburgh's unbeaten run is because their away meetings keep getting called off: e.g. the health & safety issues at Peterborough, tonight's rain off, etc.

In which case, Edinburgh's unbeaten run isn't as impressive as first appears. I'm claiming a greater record: Oxford have been unbeaten in all official competitions since October 2007. And wait until the Walthamstow fans get on here - they have an unbeaten record that the Monarchs will never get close to. ;)

All the best

Rob

Or the unbeaten run might have been higher than the current 24 ;)

Really

Really.

Just before six o'clock referee Margaret Vardy and team captains Derek Sneddon and Matthew Wethers made the briefest of track inspections and the inevitable decision was taken to call off the Knock Out Cup quarter final first leg.

At that stage the stadium was being lashed by heavy rain and the track was long past repair. Berwick had been relatively dry all day but drizzle started falling at 4.30pm and got worse and worse after that.

Supporters travelling down the A1 to the match had to endure dreadful driving conditions only to arrive at a very soggy Shielfield Park.

Both teams were keen that this fixture would not create further fixture congestion later in the season so the match has been re-arranged for this Wednesday, 23rd July with a start time of 7.30pm.

Taken from Edinburgh's Twitter page.

So is the run 24 rain offs? :P

All the best

Rob

Erm does that make sense?

Really.

Just before six o'clock referee Margaret Vardy and team captains Derek Sneddon and Matthew Wethers made the briefest of track inspections and the inevitable decision was taken to call off the Knock Out Cup quarter final first leg.

At that stage the stadium was being lashed by heavy rain and the track was long past repair. Berwick had been relatively dry all day but drizzle started falling at 4.30pm and got worse and worse after that.

Supporters travelling down the A1 to the match had to endure dreadful driving conditions only to arrive at a very soggy Shielfield Park.

Both teams were keen that this fixture would not create further fixture congestion later in the season so the match has been re-arranged for this Wednesday, 23rd July with a start time of 7.30pm.

Taken from Edinburgh's Twitter page.

Nothing on Berwick website yet

Nothing on Berwick website yet

That doesn't mean to say its not true, surely your not one of the merry band that needs to have it officially announced by the club before they believe it, I thought better of you.

Lucifer never makes sense......but he is paranoid with the monarchs, especially when it is 13 home and 11 away so far, not including H&S and the cancelled match at Workington due to no medical cover.......

Lucifer you are a wee devil

• Like 1

got about 3/4 of the way down and the weather was getting worse so we decided to turn around and head for home. Gutted because i was looking forward to my Robert Smith's! :)

got about 3/4 of the way down and the weather was getting worse so we decided to turn around and head for home. Gutted because i was looking forward to my Robert Smith's! :)

Better than me, Mr B. I made it all the way there (although I did get a pint with the Big Taximan in the Black & gold which made the trip worthwhile).

I blame Screm. He jinxed it. :P

Better than me, Mr B. I made it all the way there (although I did get a pint with the Big Taximan in the Black & gold which made the trip worthwhile).

I blame Screm. He jinxed it. :P

Everybody blames Screm. :oops:

• Like 2

With the quick rearrangement of the cup-tie for Wednesday, there has been no time to book out the hospitality lounge to any corporate businesses -- so supporters are invited to book up as single, double (or more) customers for the famous Shielfield Park buffet'n'booze hospitality!

Wednesday night only -- for a rock-bottom price of just £29 per head, you'll get admission to the meeting, a free programme, the usual sumptious buffet meal and free drinks -- plus the captivating infield visit during racing!

But obviously, you'll need to be quick -- at that price, places within the lounge will sell out pretty fast. Call Lani Rae right now and reserve your place or places. Call 07779-227535 or e-mail lani@berwickbandits.co

This offer is open to Edinburgh supporters too, of course -- no narrow-minded discrimination here!