British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiveusaB

Gps Abroad?

Guest GiveusaB

Do any of the other Gp's come close to the experience of Cardiff?

I'm thinking of going (never seen speedway abroad) so would appreciate reccomendations?

Do any of the other Gp's come close to the experience of Cardiff?

I'm thinking of going (never seen speedway abroad) so would appreciate reccomendations?

I broke my GP virginity at Prague this year and had a fantastic time, lovely city, easy travelling and food & drink cheap.

Difficult to top the Cardiff experience but The Polish GP's usually create a great atmosphere - apart from this years at Bydgoszcz, result of an internal dispute and stance from Polish fans.

Guest GiveusaB

I like the sound of Prague, as we like the whole day out...build up etc.......sounds like a good City to enjoy before the main event etc.....

I like the sound of Prague, as we like the whole day out...build up etc.......sounds like a good City to enjoy before the main event etc.....

TORUN is a nice town, not on the scale of Prague of course.

Also Riga but, as yet, we do not know how the stadium and track will stack up.

Stockholm superb but expensive. Great stadium though..

Guest GiveusaB

I'd better start saving :) !

Prague is an amazing City but it's usually the worst GP, the track never produces good racing. If you can put up with that you will have a great time.

Torun is a great trip. Nice enough town, superb stadium and a great track. Preferred the mid-summer slot to end of season mind and getting tickets is a weird process.

Bydgoszcz also is a decent town, great track, not such a great stadium though. Prague is a superb place, but the stadium and track are a bit ropey. I'd consider Riga as its a great place to visit. Went there on our way to a Daugvapils GP, which is a dead end town as you are ever likely to visit.

Have a look at Travel Plus, they do all the GP`s and usually organise a league meeting into your trip.

TORUN is a nice town, not on the scale of Prague of course.

Also Riga but, as yet, we do not know how the stadium and track will stack up.

Stockholm superb but expensive. Great stadium though..

If Stockholm GP was in the summer it would be a great trip but the last weekend in September means much colder weather

and usually poorer weather, it does not do the city justice IMO.

Prague is a lovely city to visit, very cheap & you can walk all over the city centre. A beer can cost about 90p just off the main two squares providing you avoid the Irish bars & tourist traps. Very safe bar for the pickpockets who are blatent & obvious.

Prague is a lovely city to visit, very cheap & you can walk all over the city centre. A beer can cost about 90p just off the main two squares providing you avoid the Irish bars & tourist traps. Very safe bar for the pickpockets who are blatent & obvious.

I was told about the possibility of pickpockets while in Prague, happily everything was fine and to be honest I felt no more threatened there than walking around any big city, you just need to be careful, for example is probably isn't the best idea to be walking around late at night with hundreds of pounds worth of camera sticking out your bag, especially around the touristy bits like Charles Bridge or Wenslases Square.

If Stockholm GP was in the summer it would be a great trip but the last weekend in September means much colder weather

and usually poorer weather, it does not do the city justice IMO.

WASN'T too chilly last year