British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Rye House V Panthers 19/07/2014 @ 7pm

this is getting to be a habit. Rye House call off when match could have gone ahead...its not as though Peterborough are travelling a grea distance..doesn't make sense to me to call off when it's a warm evening ideal for watching

"Of the Peterborough match, which was called off early on Saturday (July 19) at 11am but saw beautiful, sunny weather later that evening, Silver commented: “I make no bones about the fact that the weather was only half the reason for cancelling.

But I really didn’t want to run any more matches with our existing side until I’d got Mellgren and Greenwood in."

Read more: http://www.harlowstar.co.uk/Sport/Speedway/Rye-House-Rockets-sign-Anders-Mellgren-and-Oliver-Greenwood-20140719183904.htm#ixzz37wOUJfgB

Edited by MrMungo
  • Like 1

That is an absolute liberty, a pi55 take of the highest order and just about sums up the lack of morals and integrity in speedway today.

Suppose it's finally proof of what we all thought most promotions do, the Bspa, scb or whoever need to act and act now to stop these bloody outrageous decisions being made by home promotions..... Unbelievable!!

• Like 6

"Of the Peterborough match, which was called off early on Saturday (July 19) at 11am but saw beautiful, sunny weather later that evening, Silver commented: “I make no bones about the fact that the weather was only half the reason for cancelling.

But I really didn’t want to run any more matches with our existing side until I’d got Mellgren and Greenwood in."

Read more: http://www.harlowstar.co.uk/Sport/Speedway/Rye-House-Rockets-sign-Anders-Mellgren-and-Oliver-Greenwood-20140719183904.htm#ixzz37wOUJfgB

So he cancelled a fixture because he didn't like the team he was putting out.

What a joke, The Panthers should be given the win and Rye House should be fined.

What a joke, The Panthers should be given the win and Rye House should be fined.

Uncle Len hasn't got it right at all, has he? He should have just blamed it on an unknown health & safety issue. ;)

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

as regards the home promotor making the decision to call ANY meetings off. the home m promoyion pays all the bills/travel for riders/referees/ground staff and relies on a good turnout to pay the bills , the away promotion are not able to this as they dont live on the doorstep. the ref cant do it. so who else is left to make the meeting off decision. yea, thats right. THE GUY WHO FOOTS THE BILL. always..

• Like 3

as regards the home promotor making the decision to call ANY meetings off. the home m promoyion pays all the bills/travel for riders/referees/ground staff and relies on a good turnout to pay the bills , the away promotion are not able to this as they dont live on the doorstep. the ref cant do it. so who else is left to make the meeting off decision. yea, thats right. THE GUY WHO FOOTS THE BILL. always..

youre not as daft as I thought, ..............

you're dafter!!:)

• Like 1

So he cancelled a fixture because he didn't like the team he was putting out.

Don't be so naive. I'm sure the Panthers promotion are happy it's off with a weakened side.
  • Like 1

With my enthusiasm re-kindled by Luke's Testimonial last Sunday I was disappointed when this was called off but wondered if perhaps it wasn't the rain but the possibility of the dust storms which made viewing on the first bend uncomfortable last week which led to the cancellation. What happened to the additive they used last year to alleviate this problem. I am seriously considering the wisdom of spending £20+ on petrol to redeem our rain off tickets at Peterborough or making any further plans to watch Home matches which now seem to be called of on a whim.

ah. I see the Rockets losing more of loyal fan base who want to see regular racing then..maybe Len thinks he's in the elite league and can run whenever it suits the riders, and if it's a midweek evening when fans cannot get there well that's the way it's going to be by the looks of it. Sorry to draw a parallel with footy but even at a relatively low semi-professional level this would simply not be tolerated....what a toothless governing body we have who accept this kind of thing without a murmur... i sound like a broken record

• Like 2

7pm and the sun is blazing through the windows half a mile from the track. Crazy!

To be fair the forecast all week has been for storms today. Looks like the forecasters got it wrong.

To be fair the forecast all week has been for storms today. Looks like the forecasters got it wrong.

I agree, it sounds fair enough to me!

“It was a terrible forecast there’s no doubt about that and it’s turned out to be false.

“But I really didn’t want to run any more matches with our existing side until I’d got Mellgren and Greenwood in.

“If the weather forecast had been good I would have run the meeting no matter what.

“I had a forecast of 60 per cent chance of heavy thunderstorms from 11am to 9pm all over Hertfordshire and I had to take notice of that.

“Because apart from the impact on the track itself, that’s never really the point.

“If it’s raining all around us nobody comes to watch and we cannot afford to run a meeting in front of an empty stadium.”

• Like 1

Forecasts can be hit and miss. Today's was changing throughout the day. Surely it would be worth waiting until around 4pm before making a decision. By mid afternoon the Met Office forecast was favourable.
  • Like 1

If you make little effort to run Speedway then do not expect the fans to bother that much either - reaping what you sow.

• Like 3

Maybe Lukes testimonial was more important than at first thought as Len had ample proof from the size of thegate last week that the Rye fans still fans are run out of patience with the current "team" and when in Lens world greenbacks have always talked loudly.

Now looking forward to the Redcar meeting,.

The madness of uncle Len saved me having to make a decision, so I went to eastbourne and enjoyed an excellent meeting on a much improved Arlington track. Thanks Len!