British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Berwick Bandits Pl 31-7-14 @ 7-30 Pm

So when is a world cup reserve not a reserve?

The only thing I can think of is that because we dont have to name the team (GB) until the day before the final he isnt 'signed up' officially for the SWC as he hasnt ridden.

But that doesnt tally up with the regs that have been stated elsewhere!

Good news for us Witches - just hope theres not a last minute switch.

Wouldn't surprise me if he not allowed to ride for the Witches. ........

I was surprised the preview was so short. Wouldve expected it to make a point that Richie was there before joining Team GB but not a mention at all.

Unless of course he wont be but everyone will only find out at 7.30 on Thursday!

Needs clarification ASAP IMO.

Perhaps the official reserve for the World cup final isn't tied by the same rules as the riders in the team or alternatively Richie no longer fills that role , we may never know .

Now that the situation appears to be clear we can look forward to the meeting without further speculation ( hopefully ) .

Ultimately we just need the 3 league points from this meeting and a win by 7 points will do me fine .

• Like 1

Found it odd that on Sky monday, Simon Stead was at the meeting but they had to use a guest for him.

• Like 1

Found it odd that on Sky monday, Simon Stead was at the meeting but they had to use a guest for him.

Stead wasn't allowed to ride as he was already signed into the SWC , riders aren't allowed to compete whilst their country is still in the completion

can anyone tell me who is the gb reserve for saturday at the world cup.

just seem it. worra is the reserve , so should be going out with the world cup team on wed. then again, with him onlt being a reserve. if he gets injured, there is plenty more average riders to fill the gap.like cook etc.

Edited by jenga

can anyone tell me who is the gb reserve for saturday at the world cup.

just seem it. worra is the reserve , so should be going out with the world cup team on wed. then again, with him onlt being a reserve. if he gets injured, there is plenty more average riders to fill the gap.like cook etc.

Bandits website seem to think Worrell will ride for Ipswich despite being reserve for WTC.

Will they not just use Stevie -- who would know?

Just because Edinburgh get away with using Richie disguised as Stevie, doesn't mean it will work the other way :)

• Like 2

Where is this fable about Richie Worrall being missing coming from?

He is listed in Witches' teams logged with BSPA for Thursday and Friday.

Only rider not available for this meeting is Gino Manzares.

it says on witches website richie worall is listed for tomorrows meeting its expected team line ups but anything could change between now at 7.30 tomorrow richie could fly out to poland and meet up with team gb for the race off ?x you never know

so the plot thickens:

In other news, #teamGB & team @EurosportUKTV have made the flight...we're on our way to Poland.

Good afternoon from Stansted. Great Britain's #speedway side all set for Bydgoszcz. Wish them well for Saturday!

@TWoffinden @BomberHarris37 @DannyKingRacing @Simon_Stead @richieworrall Dream big boys and #Believe TEAMGBSPEEDWAY

@richieworrall Richie is riding for Witches tomorrow but not at Somerset on Friday @lewiblack is guesting at OTA

So who's telling the truth.........?