British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

World Cup Final 2nd August 2014

Don't know what all the fuss about Team GB is ,it would not have mattered who they picked or who was in charge it would have been the same result.we are just not good enough and are along way short of being a force in World Speedway again.Nothing will change in the near futureIMO.

• Like 3

After KINGS Lynn Rosco was calling people for telling him to go with the younger end. Well a few youngsters would have done just as well as King and Stead and might have learned something and gained vital experience for the future. Despite his embarrassing posturing all week and those ridiculous remarks about getting a medal, he has achieved nothing. Woffy was OK but not at his very best, Bomber was entertaining but he's past his best. King backed out of every possible confrontation and isn't a hard enough rider for that level and Stead was out of his depth and like King, isn't an international class rider and never will be. Continuing to select any of the bottom three would be a waste.

Edited by foamfence
  • Like 1

Great meeting on a great race track, very entertaining and what a finish. Expected GB to finish 4th so didn't disappoint. They just don't have the hp to compete on big fast tracks. So far behind from the gate against this opposition.

• Like 1

If you really are that thick to suggest its anti Poole then you ain't all there mate. Same set of riders Muddlo got 7th it's fact.

Of course it's anti-poole, every other post you make is anti-poole. You need to take a look at yourself, your paranoid.

• Like 2

Where's the 2015 swc final?

Poland probably !!! :mad:

What vital experience would the youngsters get from trailing at the back? Surely that would be detrimental to their progression just look at Tai after the 2010 season went backwards. While there is all this excitement of of a 'five year plan' I cannot see the BSPA backing it, why would they? Speedway in this country is it on its knees and riding on the continent would surely take away further from the diluted product that is British Speedway. Also would a company really back the national team when the most media covered event in the calender is blanket sponsored by Monster? I cannot see that happening.

Cook and Kennett were available this year but were never picked unlike last year . All course it matters who the managr is as it good to make the final rather than getting beat by the USA and Latvia .

Middlo would never have picked those two this year

If you really are that thick to suggest its anti Poole then you ain't all there mate. Same set of riders Muddlo got 7th it's fact.

Really, ang on then. When Neil was Team GB boss his record. 2003 finalist, 2004, runners up 2005 finalist, 2006 3rd, 2007 finalist. jeez, im breaking into a sweat already,, And we havn't even started on Neils 15 years as Poole Team manager yet !! Jeez, how many Trophies is that? 1,2,6, 10, oh ive lost count, wheres my calculator!! :rofl: So, when dear old Uncle Rosco reaches that level, he'l have something to crow about, in the meantime, i'l stock up on walking frames and Catheters.. because he has a long long way to go, now who's making himself look a fool..All hail the mighty saviour and mr motivator Uncle Rosco... :rofl::rofl:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Bridger has been riding regularly in Poland for 2 years and as I said on another thread shoud have been in the team.[/quote

Thought I read he was injured?

Bridger has been riding regularly in Poland for 2 years and as I said on another thread shoud have been in the team.

yep definately.

What a terrible rule the joker is. Best team unable to utilise it.

I hear next year the joker will be replaced with Rosco's face on the card... :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 3

Back to the meeting,I think if Kolodiuz had kept chasing Ward Iversen would not have be able to pass him, but IMO he went to protect his position on the last lap and scrubbed of some of his speed.Still was a great race from Iversen.

• Like 1

Agree good meeting and a great track,is there some kind of boycott regarding Bydgoscz with the Poles, they like their Speedway you would have thought the place would have been packed out.Strange one.Some edge of the seat racing and a great finish to the meeting.

Sure Phil Rising will fill us in why the crowd was so poor !

Back to the meeting,I think if Kolodiuz had kept chasing Ward Iversen would not have be able to pass him, but IMO he went to protect his position on the last lap and scrubbed of some of his speed.Still was a great race from Iversen.

Thank you for that, as usual the thread was being derailed by the childish arguments between the usual suspects, pathetic.

I agree that once he became aware of Iversen on his tail he dropped to the inside and lost momentum, Iversen has turned out to be a really good rider over the last couple of seasons. He has a really smooth riding style but is always prepared to get out by the fence and wind it on when required.

That last bend pass was sublime, there was probably only one way to pass the Pole and he had it sussed when it mattered.

Great final, better than we could have hoped for after the first 4 heats.....

• Like 1