British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Who Will Make The Playoffs ?

Apart from the obvious yearly arguments about the team finishing top should crowned as league champions we all know that the playoffs are the ultimate deciding factor so who do we think is going to be involved in the final shakeup ?

Personally I think Edinburgh are nailed on to finish top and Somerset are likely to be 2nd , however I believe the other 4 places are not quite so easy to predict .

Here goes with my prediction in current league position order (2-8-14) ,

Edinburgh , nailed on

Somerset , nailed on

Ipswich , only possibly

Scunthorpe , possibly

Newcastle , unlikely

Berwick , very probably

Redcar , unlikely

Peterborough , possibly

Workington , possibly/probably

Glasgow , no chance

Plymouth , no chance

Rye House , no chance

Sheffield , no chance

With a couple of teams having a massive amount of meetings in hand it is going to be difficult to accurately predict but I think the league is taking shape to have a good idea who's goingto be there or thereabouts .

A few permutations to be debated ?

Sheffield , no chance

And thats being optomistic...another season to forget...although I don't blame the promotion one little bit, it just aint happening.

• Like 1

edinburg

somerset

workington

berwick

scunny

pboro

Good Shout - no changes to these for me - except maybe some spelling :cheers:

Edited by northyorksbear
  • Like 1

It all depends who can complete most of their fixtures,what with all the postponements we've had I should imagine a few clubs who may have qualified will fail because they haven't ridden enough meetings!!

And thats being optomistic...another season to forget...although I don't blame the promotion one little bit, it just aint happening.

Snap

• Like 1

I think the vast majority of the Sheffield fans don't blame the Promotion, it was always going to be back to the walls this season with less than half a team signed a month before the start of the season.

It will be interesting to see how they fare next season on a level playing field to the rest of the league.

Ipswich will be one of the 6 . Maybe not because we been good enough for some of the season, but because we have the points on the and will not have to try and play catch up with meetings, plus we have a few meetings coming up that we could easily win. We just haven't been affected with rain offs as bad as some other teams.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

edinburg

somerset

workington

berwick

scunny

pboro

replace Worky with the Witches for me.

Having only ridden 9 PL matches so far, I will be pleasantly surprised if the Comets can make the top six?

About 6/7wks left of the regular league season and 15 matches to put in, and with one of those already outside of the cut off date and the distinct possibility of at least one other to add to that, and as our nxt fixture is not until Thursday, we really are behind the eight ball, it's gonna be a real struggle for us? :sad:

Edited by Lord Lucan

Ipswich will be one of the 6 . Maybe not because we been good enough for some of the season, but because we have the points on the and will not have to try and play catch up with meetings, plus we have a few meetings coming up that we could easily win. We just haven't been affected with rain offs as bad as some other teams.

I think there is a fair chance Newcastle might make it because of this.

Must admit I haven't actually clocked the cut off date , what is it ?

Usually around the middle of September , but with many clubs facing a huge backlog of fixtures - who can tell

When they make up their minds. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

When the Comets match away at Somerset was arranged for the 12th Sept I'm sure it said that was the only date they had left before the regular season in the PL was supposed to end so I've always gone off that date?

According to our opening fixture list, the first weekend of play off matches was to start on the 13th Sept but since then we have rearranged a rain off for the 13th v Sheffield and still have the other tie with them to sort out, that is being touted now as a possible dble header with any play off ties for us being put back til the 20th, dont know how that affects anyone else as most have played far more matches than we have and aren't struggling to complete quite as much as we are?

With all the postponements I would chance that the 20th would be the last opportunity allowed for qualification tho I wouldn't wipe out the 12th Sept being maintained by the SCB to be the cut off to qualify no matter how many matches your short and I'm sure that has happened before? :o