British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Who Will Make The Playoffs ?

Edinburgh need all 9 points at home and at least one at Ashfield to be top. somerset will get 3 at home to worky to be at least 2nd. Worky need 6 vs Sheffield x2 and then hope they get something away and that Pete don`t at Plymouth or it comes down to points difference with Worky just fav to get spot 6.

Newc need 4 points at armadale which won`t happen so i have discounted them.

edi pick worky first, Rebels might take berwick. edi get Scunny and ippo go to the rebels by default (neither of top 2 will pick them willingly)

Then it`s all to play for. 2 big home wins for Monarchs and win at DP would be nice to get thru with Rebels winning BIg at home and pinching a point at Berwick, setting up a repeat of last years grand Final.

THEN......redemption for Jozsef, and I can take my blue and gold specs off.

In the words of Sergei.......SIMPLES

Edinburgh need all 9 points at home and at least one at Ashfield to be top. somerset will get 3 at home to worky to be at least 2nd. Worky need 6 vs Sheffield x2 and then hope they get something away and that Pete don`t at Plymouth or it comes down to points difference with Worky just fav to get spot 6.

Newc need 4 points at armadale which won`t happen so i have discounted them.

edi pick worky first, Rebels might take berwick. edi get Scunny and ippo go to the rebels by default (neither of top 2 will pick them willingly)

Then it`s all to play for. 2 big home wins for Monarchs and win at DP would be nice to get thru with Rebels winning BIg at home and pinching a point at Berwick, setting up a repeat of last years grand Final.

THEN......redemption for Jozsef, and I can take my blue and gold specs off.

In the words of Sergei.......SIMPLES

:shock: :shock: ALEKSANDR :mad: :mad:

;)

Agree with a lot of what you say, but I think Edinburgh will go with Berwick first rather than Workington should they sneak into the last place... However, it seems at the moment that neither Workington or Peterborough want that sixth place so it may be Newcastle after all!!!!

Wouldn't fancy Ippo in our group so hope we can top the list at the cut-off and leave that hot potato for Somerset!!

Agree Scots, though I take small issue with Kev; in that I think Monarchs are more likely to win at DP than Shielfield, and in an ideal world i`d like both in our group, but doubt the Rebels would be happy with ippo and the scorps.......still you never know.

The one concern with picking Worky and the badnits, is that the latter could romp home at DP also.....

Need to hope Peterborough finish ahead of Worky so that I can get to see it!!

Peterborough are certainly not the team that busted our unbeaten record.

We don't have a prayer of reaching the play offs, IMO Newcastle will still hold that place come the end of the league fixtures.

We don't have a prayer of reaching the play offs, IMO Newcastle will still hold that place come the end of the league fixtures.

Workington will overtake us after they have raced their Double-header at home to Sheffield. We won't get anything at Edinburgh.

• Like 2

Unless the weather steps in I don't expect Newcy to hold on to 6th place.

Panthers deffo need to beat Worky tomorrow and pick up the 3 home wins by Sunday to get to 39 points which would make it all very interesting.

Probably won't pick up a point at Plymouth but you never know.

Worky are unlikely to get anything from the away trips to Berwick and Somerset so they need to get 6 points from their double header with Sheffield to also get to 39 points.

But it has been know to rain in the north west!!

To do so Newcastle would have to go to Edinburgh and get a full 4pt win, which is unlikely.

Certainly looks like mother nature will have a big say.

Happy that the Witches wont be top 2.

Those with a pick will have the extra pressure of having said they believe they have a better chance of beating those chosen than the others.

If the Panthers dont make it or are picked first then it will be a couple of long treks for the Witches whoever they get.

So long as the cut off date isnt put back - that would p me off big time.

There is also the concern of three Friday tracks, plus (if Worky get in) two Saturday tracks in the mix.

Would it be the case that if (say) Edinburgh chose Scunny in their wee league, they'd also maintain priority of race-night?

Ditto if Berwick and Worky are chosen in same group, will Berwick keep their Saturday through seniority?

There is also the concern of three Friday tracks, plus (if Worky get in) two Saturday tracks in the mix.

Would it be the case that if (say) Edinburgh chose Scunny in their wee league, they'd also maintain priority of race-night?

Ditto if Berwick and Worky are chosen in same group, will Berwick keep their Saturday through seniority?

one of the reserved dates in the Witches fixture list for the play offs is a Saturday!!

There is also the concern of three Friday tracks, plus (if Worky get in) two Saturday tracks in the mix.Would it be the case that if (say) Edinburgh chose Scunny in their wee league, they'd also maintain priority of race-night?Ditto if Berwick and Worky are chosen in same group, will Berwick keep their Saturday through seniority?

Berwick have 6 dates available for the Play -offs before the end of the season, so that should be ok unless weather intervenes.

Berwick have 6 dates available for the Play -offs before the end of the season, so that should be ok unless weather intervenes.

Exactly, and if things go against Berwick they might only need two of those Saturdays, also if Workington and Berwick end up in the same group it seems Workington are able to move to an alternative night reasonably easily.