British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Who Will Make The Playoffs ?

Can't see beyond Somerset or Edinburgh really, both nigh on untouchable at home but also pick regular points up away, never seem to get mullered.... The other 4 will have to raise their game on the road to get anywhere near them IMO, can't see them being to concerned about facing anyone other than each other barring injurys.

• Like 1

In the mini group its all about producing a top away performance.

Better to lose one 65-25 and win one 49-41 than lose both 50-40.

The top two are there because they have done that more than the rest.

Somerset/Edinburgh final must be odds on.

Most would view Witches/Scunny as potential spoliers and Berwick/Worky as outsiders.

All start level though so its game on!!

In the mini group its all about producing a top away performance.

Better to lose one 65-25 and win one 49-41 than lose both 50-40.

The top two are there because they have done that more than the rest.

Somerset/Edinburgh final must be odds on.

Most would view Witches/Scunny as potential spoliers and Berwick/Worky as outsiders.

All start level though so its game on!!

i see it that way also .... Edinburgh have certainly been very fortunate with injurys ( maybe wrong but can only think of Fox missing a few meetings together) Worky have done well considering they've missed a few riders to scrape in, ippo and scunny are hit and miss and can drop points at home, Berwick can drop points at home and don't have Kus at reserve, Somerset are strong all round and with their averages being so high they can book the best guests to cover anyone, even the reserves.... So I will go for Somerset, but as you say level playing field again and anything could happen.

I'd like to see whoever finishes top won the playoffs though.

Somerset would be my favourite so long as they make the final as I feel they have the biggest home advantage which will be more important in a 2 leg tie.

Difficult to disagree with the sentiment that it would be fitting for the top team to win it.

I suppose that the only points that could detract from that are the uneven fixture list and the crazy scramble to fit in matches with it seems little regard for the result in some cases!

Cant see past Somerset & Edinburgh for top two in each group, but I`d be wary of Scunthorpe as they are capable of winning away. As for Berwick, they seem to be running out of steam at the wrong time, hopefully they will get that back. Biggest problem might be is that they appear to have lost their scoring power from reserve.

Somerset would be my favourite so long as they make the final as I feel they have the biggest home advantage which will be more important in a 2 leg tie.

Difficult to disagree with the sentiment that it would be fitting for the top team to win it.

I suppose that the only points that could detract from that are the uneven fixture list and the crazy scramble to fit in matches with it seems little regard for the result in some cases!

I think Edinburgh have the better Home Advantage,Scunny or Ipswich May cause a surprise depending on groups.

Cant see past Somerset & Edinburgh for top two in each group, but I`d be wary of Scunthorpe as they are capable of winning away. As for Berwick, they seem to be running out of steam at the wrong time, hopefully they will get that back. Biggest problem might be is that they appear to have lost their scoring power from reserve.

You need a good reserve but you need your Heat Leaders to be consistent home and away which is where Berwick can be weak.IMO

Speedway is that daft Worky will probably win it lol

Now i know you truly are Nutz

Somerset or Dukes of Edinburgh, did think Scunny but the go and get hammered at Rye House ("we are not afraid of anyone"), maybe they are saving themselves for the Play offs.

Cant see Worky getting past the 1st leg .

Scunthorpe`s fortunes may depend on the results of Ashley Birks x-rays following his accident at Rye House last night, though they will get the guest facility should he miss any meetings.

• Like 1

Anyone know when the picking of the groups is happening by any chance ?

I would guess phone calls have already been made to sort out fixtures, but I suppose officially the choices will take place after todays meetings are over.

Speedway is that daft Worky will probably win it lol

I like that AF, always said it's only a 6 match season for the Championship so anything can happen if you save your best til last!! :t:

• Like 1

Could Edinburgh pick Somerset? Get them out the way and have an almost guaranteed play off final win.

Could Edinburgh pick Somerset? Get them out the way and have an almost guaranteed play off final win.

No, first and second have to pick from 3 til 6, it's their prize for being the best two teams in the regular season? :D

• Like 1

no they cant under current rules but perhaps the top team should be able to in future.