British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Scunthorpe Scorpions Pl Mon 4th August 2014 @7-15pm

surprised that no one has mentioned heat 15!

I think there may have been a protest or two had the result not already been decided by then!

Poor refereeing from the Dishcloth. Instead of waiting till things were getting out of hand with riders delaying the start he should have nipped it in the bud early on by warning all riders then excluding the piss takers. Scunny riders were warned 4 times for jumping the start.

In ht15 I think the ref got frustrated with how long it took for the riders to line up, he put the green light on for a split second and sent the tapes up. Klindt wasn't ready, remained stationary and presumably was excluded for failing to race, though got his just desserts.

Firstly congrats to the Tigers on their win, richly deserved and also their fans who made the few of us who made the 520 mile round trip very welcome.

Tigers were clearly very determined and we, apart from those already mentioned, were not even at the races. A potential 8-1 for us turned into a 3-2 against, was the last chance to get back into the match, from then on any chance of points was gone. Final nail in the coffin a farcical heat 15, from a Referee who penalised us every time the rider anticipated the tapes going up. Tape rules and inconsistent Refs need addressing by the Management committee because the paying public and riders are being robbed.

We had 4 hours drive home to discuss our bitter disappointment dissecting every heat. I am sure Rob also could not wait to get away from Glasgow and quickly move on , so it seemed the speed he passed us at just before Southwaite Services. Time to regroup, refocus and try to maintain a top 6 position at the cut off date. On last nights performance we have much to do. :cry:

• Like 2

In ht15 I think the ref got frustrated with how long it took for the riders to line up, he put the green light on for a split second and sent the tapes up. Klindt wasn't ready, remained stationary and presumably was excluded for failing to race, though got his just desserts.

I thought Klindt was distracted by the fact that Wolbert didn't move (having blown up). There was no real reason to stop it except that with the result decided it would have been better to see a proper race. It certainly qualified as an unsatisfactory start.

• Like 2

Perhaps the referee was aware that two of the Scorpions have the reputation of being the worst (or best!) "rollers" in the league.

Just desserts.

Poor refereeing from the Dishcloth. Instead of waiting till things were getting out of hand with riders delaying the start he should have nipped it in the bud early on by warning all riders then excluding the piss takers. Scunny riders were warned 4 times for jumping the start.

I thought Klindt was distracted by the fact that Wolbert didn't move (having blown up). There was no real reason to stop it except that with the result decided it would have been better to see a proper race. It certainly qualified as an unsatisfactory start.

Klindts exc!usion was simple.....he had been lapped by Rusty before he started!

Fully agree on the unsatisfactory starts, they should have been stamped down on much earlier. I had thought 5 were warned, thought at one stage they were trying to get one warning each! Don't referees normally have a word in the team managers ears after a couple?

No one seems to have mentioned though that one of the track staff actually showed the red flag at the end of the first lap, if being totally objective I would say that would be a pretty good reason for a re run especially as Douglas slowed down at it. The referee seemed to miss that too. He seems to miss rather a lot

• Like 1

I know people on here will be the first to correct me, but in my opinion very rarely do Scunny fans have a bad word to say about Rob or the team. OK, Williamson may not be the best reserve, but at home is never far off the pace. Ash Birks is usually in the points and trying his best. Rob is 100% Scunny,always entertaining on the mic, and most weeks the racing is excellent. When I read some of the abuse supporters give their own teams, Scunny are doing fine by me.

I would agree Scunny is a well run club and Godfrey has speedway at heart.Brilliant race track and entertaining.
  • Like 3

the Refs are too Inconsistant with this delaying the start lark.Tell the Team Managers before the meeting what he expects, exclude the 1st gardener and things will settle down.
  • Like 1

I would agree Scunny is a well run club and Godfrey has speedway at heart.Brilliant race track and entertaining.

No one could argue with that !

Just gutting for Scunny fans that this team has so many good qualities but just cannot put a performance together away from EWR/Owlerton/EoES !

No one could argue with that !

Just gutting for Scunny fans that this team has so many good qualities but just cannot put a performance together away from EWR/Owlerton/EoES !

It's a good team on paper but like you say they can't get all the riders to perform on the same day,really Glasgow are there for the taking and you got stuffed.Thats Speedway though.

It's a good team on paper but like you say they can't get all the riders to perform on the same day,really Glasgow are there for the taking and you got stuffed.Thats Speedway though.

We are since the Promotion decided to weaken us even further with there strange signing policy.

• Like 1

No one seems to have mentioned though that one of the track staff actually showed the red flag at the end of the first lap, if being totally objective I would say that would be a pretty good reason for a re run especially as Douglas slowed down at it. The referee seemed to miss that too. He seems to miss rather a lot

Never spotted that. He's not meant to show a flag until the lights come on. Naughty boy

Exactly . Even rider replacement for Henry is about 6 or 7 points better off than bringing in another duff Scandanavian who doesn't look anywhere near PL standard .

Exactly . Even rider replacement for Henry is about 6 or 7 points better off than bringing in another duff Scandanavian who doesn't look anywhere near PL standard .

I think the genuine 6-7 pointer foreigners aren't really interested in British Speedway these days.Better money to be made elsewhere .Watching all the young talent at Berwick u/21 round last year you knew fine that you would not see any in the PL.
  • Like 1

I think the genuine 6-7 pointer foreigners aren't really interested in British Speedway these days.Better money to be made elsewhere .Watching all the young talent at Berwick u/21 round last year you knew fine that you would not see any in the PL.

I think that's probably true . But we seem to get force fed more foreign duds than most