British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Kings Lynn V Poole 14/08/14

who will come out on top in this ..

will the Kings Lynn reserves be the difference ..

what will Benji Compton score on his return to a former club ..

So the Poole 'honest as the day is long' Pirates head to Norfolk this week for the final regular season clash which many will see as a Play Off final rehearsal. Lynn currently 6-3 up in terms of points taken off eachother so far so a narrow Pirates win would square things up and no doubt give them a psychological advantage going into the Play Offs in a month or so. Poole the form team at the moment and they ride Lynn almost as well as their own circuit so will be a tough match for the Stars. Thursdays are a bad night for me personally with work getting in the way so may have to be satisfied with updates.

• Like 1

I hope Buster holds back on preparing one of his "special" tracks until, if we are lucky enough to be there, we meet Poole in the play offs.

As for Thursday night let's hope for a good nights entertainment and the right result for Speedway

• Like 2

As with any meeting featuring the BSPA favoured Poole team mon the Stars.

I cant' see the point anymore, Like PMP sez After what has happened this pass week, I ask, what's the point. I suggest that we let Poole win by a big score, probably field a NL side, so Matt Ford can go home happy in the knowledge that they are the top team now , so he won't have to change any more rules, There will be no need to pull in any more favours, He wont have to look or make any more loop holes. His job is done. Like all the years prior, he has singly handed destroyed the whole integrity of the season, just so he can be a winner.

That must make him the saddest person in the world.....

It was drilled into me from an early age; If you can't play to the rules, than don't play at all......

• Like 3

What have I missed? What has Matt Ford done in the last week?

• Like 2

What have I missed? What has Matt Ford done in the last week?

Fiddled Benji Compton in at number seven, there are several pages on the subject in the Poole 2014 thread.

Regardless of who wins the Play Offs now it feels like the shine had been taken off the EL season by this goalpost moving, ultimately it's the sport that suffers.

• Like 2

Fiddled Benji Compton in at number seven, there are several pages on the subject in the Poole 2014 thread.

Regardless of who wins the Play Offs now it feels like the shine had been taken off the EL season by this goalpost moving, ultimately it's the sport that suffers.

Poole moving the goalposts was almost expected before the end of the season , but why would any team be worried by the presence of Benji Compton ? :unsure:

• Like 3

Poole moving the goalposts was almost expected before the end of the season , but why would any team be worried by the presence of Benji Compton ? :unsure:

I think the way things have been conducted that has boiled peoples piss.

I think the way things have been conducted that has boiled peoples piss.

Come on , we all know the sport is corrupt as hell and self interest is the order of the day . So why folk continue to get upset about it instead of giving up like thousands of others , is beyond me .

Does anyone really think that having Benji Compton at reserve is suddenly giving Poole some sort of huge advantage ? It's not exactly up there with the Belle Vue meeting last year in terms of a carve up now .

• Like 1

Poole will be looking to win this one. The league title will feel much more attainable for Poole if they pull off the win. As always hoping for a 0 from Benji.

Come on , we all know the sport is corrupt as hell and self interest is the order of the day . So why folk continue to get upset about it instead of giving up like thousands of others , is beyond me .

Does anyone really think that having Benji Compton at reserve is suddenly giving Poole some sort of huge advantage ? It's not exactly up there with the Belle Vue meeting last year in terms of a carve up now .

I don't get upset I just laugh my head off as its Speedway nothing is serious its all one big joke as far as I am concerned I gave up being serious about it a long time ago.