British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Kings Lynn V Poole 14/08/14

Best team won on the night, no excuses, Poole favourites for the league as expected, Sky will be pleased.

Some great racing along the way, heat 13 was immense.

I don't think the Stars will let their lead go easily, worked too hard for it, roll on the next one .....

• Like 1

If Matt Fraud has pulled a stroke, is he the one to blame or should the blame lay firmly at the door of those who allow him to pull the stroke ?

Both. Which is why I go to no speedway, as they're all equally as bad for allowing it to happen.

KB should probably be scoring more than eight but to be fair to him the three in the middle order probably cost us the meeting if you want to point fingers, all have performed much better than that this season.

Expect the whole side to be much sharper than that at Play Off time.

Schlein doesn't profess to be GP standard, the Danish dwarf does.

Don't let us down :P

i personally have no reason to praise matt ford, but you have to admire the man..greg hancock last year, top end or bottom end, the man doesnt let up in succeeding. who wouldn want a promoter like that?

• Like 2

Well Done to Poole tonight - they out-rode us and certainly out-gated us! From heat 6 onwards it was Pirates hitting the first bend in front nearly every heat!!

This did produce some great racing however as the Stars had to earn their points - trouble was ,didn't do it often enough :/

Pretty poor from the Stars tbh - none of the top 5 rode to their average but every one of the Pirates did. Just hope its due to not riding at home for a month rather than a general loss of form....

Even the Lewises were outdone at reserve with Newman managing to beat a top5 rider.

Poole have certainly clicked into form at the right time - Lynn need to sort themselves out a bit - and definitely get in some gating practice!!!

• Like 2

Everyone had the same opportunity at the same time as Poole. MF just acted more quickly.......... again!! :t:

What a genius, replaced a non scoring local lad with a non scoring Journeyman.

• Like 3

The start of the meeting was delayed, so that people queing could get in. "people stop going" ?????

They were queuing in the cars although up to the A47! So I guess not everyone has been put off from going.

I wasn't. Glad I did make a rare visit to PE34.

Heat 13 was a bit special. Terrific team-riding from Darcy with Iversen all over his and Janowski's tail. Nothing in it. Iversen pulls off a stunning move to go between the pair of them at end of lap 3. You think that's it, but Darcy just stretches his arms coming out of next bend and p*sses past Iversen like he's an ageing granny.

At his best, Darcy is just brilliant. Today was one of those days. His awareness and general team-riding abilities are second to none. Even when he first came over as a 16 year-old, his awareness was miles ahead of anyone his age, and it has just got even better.

The differences in the 2 teams was, for me, highlighted in heat 11. Bjerre had gated, and you expected Ward to start to chase him down. But he doesn't. He looks around, and selflessly decides to look after his team partner instead. He spends the rest of the race shepherding Grajczonek home. Schlein, on the other hand, seemingly gives up on the final lap and coasts over the line at 3 mph.

It wasn't just the Darcy show though. After a slow start when both Janowski and Harris were caught out by riding too defensively, the Poole 1-6 just upped a gear. They were rocketing out of the starts time and time again. When you're convincingly out-gated by Harris, you know it's pretty bad!

Janowski was excellent once he figured out kerb-crawling was not the way to go.

Harris excellent value after a dreadful opener.

Grajczonek very solid after his tough first ride.

Milik rode really well, and Newman was equally as impressive - especially in the first half of the meeting, but tried some adventurous moves towards the end of the meeting which didn't really pan out for him, but still did his job.

I do think Semion is right. I don't think Poole will see this track again this year. If King's Lynn perform like this again, they may not even get to the Play-Off Final. (And if they do, one suspects Buster may find some more shale to whack on there! Which would be a shame as the track tonight provided some excellent racing. A slicker KL surface often does.)

Porsing and Lambert are great talents, but just get the feeling that when push comes to shove, they may vanish when up against the big boys, like they did today, although Lambert didn't do too badly in all fairness.

Porsing, on the other hand, was completly unconvincing, despite a cracking race with Rose in heat 7!

With just 2 more home meetings to go, just don't feel that King's Lynn are on it at the moment. No matter how great the early season form is, it counts for nothing in October, and looks like Poole are the form team, and carrying the momentum at the right time...

Edited by MrMungo
  • Like 3

are they walking away because of alleged cheating...........

I know two who have.

I really don't think fans say I am not going to Speedway because of Matt Ford

See answer above.

Edited by Barney Rabbit

No matter how great the early season form is, it counts for nothing in October, and looks like Poole are the form team, and carrying the momentum at the right time...

Indeed, some of us could see this coming back in May and it's no surprise really. Very difficult to be sh!t hot all season, much better to start slowly and burst into form during August.

Lynn still have three home matches left; Eastbourne, Swindon & Lakeside. Need to take nine points from those matches really to get the confidence and belief back up to where it was on home soil. Coventry, Eastbourne, Leicester, Belle Vue and Swindon left away so plenty of opportunity for more away points and some better form to be found. For me whoever meets Poole in the final will need to be completely on song and firing to beat them.

4. There are crisis going on in the world and to think some members are throwing a fit about a rider who cant score point unless gifted it is quite frankly ridiculous.

You could equally say a poster berating the World Champion for not scoring as much in the UK as he does abroad is quite frankly ridiculous.

Like you say, there are bigger things going on in the World.

..... but is he ranked below 24. ;)

Mod Note : Juvenile name calling removed

Steve this has nothing to do about Tai. The fact is a rider has been replaced at Poole for scoring 0 by another rider who scored 0.

You missed the point lol.

People carping on about Compton is just as ridiculous as people carping on about Woffinden, n'est-ce pas?

• Like 1

TO all the blue tinted ones on here , ford is not the promoting messiah you all think he is ...............

He couldnt promote the poole national league team , infact he just gave it up saying ..not viable financially

so you see if he was as good as you profess AND if he was as good as you say he is,, NL should be a piece of cake, others have succeeded!!!

Poole are and have been a successful club with big names , that makes it easier to promote ,

i also hear some say he goes to schools to promote yet the last time i heard it was about 8 or so years ago

just this term horton has been promoting as tesco, toys r us , the coventry motobike show and the local childern hospital to name 4 so far this year ....

King's Lynn won at Poole so that makes them even

Brilliant for King's Lynn to have a 19 meeting unbeaten record in the league, no other team can say that. They are still my favourites for the title

betfair have Poole as favourites for the title now as all bookies did at the start of the season, haven't seen a broke bookie yet, still anything can happen

A very good win by Poole, but it's a shame about the tainted promoter.

• Like 2

I see tha once again a Kings Lynn meeting had the start delayed to allow "late coming" fans time to get in. This really annoys me and shows no respect to those that bothered to get there on time.People should get there on time and, Kings Lynn should have suficient entrance staff to avoid such situations .

• Like 3