British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markyb

General "elite" League Farce !

Same as every other year, but his seems worse this year

Sick to death of 'RR' , guests and those due to dodgy sick notes etc, double points rides, manipulation of rules on fast track riders.

The sport needs to sort itself out real soon.

It would be great for a set of rules to in in place for the next season, before the existing season

Is complete.

Would like to know what happens to those fast track riders who have done exceedingly well this year

for next year. The lesser ones will no doubt be eligible to ride as fast track - but what happens to the likes of Jason Garrity Deserves to be part of the set up in the Elite league based on his Coventry performances, but looking at those of premier league, he is just an ordinary rider.

He thrives on the "big" meetings and well done to the kid for that (sometimes his performances and effort are worthy of admission money alone!)

I'm just a 50 something supporter who started attending big time in '76 when Olsen joined Coventry.

I know those times ain't gonna return, but keen for some kind of decency to come back.

Too many "voices" and no real direction from the hierarchy.

Was so impressed the other week of Rosco and Scotty on Eurosport ( World Cup race off meeting ) where they appeared to be challenging the BSPA on certain areas.

Shows to me the people who should be running British speedway are those who ridden and have a passion, not the money men who keen on making a few bucks out of us, the supporters.

I'm living in cloud cuckoo land I fear.

Happy days !

Same as every other year, but his seems worse this year

Sick to death of 'RR' , guests and those due to dodgy sick notes etc, double points rides, manipulation of rules on fast track riders.

The sport needs to sort itself out real soon.

It would be great for a set of rules to in in place for the next season, before the existing season

Is complete.

Would like to know what happens to those fast track riders who have done exceedingly well this year

for next year. The lesser ones will no doubt be eligible to ride as fast track - but what happens to the likes of Jason Garrity Deserves to be part of the set up in the Elite league based on his Coventry performances, but looking at those of premier league, he is just an ordinary rider.

He thrives on the "big" meetings and well done to the kid for that (sometimes his performances and effort are worthy of admission money alone!)

I'm just a 50 something supporter who started attending big time in '76 when Olsen joined Coventry.

I know those times ain't gonna return, but keen for some kind of decency to come back.

Too many "voices" and no real direction from the hierarchy.

Was so impressed the other week of Rosco and Scotty on Eurosport ( World Cup race off meeting ) where they appeared to be challenging the BSPA on certain areas.

Shows to me the people who should be running British speedway are those who ridden and have a passion, not the money men who keen on making a few bucks out of us, the supporters.

I'm living in cloud cuckoo land I fear.

Happy days !

I am afraid you are. With the easy accessibility of the Internet every small and large thing that happens immediately becomes "public domain", things like this happened in the "old days", but of course really all the public rarely got to hear about it. As for promoters making money on the backs of the customer, look at Birmingham if you want to see what not making money brings forth. When I first went to Speedway in the sixties it was quote "dying on its feet", it still seems to be here, but yes it is a different product these days Well Happy memories anyway.

• Like 1

Yes I think we all have very happy memories of those days. Will they ever come back I hope so but very much doubt it.

It does need changes on the way things are done in the sport. The BPSA should be made up of riders and a few reps of the promoters to sit in the side lines to air thier views.

This year has been a total disaster as far as planning the leagues go. Far to many RR and guest riders with teams made up of any Tom Dick or Harry on a weekly basis.

Pl getting prority for thier riders if the EL race on the same night. FST reserves who should not be there who should have been given a place in the main riders. It has given teams an un-fair advantage with 6 or 7 riders in the FTR scheme who are well above the standard of reserve places.

I hope they get thier act together at the next AGM before would be a good idea. Shame the supporters don,t get a say in who should be running things. Becuase there would be some very sad faces amomunst the ones that are there now, if that was the case.

Roll on 2015, but we all said that last year and look what that brought along.

I am afraid you are. With the easy accessibility of the Internet every small and large thing that happens immediately becomes "public domain", things like this happened in the "old days", but of course really all the public rarely got to hear about it. As for promoters making money on the backs of the customer, look at Birmingham if you want to see what not making money brings forth. When I first went to Speedway in the sixties it was quote "dying on its feet", it still seems to be here, but yes it is a different product these days Well Happy memories anyway.

So why do Horton and his mate Watson do it ? Not because they get a buzz from it surely. do they really give a damn about speedway - not sure they do, if so, let them tell us how. Mr Watson is a regular contributor to the forum when all is good, but tends to lie in the wilderness when anybody tries to question them. Come on Watson/Horton what is your passion - the sport or the money ?

From

So why do Horton and his mate Watson do it ? Not because they get a buzz from it surely. do they really give a damn about speedway - not sure they do, if so, let them tell us how. Mr Watson is a regular contributor to the forum when all is good, but tends to lie in the wilderness when anybody tries to question them. Come on Watson/Horton what is your passion - the sport or the money ?

From

if you really think promoters are in it for rich rewards, you are seriously misguided.

• Like 3

Don't know about Neil Watson but Mick Horton was at Leicester on Saturday night watching the Wolverhampton match so with Beaumont Park's reputation for boring racing he must be keen on the sport. :lol: (Must add that there was actually some good racing for a change.)

I seriously doubt that many promoters are making much if any money out of the sport. Most (and maybe all) are involved due to the love of the sport but it is a business and as with any business the sport needs to make a profit, which clearly isn't the case at a fair few tracks. Birmingham being the obvious and unfortunate example.

• Like 2

I doubt many if any make any money from promoting speedway. Horton runs 3 teams so he obviously is a fan. Yes he makes mistakes occasionally but no one can deny his passion. He just needs to rearrange these fixtures, a double header will help!

Phillips was an idiot, thinking you can make money out of speedway, its a rich mans hobby, theres just not enough rich men or women about.

And those they have they hound out because they dare to want the same rules for everyone.

• Like 9

Phillips was an idiot, thinking you can make money out of speedway, its a rich mans hobby, theres just not enough rich men or women about.

The danger with it being a rich man's hobby and a man expecting to lose money, is he can wake up one morning and think 'why am I doing this, the fans are on my back and I am losing a shed load', then he 'takes his ball away'. For some, I would imagine, the costs can be absorbed as a trading loss with another of their enterprises, but personally, I believe all promoters, should and deserve, at the very least, break even. With the expectation that you start the season expecting to make a loss, sounds unhealthy to me, for all concerned.

• Like 1

bspa have messed british speedway up too many rule changes/manipulating/fiddling , it lost credibility with a lot of fans

its saviour would be a major revamp with an independent body and a major sponsor

• Like 4

I would be surprised if many or any make any money out of Speedway. I also doubt that many if any have suffered any serious personal financial losses either,

• Like 1