British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside V Belle Vue 15/8/14

tomorrow sees lakeside make another attempt to stage a home fixture for the first time in nearly a month. a very weak aces team provide the opposition in yet another elite league farce. the weather forecast is dodgy, no surprise there then!

• Like 1

Poole's Josh G guests for Belle Vue!!

Yep. Josh for zagar and Robbo for cook

tomorrow sees lakeside make another attempt to stage a home fixture for the first time in nearly a month. a very weak aces team provide the opposition in yet another elite league farce. the weather forecast is dodgy, no surprise there then!

Again this is a problem with weekend fixtures. It's time all el tracks have to race on 1 night a week. Preferably monday

Belle vue did try and get the fixture changed but lakeside wouldn't co-operate

Yep. Josh for zagar and Robbo for cook

Again this is a problem with weekend fixtures. It's time all el tracks have to race on 1 night a week. Preferably monday

Belle vue did try and get the fixture changed but lakeside wouldn't co-operate

Handy - your lot will not have to change race nights!

In reality however, with Poland on a Sunday and Sweden Tuesday - Monday would seem not to be the perfect choice.

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 1

Monday is not good for riders for the reason you give.

Belle Vue want to change to Friday at the new track because they will have a better chance of parents allowing their children to attend and because they won't be competing with a sky match nearly every week.

There may be insurmountable difficulties but that is now both Lakeside and Covent who have refused to change dates when they have known we would have a weakened team.

Just the three guests then...

one replacing a top ten rider in the world...

and yet even with this situation crowds appear to be on a downward spiral nationally...????

some people are so hard to please aren't they?

• Like 2

Handy - your lot will not have to change race nights!

In reality however, with Poland on a Sunday and Sweden Tuesday - Monday would seem not to be the perfect choice.

Not arsed about it suiting me or belle vue but sky meetings are 90% of the time on a Monday meaning all teams can ride at there stadium on a monday

There may be insurmountable difficulties but that is now both Lakeside and Covent who have refused to change dates when they have known we would have a weakened team.

TBF, they shouldnt have to. The fixtures should never be agreed in the first place - and I said the same when Coventry cancelled a meeting because they had riding missing in the last few weeks.

Monday is not good for riders for the reason you give.

Belle Vue want to change to Friday at the new track because they will have a better chance of parents allowing their children to attend and because they won't be competing with a sky match nearly every week.

But surely Belle Vue knew they would have a weakened team when they submitted their dates at the start of the season. They knew Cook has PL commitments every Friday and they knew Zagar was in a GP this week-end. Don't know the situation with Cov, but with the rain off's Lakeside have no more available dates. .

Edited by E I Addio

Lakeside hosting Poole twice in a week - Mon 1st and Fri 5th September!!!

But surely Belle Vue knew they would have a weakened team when they submitted their dates at the start of the season. They knew Cook has PL commitments every Friday and they knew Zagar was in a GP this week-end. Don't know the situation with Cov, but with the rain off's Lakeside have no more available dates. .

I don't know what the situation is with Lakeside but with the Coventry match the Aces were trying to get the date changed for months before the match but Coventry wouldn't play ball.

I take the point about not accepting the fixture list in the first place but that isn't how it works. If every club refused to accept it until they had rearranged every match they wanted to we would probably still be waiting for the list now.

Some clubs may prefer to meet a weakened side, although with the Aces away form it hardly matters.😂

Edited by Aces51

Well if Lakeside did complain about the strength of the Aces side which I don't think is the case they would not have much of a leg to stand on having already been prepared to throw certain away fixtures under the bus themselves.

Three guests is pretty par for the course this season which is the main reason crowds are down and not because one club is playing hot potatoe with one of their fast track positions.

Well if Lakeside did complain about the strength of the Aces side which I don't think is the case they would not have much of a leg to stand on having already been prepared to throw certain away fixtures under the bus themselves.

Three guests is pretty par for the course this season which is the main reason crowds are down and not because one club is playing hot potatoe with one of their fast track positions.

I don't know what the situation is with Lakeside but with the Coventry match the Aces were trying to get the date changed for months before the match but Coventry wouldn't play ball.

I take the point about not accepting the fixture list in the first place but that isn't how it works. If every club refused to accept it until they had rearranged every match they wanted to we would probably still be waiting for the list now.

Some clubs may prefer to meet a weakened side, although with the Aces away form it hardly matters.

All I would say is that all the teams with GP riders have been accommodated at Lakeside on non GP weekends so I doubt they would try to make an exception for BV who they should expect to beat even with Zagar.. The absence of Zagar is going to knock a few dozen off the gate and hit the takings so I guess they would want Zagar in if they could. He has had some stunning meetings at Lakeside , especially in his Swindon days and is probably one of the very few , apart from Darcy whose presence can increase the crowd.

• Like 1

4.30pm HERE AT TRACK:

Bone dry - meeting definitely ON unless weather changes dramatically. 8pm start.