British Speedway Forum

I'd gladly take Kennett for a rider that cheated the Rye fans for most of last year. Now that the Rockets have a new promoter there could be some business to be done

Kennett actually did cheat and disappoint the bees fans

Kennett actually did cheat and disappoint the bees fans

One of the worst thing a rider can do is cheat the fans by not trying. Garrity is guilty as charged Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

One of the worst thing a rider can do is cheat the fans by not trying. Garrity is guilty as charged

You obviously seen him alot more than I did last season, but I think it was the first time you lot came to visit the OTA last year - Garrity's performance that night must go down as one of the worst performances at our place all season.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

Kennett is a coventry asset although think most of us bees fans would gladly trade him for Garrity

Give Garrity time he'll soon upset you when he sets his sights on a better deal elsewhere, did it at Belle Vue and repeated it at Rye. You'll get a clue when he starts sulking, don't seem bothered and turns up with rubbish equipment

Possible future in the elite league??

Lets hope not

You obviously seen him alot more than I did last season, but I think it was the first time you lot came to visit the OTA last year - Garrity's performance that night must go down as one of the worst performances at our place all season.

What stuck in my throat was the fact that he would be flying for Coventry on the telly then the next night with Rye was giving up because he didn't gate, plus turning up with kit that wouldn't have got him points at NL level. Real waster completely dishonourable, if he was man enough to front up with Silver rather than act like a kid he could have gone. You have to wonder if there was an outside influence in his ear.

Have to say that when he left BV there were a few aces fans saying wait til you see the other side of him.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt early on as he was recovering from a broken leg, but as Westhamboy mentions in his post, Garrity would be flying for Coventry, then looked like he couldn't be bothered for us. He did pick up a little right at the end of our sorry season, but didn't do enough to endear him to Rockets fans. Edited by Shads

I'm not sure when that was but he did have a meeting at Birmingham for Coventry where he failed to score from 3 rides in April. In fact I don't think he finished a race that night. As the season when on he got better and better for Coventry. Initially he was scoring big just by beating the other reserves but in the last few months of the season he was beating most second strings too - his scoring for Rye House followed a similar pattern. I'm not convinced his scoring was as poor as some Rye House fans think - compare his EL and PL scores to Kyle Newman and they match quite well in both leagues. Both got better as the season progressed in both leagues.

Think he may be a victim of believing his own hype to an extent. As you've stated SCB he had a very similar season to Kyle Newman. As a fan solely interested in watching racing and none of the off track politics etc you'd take Garrity over Newman any day because when he can be bothered he is spectacular and a racer. As a fan who wants a model professional and a team man you'd take Newman however.

If I'd been asked 12 months ago which rider will go further out of the two I'd say Garrity without a doubt, now I'd swing my opinion in the other direction, purely because Newman seems a lot more professional and less likely to throw a wobbly.

If I'd been asked 12 months ago which rider will go further out of the two I'd say Garrity without a doubt, now I'd swing my opinion in the other direction, purely because Newman seems a lot more professional and less likely to throw a wobbly.

Or less likely to throw a punch. Jason Garrity had a go at Deek last season, ended up with a very sore face.

And apparently were best mates afterwards. A bit of pantomime fisticuffs is what speedway needs, never did any harm in the 70s and 80s.

• Like 3

And apparently were best mates afterwards. A bit of pantomime fisticuffs is what speedway needs, never did any harm in the 70s and 80s.

It did if Billy Sanders hit you ;)

• Like 2

I was in a pub near Shielfield Park after the Bandits v Rockets meeting last year, with most of the Rockets team. Someone said that Derek Sneddon had just pulled up in the car park, hearing this Garrity rushed outside. Expecting a repeat of the recent Armadale incident I followed him into the car park. Imagine my disappointment when they greeted each other like long lost brothers and walked smiling and laughing into the pub!
  • Like 1

I like Garrity, at least he shows a bit of passion. When I spoke to him early last season, he was doing his own bikes. Think he had some help in the latter part of the season, & his form improved. People also need to remember he was coming back from a serious injury last year.

I like Garrity, at least he shows a bit of passion. When I spoke to him early last season, he was doing his own bikes. Think he had some help in the latter part of the season, & his form improved. People also need to remember he was coming back from a serious injury last year.

People also need to respect the opinions of others who saw not only his poor performances but also his poor attitude towards the Rye House Club right from day one on Press and Practice day.The vast majority of fans understand and are supportive of riders, their injuries and financial struggles that are part of the sport. That said poor attitude has no excuse. I pay my money and have an opinion. Last year was very disappointing most of the riders underperformed but there were two who for me let themselves down badly with their attitude. No one forgot Garrity's injuries and had he not been so disrespectful towards the club and its fans this would have been a factor that was fully accepted. We've moved on getting a proper team man in and most will be satisfied.

• Like 3

Most Rye fans would admit we don't look like a title winning side, I accept that. All I want to see is the riders wearing the colours giving 100%, both on that track and in the pits. If we're beaten by a better side, then fair enough. Of course I'll have a moan, but that's just how I am.

Is that too much to ask?

• Like 5

I was in a pub near Shielfield Park after the Bandits v Rockets meeting last year, with most of the Rockets team. Someone said that Derek Sneddon had just pulled up in the car park, hearing this Garrity rushed outside. Expecting a repeat of the recent Armadale incident I followed him into the car park. Imagine my disappointment when they greeted each other like long lost brothers and walked smiling and laughing into the pub!

Is there no end to the talents of Shads

Master Chef

Pie Munching Champion

And now

Bodyguard.