British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hampshire3321

Torun Sgp 2014 (inc Sunday)

Torun stadium looks a great place and the racing was superb.Tai seemed happy enough. The only down side was Pearson who constantly apologised I'm sure sometimes he apologises just in case.

Peterborough aside, Like other comments if only we had speedway stadiums like this one instead of trick tracks.

Well done Greg is he perfection or what.

Edited by Sgt. Hartsock

Conspiracy Rules.....

Again, a meeting was spoilt by a useless referee going for the easy option. What a crap decision when everyone could see Nicki Pederson had done nothing wrong. He fact, he rode probably the best he's done all year, and deserved to win. The Ref chickened out the obvious conclusion of excluding a Polish ride in Poland. I can understand Nicki feeling aggrieved like he did. The fact that KK won, made it an even bigger travesty. It's not the first time this has happened but to be pillared for doing nothing wrong is totally unacceptable... And you wonder why he blows his top........

Well done to Greg for becoming World Champion again...., He has always been the fantastic ambassador that this sport desperately needs.

• Like 3

Surely even Nicki fans can see why he was excluded.

He steamed in on a thin entry from many lengths back and hit another rider.

Some will say he had marginally taken the lead but that does not give him the right to take any inch of track he wants from there.

Im all for the leader taking whatever line he wants when he is genuinely ahead (ie 1+ bikes length) just as Nicki did to close the door on Tai in the run off.

Very different to go through someone when you are inches in the lead and effectively use them as a brake.

• Like 1

Surely even Nicki fans can see why he was excluded.

He steamed in on a thin entry from many lengths back and hit another rider.

Wrong..... He took a very large gap, and was hit from the side by another rider trying to close that gap.

Well done too, to out going champion Tai Woffinden, who has been a credit to the sport in his year long reign.

He generally seems incredibly professional, and showed respect to the top three last night was a nice touch, not always seen by outgoing Champs.

• Like 2

Pedersen should NOT have been excluded. Really bad decision. He was riding at the top of his game and the ref bottled it.

Pedersen should NOT have been excluded. Really bad decision. He was riding at the top of his game and the ref bottled it.

It just goes to show how difficult a decision it was for the referee. I also think the referee called it correct.

Looking at the incident from start to finish I'm not having it that KK knew Pedersen was there and tried to lean on him is absolutely balls. Pedersen was 4th going down the back straight and to go from 4th to 1st Pedersen took a totally unnatural line to go into the bend. KK didn't look behind him and just looked to race his own race. Pedersen made contact with KK forcing KK wide who himself tried bloody hard to stay on.

I wouldn't of called it any other way than how the referee called it. I though it was pretty straight forward. It's all down to opinion and any suggestion that the referee bottled it is ridiculous.

Edited by screamer
  • Like 4

I wouldn't of called it any other way than how the referee called it. I though it was pretty straight forward. It's all down to opinion and any suggestion that the referee bottled it is ridiculous.

I agree it was a tough call but I think 90% of people actually called it the other way around. I am not sure if the riders were reversed if the same call would have been made. I actually feel the referee made his decision on location and riders involved.

I agree it was a tough call but I think 90% of people actually called it the other way around. I am not sure if the riders were reversed

if the same call would have been made. I actually feel the referee made his decision on location and riders involved.

Gardell would have excluded Nicki even if the situation would have been the opposite. As I have said before, nowadays the referees have two sets of rules.

1 set for 15 of the riders and 1 set for Nicki. 1st set = try to determine who caused it and exclude him. 2nd set = exclude Nicki no matter the situation.

• Like 2

As per normal the one rider everyone is talking about is the one rider that is pure box office not the new World Champoin but legend that is Nicki Pedersen . Nicki was mugged last night of 1st place on the night and it could have cost him a bronze medal - I was lucky enough to be in the stadium last night and Nicki did nothing wrong he was ex by reputation only and the reaction of the Polish crowd how could the ref ex KK ?

Tough decision re NP or KK, and I am glad I wasnt the ref having to make a decision...... you would all still be waiting. :D

Cant see how Lindgren gets excluded in the MJJ incident. How you expect to avoid hitting a rider who is only feet in front and he locks up I dont know. Wrong one excluded.

• Like 1

It's high time racing incidents give the referee the option of putting all four back, rather than having to exclude someone. Making a decision on some of these incidents is sometimes akin to tossing up a coin..

• Like 1

It was a bad ref decision

For me. I think AJ blocked KK'S view so KK didd'nt know nicki was already there.

It was just a case at wrong place wrong time all caused by AJ being bang in the middle of them both.

No one at fault but if and a big if anyone had to go it was KK as nicki got to the corner first.

But surely it's now time to have another rule for just racing accidents. Only thing with that though is maybe refs will always make easy decisions and bottle it

It's high time racing incidents give the referee the option of putting all four back, rather than having to exclude someone. Making a decision on some of these incidents is sometimes akin to tossing up a coin..

As some have said the referee's may never exclude anyone. But for me, a far more dangerous situation could arise where rider's over ride and take harder risks knowing if it goes wrong they could be back in the rerun through "a racing incident".

We're never going to agree on every exclusion and that adds to the entertainment. For me, I'd keep the exclusion rule purely for safety purposes.

Edited by screamer

Well done Greg, KK and Nicki.....good meeting spoilt by the Ref...I have been critical of Nicki in the past but last night he certainly got the wrong end of the decision.He would have won the GP.....Good to see Tai as outgoing Champion congratulating all the riders at the end....What a stadium and track.brilliant.

So those defending Nicki are using that he was "in the lead" as the reason he shouldnt have been excluded.

I take it that if AJ had turned left on him whilst still "in the lead" down the straight and sent him onto the infield that wouldve acceptable?