British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hampshire3321

Torun Sgp 2014 (inc Sunday)

Well done Mr Greg Hancock, like a fine wine keeps getting better with age. :D

Terrible decision to exclude Nicki in my humble opinion.

It just goes to show how difficult a decision it was for the referee. I also think the referee called it correct.

Looking at the incident from start to finish I'm not having it that KK knew Pedersen was there and tried to lean on him is absolutely balls. Pedersen was 4th going down the back straight and to go from 4th to 1st Pedersen took a totally unnatural line to go into the bend. KK didn't look behind him and just looked to race his own race. Pedersen made contact with KK forcing KK wide who himself tried bloody hard to stay on.

I wouldn't of called it any other way than how the referee called it. I though it was pretty straight forward. It's all down to opinion and any suggestion that the referee bottled it is ridiculous.

Flawed logic.

Nicki didn't hit KK, as Nicki was the only place he could be, right on the inside. KK was the one who veered across the track and hit Nicki. KK had the option of entering the bend wider, he chose not too. I don't think it was deliberate, but he tried to get across to the inside and it was too late, Nicki was already there.

It was pretty straight forward.. unless you want to make things up to suit your argument.

• Like 3

KK couldve gone in 5 yards wider and they would still have collided.

Nicki was on the inside but had no intention of staying there - by the apex of the bend he was kissing the fence with his back wheel.

Again those defending Nicki say "what was he meant to do shut off and let the others stay in front when he spotted the gap going down the straight" but then say KK shouldve got out of his way!

Double standards.

• Like 1

SHADES of Pedersen/Holder two years ago. Opinion seems to be fairly evenly split on here ... unlike in the stadium!

Not sure Philip,

For once I would say 90% of posters think Nicki was hard done to.

At the point of contact Nicki was ahead and not moving out, Kt hit Nicki, just seems that the rider on the inside will always get the rough deal, or if your name is Nicki...

It wasn't a straight forward decision but Pedersen did hit him and force him wide, if KK had gone straight down it would have been an easier call but he clearly tried to save it but lost it at the end.

The trouble that Nicki has is his reputation and past, he is now clearly suffering from it, very few people including referees give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 3

Whoever you think should have been excluded I think Pedersen needs to start riding with a bit more intelligence......he keeps steaming up the inside of people with the intention of taking them wide but if there is any kind of contact they go down and the ref usually sides with the struck rider. Pedersen keeps putting himself in the position where he can be excluded.

Time for him to start riding with more brains and less brawn.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 3

What I did find surprising was in the run off between NP and Tai. To all the people I was with it was obvious that with Tai going wide on the bend that NP was going to cut to the outside and stop him going past. Tai had to slow down because NP was right in front of him. Why did Tai not realise what NP was probably going to do and cut back inside him. NP may have got past him later but it seemed to be a simple mistake that Tai made.

• Like 4

It wasn't a straight forward decision but Pedersen did hit him and force him wide, if KK had gone straight down it would have been an easier call but he clearly tried to save it but lost it at the end.

The trouble that Nicki has is his reputation and past, he is now clearly suffering from it, very few people including referees give him the benefit of the doubt.

You reap what you sow I'm afraid. Don't think any of the other riders will be losing any sleep about any perceived bias against Pedersen. He got away with things in the past when he was Top Dog but not anymore.

My view was that his bike dragged him slighty quicker into the corner than he expected - he seemed to shoot forward slightly just as he arrived at the bend, which resulted in the contact which KK didn't expect. It was a 50/50 call and I think either rider would have been unhappy with any decision against them.

What I did find surprising was in the run off between NP and Tai. To all the people I was with it was obvious that with Tai going wide on the bend that NP was going to cut to the outside and stop him going past. Tai had to slow down because NP was right in front of him. Why did Tai not realise what NP was probably going to do and cut back inside him. NP may have got past him later but it seemed to be a simple mistake that Tai made.

Agreed - I was shouting at the TV as he went down the back straight - "Inside! Inside!"

Seemed a little naive. I thought the same in the Semi where Tai gave Nicki loads of room to come between Hampel and himself.

Whoever you think should have been excluded I think Pedersen needs to start riding with a bit more intelligence......he keeps steaming up the inside of people with the intention of taking them wide but if there is any kind of contact they go down and the ref usually sides with the struck rider. Pedersen keeps putting himself in the position where he can be excluded.

I 100pc agree. Was it a harsh decision? Id say yes although I agreed with it, maybe with clouded judgment. But It was typical NP. It's ALWAYS him involved. For those saying he's box office of entertaining or being harshly treated cos of what he's done in the past I'd say 2 things.

1. ask the other 15 riders in the field if they think he's being treated harshly. He might be excluded when he shouldn't be sometimes but he's risking their health and often their lives on a REGULAR BASIS.

2. He's done stuff in the past that's warranted him being banned for a long time so the odd exclusion isn't all that bad in my eyes.

• Like 2

Cracking GP, it really had everything.

Congrats to Greg "Herbie" Hancock © N. Pearson, a truly great champ. Never really been a fan, but I have to say he deserved it 100%

Talking of deserving it, I actually thought the decision to exclude NP was the right one. A move like that is always a risky one, coming through the pack like that everything needs to be just right for it to be successful. Unfortunately KK was in the wrong place at the wrong time for Nicki.

All in all it was the perfect end to the GP season on probably the best track in the world (after Stoke :wink: }

Absolute BULL

Difficult to have a discussion about it if that's all you are going to offer.

• Like 1

SHADES of Pedersen/Holder two years ago. Opinion seems to be fairly evenly split on here ... unlike in the stadium!

Phillip,did anything happen in the pits when KK ran across the centre green and into the pits to find Nikki?

Many KK reations tipped the balance in his favour when the ref saw that!!