British Speedway Forum

Nah, it'll be Lawson, especially for the DP events, keep the fans happy with a local lad for the remainder of the season!! ;)

hes not local these days though is he??

Nice to see 3 Brits in the final

Well done to Simon Stead

(but about time the PLRC was run on a neutral track (EL) and ELRC on a PL track.

With all the Doubling up, an EL track would hardly be neutral!

Well done Danny King for getting the runner-up spot, one bad gate all night in the Final done him.

Actually enjoyed the meeting for once, with some great racing.

• Like 1

All those riding in Poland MUST get bans

You're suggesting that an individual meeting in Britain is more important than a promotion play off match elsewhere.

I can just imagine if roles were reversed and rider in a PL play-off team had to miss a semi final because of a Polish individual event, everyone on BSF being in total agreement with that? Yes?

Or is it a case of the notion that we are British and therefore more deserving of a riders loyalty and the rest of the speedway world having to play second fiddle to us at all times?

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 2

Well i thought it was one of the better plrc meetings i have been to plenty of passing plenty of incidents and good all round meeting glad i made the 360 mile round trip for it i go to lynn every week and there was more passing here than we see there nowadays track shape must be a factor the steady josh incident was just a mistake steady did what he does at sheffield and carried speed into bends 3 and 4 josh didnt want to move but had to hard but fair after the race josh should have spoke to him in the pits not on the track coz as we all saw it all went horribly wrong when their bikes locked together with disasterous consequences but as a neutral added to the atmosphere only complaint was the long delays from heat 20 to the finish and the car park we had a long trip back and wanted away all in all enjoyed it immensely

Well i thought it was one of the better plrc meetings i have been to plenty of passing plenty of incidents and good all round meeting glad i made the 360 mile round trip for it i go to lynn every week and there was more passing here than we see there nowadays track shape must be a factor the steady josh incident was just a mistake steady did what he does at sheffield and carried speed into bends 3 and 4 josh didnt want to move but had to hard but fair after the race josh should have spoke to him in the pits not on the track coz as we all saw it all went horribly wrong when their bikes locked together with disasterous consequences but as a neutral added to the atmosphere only complaint was the long delays from heat 20 to the finish and the car park we had a long trip back and wanted away all in all enjoyed it immensely

The delay (as explianed briefly by Shaun Lee the Announcer/Presenter) was due to the fact that riders who get through to the semis and then the final can use new tyres, which take a little time to fit (deflating the old one, removing it, putting the new one on and inflating it). Also, of course riders would have had two rides in a row between the semi final and the final.

You're suggesting that an individual meeting in Britain is more important than a promotion play off match elsewhere.

I can just imagine if roles were reversed and rider in a PL play-off team had to miss a semi final because of a Polish individual event, everyone on BSF being in total agreement with that? Yes?

Or is it a case of the notion that we are British and therefore more deserving of a riders loyalty and the rest of the speedway world having to play second fiddle to us at all times?

What is so frustrating is If these riders who were missing do not get a ban & a fine it will be the lack of consistency from the BSPA, AGAIN, they fined Zetterstrom and banned him when he missed the PLRC through riding in Poland, so what has changed.

• Like 2

Rubbish..Josh simply went to have a word with Stead after race and bikes came together

Do you genuinely believe that, or is it a wind-up?

The foot rest got caught in the wheel, which is why both bikes stopped and they both fell off.

Disgraceful scenes afterwards in the pits though. Where was stadium security?

• Like 1

That's how I saw it and it was right in front of me.

Completely accidental, and If I'd have been Grajczonek I'd have wanted a word with Stead too after being taken out.

If Grajczonek had fallen, Stead would unquestionably have been excluded - which begs the question as to whether there has to be a fall before such action is taken.

Disgraceful scenes afterwards in the pits though. Where was stadium security?

Probably where they usually are if anything kicks off - hiding in the toilets.

I thought it was a pretty entertaining meeting with the highlight being Newman's stunning pass of Stead in heat 19. Quite brilliant, and it shows what you can achieve if you have a never say die attitude.

Big thanks to Spinny for organising the Barracks get together. :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

So Zorro should retrospectively be unbanned and the rule changed then? The rules say all those who were Poland should get a ban.

No need to believe it,as that is what happened---Josh simply went to have a word with him after being took wide,nothing wrong with that either

Steads followers kicking off afterwards was far worse --simply no need for that

• Like 2

Josh admitted that he only went for a word and his footrest got caught in stead bike and as since apologised to simon

• Like 4

If they were polish riders and they missed their meeting in Poland for a British one, they would get a ban.

So no, nothing to do with 'we are british and more deserving'. Simply, we are deserving of the same rules.

Not second fiddle. Equal footing.

However, it appears that you are suggesting we should play second fiddle.

• Like 2