British Speedway Forum

thought olly would be as he stated during a meeting not that long ago that he could make THREE TIMES the amount of money riding in poland than riding in the uk. if thats the case olly. try putting a full season in poland next year and give the 2015 uk season a miss.thats if you are good enough. british speedway will never survive as its going now. fans need to stick 2 fingers up at the sport for a while and see how the riders like it having their bubble burst..

• Like 1

So from the Original line-up it's now down to

1. Steve Worrall (Edinburgh),

2. Ryan Douglas (Scunthorpe),

3. Stuart Robson (Newcastle), replacing Bach

4. Simon Stead (Sheffield),

5. Ben Barker (Plymouth), (if fit)

6. Craig Cook (Edinburgh),

7. Morten Risager (Ipswich), replacing Tungate

8. Edward Kennett (Rye House),

9. Ulrich Ostergaard (Peterborough),

10. Danny King (Newcastle),

11. Theo Pijper (Glasgow),

12. Matej Kus (Berwick), replacing Vissing

13. Richard Lawson (Redcar),

14. Lasse Bjerre (Peterborough),

15. Josh Grajczonek (Workington),

16. Nick Morris (Somerset). replacing Allen

thought olly would be as he stated during a meeting not that long ago that he could make THREE TIMES the amount of money riding in poland than riding in the uk. if thats the case olly. try putting a full season in poland next year and give the 2015 uk season a miss.thats if you are good enough. british speedway will never survive as its going now. fans need to stick 2 fingers up at the sport for a while and see how the riders like it having their bubble burst..

the BSPA have to bring in hard a fast rules regarding missing Uk meetings,no good banning riders then allowing guests or R/R if riders are missing juniors should be used,at least the fans will know what is happening.you just can't expect fans to except a substandard product every other week.They don't seem to realise why fans are voting with their feet.

the BSPA have to bring in hard a fast rules regarding missing Uk meetings,no good banning riders then allowing guests or R/R if riders are missing juniors should be used,at least the fans will know what is happening.you just can't expect fans to except a substandard product every other week.They don't seem to realise why fans are voting with their feet.

If they brought juniors in to replace them, it would be a substandard product though, surely? Fans would then 'vote with their feet' even more.

If they brought juniors in to replace them, it would be a substandard product though, surely? Fans would then 'vote with their feet' even more.

it would be,but at least you know what you are going to pay to watch.Maybe it would highlight the facts to the BSPA and they would rectify the situation .I have always said you cannot predict what a speedway will turn out like entertainment wise ,the sport needs a major overhaul and it has to start soon.Too many riders just taking Britain and it's fans for a ride.We are not all mugs as the dwindling attendances are showing,I admit that for the first time this season I have missed matches because missing riders ect.

The whole things a piss take. Riders pulling out & stadium owners banning food and drink being bought in. If I wasn't coming up to bring B4e back daaan saaf I wouldn't bother going. I've very little interest in individual speedway, like some of the riders it seems

Edited by Shads
  • Like 4

This sport is an absolute piss take! I only wish I'd known these riders would pull out before I pay my deposit & committed to the bus. I'm sad to say this but after all the going's on this season I'm afraid I feel ready for walking away from speedway.

• Like 1

Ban them all.

Could not agree more, what a farce British speedway is, it would be great if there was an empty stadium on Sunday, but unfortunately people will still turn up even when they are treated like idiots.

British speedway really looks beyond help. This season must rank as the worst in the post 1965 BL era. With a new national stadium on the horizon, the sport will be receiving its last rites by the time it is built.

Its not to many moons ago that being PLRC or NLRC as it once was was a meeting every rider wanted to be in, and wanted to win even more. Thanks to the likes of Tungate, Allen and Vissing, and maybe one or two more before tapes up on Sunday, this meeting on Sunday is getting more of a second class status as time goes by.

It's ever so simple, those clubs who do not commit their riders to national shared events do not receive a penny shareout from any event and face a mandatory scale fine for each rider.

For example no shareout and £3,000 fine qed

• Like 1

The PLRC should be a compulsory event and those riders not attending should receive a ban.

Spot on.
  • Like 2

The whole things a piss take. Riders pulling out & stadium owners banning food and drink bring bought in. If I wasn't coming up to bring B4e back daaan south I wouldn't bother going. I've very little interest in individual speedway, like some of the riders it seems

I'm not going this year, the past few years the organization has been pi55 poor, the egagerated waiting for the rain off, the state of the track the year before, the diluted field, the checking of bags like you are some sort of suicide bomber, and mainly the little jumped up hitlers treating the paying public like sh!t.

The fours and pairs are a different class to attend, usually value for money and a good day/night out...the Plrc is usually not.

• Like 2

I'm not going this year, the past few years the organization has been pi55 poor, the egagerated waiting for the rain off, the state of the track the year before, the diluted field, the checking of bags like you are some sort of suicide bomber, and mainly the little jumped up hitlers treating the paying public like sh!t.

The fours and pairs are a different class to attend, usually value for money and a good day/night out...the Plrc is usually not.

This will probably be my last time if it's held at Sheffield. It's the bag searching that's really hacked me off. Id usually spend a bit in the snack bar, the chicken wraps are pretty good, but I won't be spending a penny on any food or drink inside the stadium, because of the greedy stadium owners