British Speedway Forum

I see Neil Middleditch has given another stunning interview in the "star" today about Mr Ward-slagging off the FIM mercilessly but in my opinion the best bit is and I quote

" If heaven forbid they give him a year ban, even dating back to when the offence was committed,we`re into August next year. That`s the season done We need to know what`s happening "

A year ban-the end of the world-unbelievable. Tough s**t I say !!

I read an article today belonging to a news paper in the town where Darcy's Swedish team is from and according to it,

the team manager in Darcy's Swedish team have decided to start and negotiate a new contract with Darcy.

You just gotta wonder if MF and Stefan Andersson have any moral at all and if they can see the whole picture rather then

just an egoistic view on what's good for their team? What "signals" does this send to younger riders?

Damn you if you drill a hole in your silencer but drink and ride? Sure no problem.

• Like 2

I see Neil Middleditch has given another stunning interview in the "star" today about Mr Ward-slagging off the FIM mercilessly but in my opinion the best bit is and I quote

" If heaven forbid they give him a year ban, even dating back to when the offence was committed,we`re into August next year. That`s the season done We need to know what`s happening "

A year ban-the end of the world-unbelievable. Tough s**t I say !!

The man really has no brain at all.

Imagine awaiting sentence on a charge that may bring with it a ban that could cost one's livelihood for several years.

And one of your closest supporters starts ranting to the industry's only credible media outlet like a barking mad nutter; slagging off the very body that holds your life in it's hands.

Perhaps it is having friends like this in your corner, Darcy, that renders your chances of rehabilitation - and future success - pretty much zero.

• Like 6

Everyone has a choice, We dont all think the sun shines out Wards backside !!!! MF did say this as per when he said it was his last chance after the last Ward incident. Some of us have morals and a side with Ward in wont be supported by me 2015, but 2016 if he keeps his nose clean as i said before and proves himself.

To be honest with you mate , id like to see him back in the Poole side, if the outcome of the FIM hearing allows. But, Matt should stipulate massive proviso's.

Step out of line again, whether its domestic or International and your gone, simple as.

The man really has no brain at all.

Imagine awaiting sentence on a charge that may bring with it a ban that could cost one's livelihood for several years.

And one of your closest supporters starts ranting to the industry's only credible media outlet like a barking mad nutter; slagging off the very body that holds your life in it's hands.

Perhaps it is having friends like this in your corner, Darcy, that renders your chances of rehabilitation - and future success - pretty much zero.

It's Middleditch and Fords comments that make me wish Ward gets the book thrown at him. Ford knows what he's saying, he likes to stir a bit of controversy. Middleditch however just comes across like a moron!

• Like 3

I read an article today belonging to a news paper in the town where Darcy's Swedish team is from and according to it,

the team manager in Darcy's Swedish team have decided to start and negotiate a new contract with Darcy.

You just gotta wonder if MF and Stefan Andersson have any moral at all and if they can see the whole picture rather then

just an egoistic view on what's good for their team? What "signals" does this send to younger riders?

Damn you if you drill a hole in your silencer but drink and ride? Sure no problem.

But he wasn't caught drinking and riding he failed a test and due to the failure of the test was prevented from riding. If he failed a test after the meeting he would then have been caught drinking and riding. I'm certainly not condoning what happened but there is a big difference IMO
  • Like 1

It's Middleditch and Fords comments that make me wish Ward gets the book thrown at him. Ford knows what he's saying, he likes to stir a bit of controversy. Middleditch however just comes across like a moron!

That tells me you don't know Neil very well. Neil has and can only say so much to Darcy, after that, Darcy is his own man. He's old enough and ugly enough now to know right from wrong.

But as i said, i would still like to see Darcy in the side next season depending on the FIM outcome, but Matt has to lay the law down in private, and the proviso being, step out of line again, and your gone.

Darcy has his destiny in his own hands.

Edited by Starman2006

Ward banned for 1 year, ban back dated for a few months, ban ends around September 2015 = Ward wins new Oz GP? Surely not?

But he wasn't caught drinking and riding he failed a test and due to the failure of the test was prevented from riding. If he failed a test after the meeting he would then have been caught drinking and riding. I'm certainly not condoning what happened but there is a big difference IMO

But if he hadn't been caught before the meeting he would have ridden in the meeting - endangering his life and the life of others. He turned up to the meeting intending to ride - therefore he was willing to ride even though he had alcohol in his system. It does not matter how little or how much alcohol was in his system - what matters was that he intended riding. Admitting - on camera - that he hadn't 're-hydrated' enough is an admission that he had drunk alcohol. He did not appear contrite about the situation - he just seemed to feel sorry that he's been caught. The mere fact that he was willing to ride in a meeting and endanger the life of other riders is what upsets me. MF and Middleditch appear to condone his behaviour - rather than wish him to change his behaviour - and I therefore have no respect for them or their opinions.

• Like 2

But he wasn't caught drinking and riding he failed a test and due to the failure of the test was prevented from riding. If he failed a test after the meeting he would then have

been caught drinking and riding. I'm certainly not condoning what happened but there is a big difference IMO

You are wrong. Have in mind that the the rules (which is the same for all FIM/FIA...federations) says that alcohol is forbidden during competition not that it is

only forbidden to ride/drive while under influence of alcohol. Why? Because "during a competition" is a wider definition that allows doping/alcohol tests to be

done before a competitor is allowed to ride/drive/fly in a competition but anyone that is caught still can be charged with being under the influence during a competition

(as if they would have ridden/driven/flown while being under the influence) despite not having ridden/driven/flown a single millimetre.

When does the competition start for GPs? It starts when the riders arrive at the track and sign in for practice and it ends when they leave the track after the GP is finished.

Was the breath test done during a competition? Yes it was, so it does not matter if the test was done before or during or after his heats, As soon as he had

signed in for the GP and were at the track, it was during a competition and thus he was under the influence of alcohol during a competition.

Whether he was standing in his pitbox or being on a motorcycle on the track does not make any difference according to the rules.

It is the same things as that Formula 1 and MotoGP competitions does not start when the actual race begins but rather when the first practice begins.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 7

Don't see how it can be a one year ban suspended for 2 years, when he's already been suspended since August??!!

That could open up a whole new can of (legal?) worms!!

He is indeed already serving a ban for somthing he has admitted to. Any subsequent ban (suspended or otherwise) would be in addition to that already served.

In UK road traffic law, he would probably face the same penalty.

Quite simply, he turned up, his bikes were there, his mechanics were there, he had every intention of riding. That is why he was asked to take the test and failed.

Why would they take a breath test after the meeting? FFS.. :rolleyes:

The boy got caught and the FIM jury will know that, There is no 'mens rea' in UK drink drive traffic law. If you are caught, you are caught! Even if you are just in charge of your vehicle!!

I hope the FIM aren't as stupid and corruptible, as some may suggest...

Then there would, really, be no point ............. :neutral:

• Like 4

I read that cabin crew of an aircraft that was preparing to take off reported the pilot to the police as they thought he was acting as if drunk.

Does it matter whether he was caught over the limit before he took control and flew or after he had flown. Of course it does!

If you were on that plane knowing the pilot had been drinking alcohol and was over a limit, would you have stayed on the plane.

If "you" had been on that plane I am sure you would have been grateful he had been reported before he flew rather then after - that is if they got to the destination safely.

In the case of DW, there were 17 other GP racers that might be mighty pleased that he, or anyone, was found to be over a limit for alcohol before a meeting.

Testing after the meeting because what is to stop you not being picked for the premeeting test and then taking any substance performance enhancing or not after tests have been done .If as it appears from this forum people want more stringent testing why aren't tests done after meeting too.

Urine test for drugs after the meeting makes sense (and I think does happen)?

Breathalyser test as with ward - surely makes sense beforehand, doubt even darcy would be getting on the beers during the meeting!

No differance at all. He had signed on to ride and done practice. Or maybe he turned up just to watch then as a normal fan :rofl:

Can you believe he has used this as an excuse. No respect for the guy what so ever.

Edited by theknow 2
  • Like 2