British Speedway Forum

It just struck me, could the Aussie GP being in October be done to allow Ward time to serve any ban to ensure they have him there for the Aussie GP? or am I just being cynical?

Yes, because the stadium is most likely only available in October. However, we may well be being primed for a 'minimal' penalty, 'charges-thrown-out-on-a-technicality' type of thing.

and maybe with Batch not qualifying in the top eight, meaning 2 Aussies in next years gp, means there may be room for a third Aussie - Batch or DW.

Well, I'm now 100% certain that Monster will force through Darcy being included in 2015 as a Wildcard if the FIM don't ban him. Very disappointed to see a video that shows Ward hanging around with the Monster crew in all Monster clobber. It's a shame that the SGP's main sponsors have shown misguided priorities.

While suspended Ward should not be around or involved in any manor to do with speedway. Sets an absolutely s#!+ example IMO

totally agree will be interesting to see if any non monster rider did the same what would be the outcome I think we all know the answer to that

Yep, looks that way.

It just struck me, could the Aussie GP being in October be done to allow Ward time to serve any ban to ensure they have him there for the Aussie GP? or am I just being cynical?

YOU are being cynical and, as previously stated, Monster have no influence on wild cards. Why would they? Have won the last four World titles without Ward anyway...

I find some of the comments on this thread are very immature, maybe the posters need to seek some sort of therapy or have mental health issues.

• Like 1

YOU are being cynical and, as previously stated, Monster have no influence on wild cards. Why would they? Have won the last four World titles without Ward anyway...

Ok, lack of information it is no wonder sometimes people speculate. So what's your 'in the know' view. Will Ward be racing in that Aussie GP next October?

Ok, lack of information it is no wonder sometimes people speculate. So what's your 'in the know' view. Will Ward be racing in that Aussie GP next October?

I HAVE no idea and frankly nor does anyone else until the FIM and possibly WADA determine what punishment if any Ward will be dealt. Even many within the FIM are appalled at the time this whole sorry episode has been dragging on.

Of course Monster will have an influence! Do you really expect anyone to think differently? Monster are headline sponsor, they'll want as much exposure as they can get for their money, which will including as many of their riders as they can get into the series. Wasn't Monster Joe out with Ward the night before his failed breath test? Could it be he feels a little responsible for encouraging, or not stopping Ward getting leathered the night before the GP?

If Ward isn't banned, you can almost guarantee he'll get a wild card for 2015.

I HAVE no idea and frankly nor does anyone else until the FIM and possibly WADA determine what punishment if any Ward will be dealt. Even many within the FIM are appalled at the time this whole sorry episode has been dragging on.

Is it speedway people at the FIM who are appaulled? Mr Castagna perhaps who's relatively new to the FIM and it's workings? To be fair, it's quite possible that Ward or his advisors comments about the technicalities of how the test was carried out has probably delayed things. I would imagine the FIM are ensuring that they have a hydrated tight case before presenting their findings to the jury. It really would be egg on their face if after a public confession by Ward that he was to then get off on a technicality.ink

Personally I think he'll get a 2 year ban with a year suspended, so he'll receive a fair-ish punishment but will still get the wild card for the Oz GP. Bit like taking a kids bag of sweets away, then giving him back his favourite one!

• Like 2

I agree with 2years ban with one year suspended.if an Aussie gets a wild card I reckon batch should get it although I reckon ward should get the w/c in melbourne

Edited by bruno
  • Like 1

I think a fair punishment would be a 1 year ban from all speedway and an additional 12 months from national team events (national champs, GP, GP qualifiers, SWC and etc).

After all that was the punishment for Dudek so Ward shouldn't be treated any differently, especially since Ward was very well aware of what he was drinking

while Dudek (atleast in theory) might have gotten the illegal substance into his system without intent.

• Like 4

Of course Monster will have an influence! Do you really expect anyone to think differently? Monster are headline sponsor, they'll want as much exposure as they can get for their money, which will including as many of their riders as they can get into the series. Wasn't Monster Joe out with Ward the night before his failed breath test? Could it be he feels a little responsible for encouraging, or not stopping Ward getting leathered the night before the GP?

If Ward isn't banned, you can almost guarantee he'll get a wild card for 2015.

Is it speedway people at the FIM who are appaulled? Mr Castagna perhaps who's relatively new to the FIM and it's workings? To be fair, it's quite possible that Ward or his advisors comments about the technicalities of how the test was carried out has probably delayed things. I would imagine the FIM are ensuring that they have a hydrated tight case before presenting their findings to the jury. It really would be egg on their face if after a public confession by Ward that he was to then get off on a technicality.ink

Personally I think he'll get a 2 year ban with a year suspended, so he'll receive a fair-ish punishment but will still get the wild card for the Oz GP. Bit like taking a kids bag of sweets away, then giving him back his favourite one!

IF it makes you feel better thinking Monster influence the choice of wild cards go ahead. But they don't. Ward isn't the bee all and end all for them, Who is to say whether they will continue with his sponsorship anyway should he get a lengthy ban.

Hancock, Holder and Woffinden doing a pretty good job for them. And plenty of other riders around should they want another string to their bow.

I think a fair punishment would be a 1 year ban from all speedway and an additional 12 months from national team events (national champs, GP, GP qualifiers, SWC and etc).

After all that was the punishment for Dudek so Ward shouldn't be treated any differently, especially since Ward was very well aware of what he was drinking

while Dudek (atleast in theory) might have gotten the illegal substance into his system without intent.

Maybe Dudek's punishment wouldn't have been so much if he hadn't ridden whilst 'under the influence'?!

Darcy would have if he wasnt caught. It hardly makes it better

• Like 3

The point is if he gets away without a ban. Which he desrves at least a straight 12 months. Then will Monster and his other major sponsers want anything to do with him.

It is not a very good advert for your product, having a rider that is an out an out idiot as one of your top flight of riders.

The longer he is out of speedway, which I think he has lost some of the gloss that he used to have, he just seemed to be losing it that last few month before he was suspended, people will soon forget him.

Shame because he is a rider that has a great deal of talent that he is just letting go to waste.