British Speedway Forum

I for one am amazed this topic has attracted 2,573 replies. Is there any more to say?.

the reason people have a go at you is not because of personal dislike, but that 80% of your posts ARE drivel.

Thank you for this information.

Can you provide me with an actual breakdown in regard to the 80% of messages that are regarded as drivel and the 20% of messages that are acceptable?

Your figures intrigue me and your final analysis could possibly be of benefit to me. Thank you. :approve:

I for one am amazed this topic has attracted 2,573 replies. Is there any more to say?.

Other than there are a lot of people who support Darcy Ward. And the figure you quote in regard to support for Ward has now reached towards the 3,500 mark. :lol:

Other than there are a lot of people who support Darcy Ward.

Have you actually read this thread, Gustix!?

Can you provide me with an actual breakdown in regard to the 80% of messages that are regarded as drivel and the 20% of messages that are acceptable?

Your figures intrigue me and your final analysis could possibly be of benefit to me. Thank you. :approve:

Other than there are a lot of people who support Darcy Ward. And the figure you quote in regard to support for Ward has now reached towards the 3,500 mark. :lol:

I would have thought 80% was on the conservative side-more like 90% if truth was told-I`m on gustix`s block list so he won`t be reading this anyway :approve:

Well here's 1 for your drivel list.

• Like 3

By the way, Gustix, one piece of drivel that appears on all your posts is your signature.

Voltaire never said this. That was written in 1906 by Evelyn Beatrice Hall (pseud. S. G. Tallentyre) in the biography "The Friends of Voltaire". She did not attribute the words to Voltaire. They were her own.

Edited by norbold
  • Like 3

this poll can be dismissed due to technicalities.

1)the group was set up by someone whom allegedly had an"off duty" brain.

2)doubts have apparently emerged about the calibration of the like counter.

• Like 8

I WOULD state that I have no more knowledge of this than anyone else. But there have been recent signs from the Ward camp that he is confident of riding again in 2015.

For sometime there has been a feeling (nothing more) that the lack of judgement from the FIM suggests that there is a technical flaw in their case.

What I do know categorically is that there are some within the corridors of power in Geneva who are fearful of the consequences of the Ward case being thrown out and the FIM then being subjected to legal action by Ward with regard to loss of earnings, sponsorship, etc.

Not lost any sponsorship as far as I can see.

It would be of even more benefit if you were to apply the old adage that if you have nothing intelligent to say then say nothing.

For sometime there has been a feeling (nothing more) that the lack of judgement from the FIM suggests that there is a technical flaw in their case.

What I do know categorically is that there are some within the corridors of power in Geneva who are fearful of the consequences of the Ward case being thrown out and the FIM then being subjected to legal action by Ward with regard to loss of earnings, sponsorship, etc.

If that is the case, why would the F.I.M. prolong the case even further and finish up having to pay even more loss of earnings etc.?

Edited by norbold

Think a lot of people are miising the point in that this is the normal time it takes, no shorter or longer than other cases.

• Like 1

Think a lot of people are miising the point in that this is the normal time it takes, no shorter or longer than other cases.

So explain the put backs ? I don't think thats normal, do you ?

I posted a link to the case regarding a suspended MX rider a while ago and in that case it took about half a year as well

from time of offense to the actual hearing but I don't know if he had his hearing postponed several times like Darcy.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Could Ward take any action though, because by his own admission he had a few drinks, so even if there is a flaw could Ward use that to take legal action? You would like to hope if he did get off on a technicality he would think himself bloody lucky and focus on getting his career back on track.

• Like 1

I am not a Poole fan so I am not being bias neither am I defending Ward. But I do wonder if he is easily influenced as there are a lot of hanger oners in speedway, and just maybe he has not got the right people around him. I do not think Matt Ford is the problem after all he is a business man and who has turned Poole speedway around to a very sucessful team and no-one can take that away from him. If only Ward was back at Kings Lynn under Lyon and Chapman maybe things would have been differnt. In my opinion in an ideal world if he was at Wolverhampton under Peter Adams and CVS would be amazing. If I was Ward I would be head hunting Pete Adams to come on board in Wards camp, I think he would be the answer to all Wards problems. If only!!