British Speedway Forum

Next time Darcy is in trouble with the [police or speedway officialdom (and his current rate is once every 14 months since becoming a speedway rider) rather than giving him a fair hearing and time to build a case to defend himself the police or speedway officialdom should hold a hearing or court case the next day and punish him. Get it sorted ASAP?

The reason time is give so you legal team can make sure everything is done correctly and is fair.

You've just contradicted youirself there..

I'd be very interested to hear what Mr Rising's views are of Mr Middleditch's twitter outbursts referred to in previous posts on here, and whether they deserve to be punished in any way by the authorities

If they don't I can only surmise that it is what 58 year olds do

• Like 3

You've just contradicted youirself there..

No I haven't. How have I contradicted myself?

I'd be very interested to hear what Mr Rising's views are of Mr Middleditch's twitter outbursts referred to in previous posts on here, and whether they deserve to be punished in any way by the authorities

If they don't I can only surmise that it is what 58 year olds do

Phil wont comment if it means going against Middlo or Darcy.

• Like 4

To be fair to Middlo he didn't call you retarded, he asked if you were retarded. Which is slightly different, but the whole tone of his exchange left no doubt of the offensive nature. For a team manager to conduct himself in such a manner is pretty demeaning, you would never expect people in similar positions in other sports getting so personal and offensive.

As others have said, riders have been punished for bringing the sport into disrepute on social media and if the SCB have any regard for the public image of the sport one would expect Middleditch to be brought to book for his comments.

The Poole management haven't covered themselves in glory throughout the Ward fiasco. From Middlo's initial "mitigating circumstances", to Ford "Hopefully he'll get off" to Middlo talking about "lots of grounds for appeal" whilst at the same time saying he didn't know what the alcohol readings were.

We then had the tweet on Friday - "No decision till next week!!!What the hell is going on! #fimareajoke" which showed Middlo had no idea of the disciplinary process. One would have expected someone in his position to be familiar with FIM Anti-doping code so that he would have known there would be a period of deliberation before a decision was known.

Edited by salty
  • Like 4

To be fair to Middlo he didn't call you retarded, he asked if you were retarded. Which is slightly different, but the whole tone of his exchange left no doubt of the offensive nature. For a team manager to conduct himself in such a manner is pretty demeaning, you would never expect people in similar positions in other sports getting so personal and offensive.

As others have said, riders have been punished for bringing the sport into disrepute on social media and if the the SCB have any regard for the public image of the sport one would expect Middleditch to brought to book for his comments.

The hashtag #imrickyhavinbrainfittedsoon is quite obviously rude, offensive and something an EL team manager should not be tweeting at a fan.

The hashtag #imrickyhavinbrainfittedsoon is quite obviously rude, offensive and something an EL team manager should not be tweeting at a fan.

Just imagine if a Football manager had said that ....

• Like 1

TBF, when Kelly was 23(?) people were saying eh was a sure fire thing to be a multi-World Champion. But he loved a drink and sometimes a few drugs. He enjoyed being "Kellly Moran - international speedway" to the ladies and having fun. He never achieved anything like was expected of him. He also then, as a result of his partying ways died a slow, horrible death at a very young age.

I think the point being made is Darcy could end up like Kelly (all the talent but none of the commitment) or he could end up as a multi-World Champion. He could end up somewhere in the middle. But carrying on as he is he is heading for the Kelly Moran route BUT without the personality and charm that endeared Kelly to everyone he met - even Kenny Carter who hated anyone foreign loved Kelly!

Interesting comparison made...I always said that Darcy Ward was the second coming of Michael Lee...all the talent but all the inability to walk the straight and narrow.

It would be a shame to see Ward banned for too long in one respect, however, the fall out from those who support him "no matter what" is going to be marvelous to watch/read if he's banned for part of all of the 2015 season. :rofl:

Cassius Clay / Muhammed Ali had to stay out of the sport for a while...he was bigger box office when he made his comeback than he ever was before. A lengthy ban won't necessarily be a bad thing for the media in the long run.

Interesting comparison made...I always said that Darcy Ward was the second coming of Michael Lee...all the talent but all the inability to walk the straight and narrow.

Cassius Clay / Muhammed Ali had to stay out of the sport for a while...he was bigger box office when he made his comeback than he ever was before. A lengthy ban won't necessarily be a bad thing for the media in the long run.

It depends if he would come back though, he may find another job, being the commodity that he is... :blink:

• Like 1

Cassius Clay / Muhammed Ali had to stay out of the sport for a while...he was bigger box office when he made his comeback than he ever was before.

Yes. But he wasn't as fast.

Yes. But he wasn't as fast.

He was with his fists. :t: