British Speedway Forum

Darcy Ward has polarized a lot of people here in Australia, particularly those who like me have put their time into the sport as voluntary track officials at various places, me personally at Gosford and also Somersby junior track.

My peronsal opinion is that he has got off lightly.

I would also make him earn his way back into the Grand Prix series and NOT give him any wild cards in the meantime. That means he does the 2016 qualifiers and probably gets back in for 2017. However we all suspect that won't happen. His sponsor Monster Energy are no doubt already campaigning for his return via a wildcards in Melbourne which I suspect he will get as he would be a drawcard and they have some pull with BSI for sure. Personally my wc in Melbourne would be a young Aussie on the way up such as 3 times oz under 21 champ Max Fricker who is more local than DW.

As for the suspension it is light IMHO. You would think after the episodes in Bournemouth Court Ward and his muddling manager would have steered his ship better. I think he needs to get away from Poole, to come under the wing of someone stronger, but I can't see that happening. He definitely needs someone of the calibre of Peter Adams in his corner. Peter is the best team manager in my lifetime, but would he take on a "problem-child" like DW? More to the point would DW make the move himself to get a stronger manager? I really doubt it.

As for getting a wild card at Cardiff that would be ridiculous.

Can't see adams managing at Poole and way would Ward go to a mediocre club like wolverhampton? :wink:

(he says trying to lure stevebrum from under a rock lol).

Perhaps Darcy could be rewarded by being named the wild card in every round after June.....

So your saying Ward should be rewarded for going drinking before a SGP, then serving a 10 month ban.

Thank goodness I have not bought a ticket for Cardiff yet.

Perhaps this is something that BSI could 'nip-in-the-bud' PDQ.

Just giving it out via the British Final could solve it easiest.

But, then again Bomber is already in .... So anything is possible.

I have bought the ticket(s) and booked the b&b for two nights.

I certainly would not be happy if Ward gets the wild card, especially as it seems the host country supplies a countryman.

There were two regular Brit GP riders last year and it was a Brit took the wild card, so it should be again.

and I agree with gbrussell that the Aussie wild card should be a talented Aussie youngster like Mx Fricke.

Lets get real, Ward has done a big wrong, he has to take the punishment, not the privileges.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Aussies always get the biggest crowd support at the British GP.

If Ward was given the wildcard, I'd personally boycott the event in protest.

Well I bloody well won't, there is no way on earth I'd not go to Cardiff!! Anyway it wouldn't half spice up our weekend, bearing in mind we're spending it with Poole fans :lol: Someone to Boo :P

You won't be missed... :rofl:

Funny Starry :D Are you going?

Can't see adams managing at Poole and way would Ward go to a mediocre club like wolverhampton? :wink:

(he says trying to lure stevebrum from under a rock lol).

Look at Wolverhampton facts, thats all im saying! and PS im not a Wolves fan!

I have bought the ticket(s) and booked the b&b for two nights.

I certainly would not be happy if Ward gets the wild card, especially as it seems the host country supplies a countryman.

There were two regular Brit GP riders last year and it was a Brit took the wild card, so it should be again.

and I agree with gbrussell that the Aussie wild card should be a talented Aussie youngster like Mx Fricke.

Lets get real, Ward has done a big wrong, he has to take the punishment, not the privileges.

He is taking the punishment

So your saying Ward should be rewarded for going drinking before a SGP, then serving a 10 month ban.

:rofl::t::drink::D

• Like 2

Well I bloody well won't, there is no way on earth I'd not go to Cardiff!! Anyway it wouldn't half spice up our weekend, bearing in mind we're spending it with Poole fans :lol: Someone to Boo :P

Yeh, might go and have a look.

Darcy Ward has polarized a lot of people here in Australia, particularly those who like me have put their time into the sport as voluntary track officials at various places, me personally at Gosford and also Somersby junior track.

My peronsal opinion is that he has got off lightly.

I would also make him earn his way back into the Grand Prix series and NOT give him any wild cards in the meantime. That means he does the 2016 qualifiers and probably gets back in for 2017. However we all suspect that won't happen. His sponsor Monster Energy are no doubt already campaigning for his return via a wildcards in Melbourne which I suspect he will get as he would be a drawcard and they have some pull with BSI for sure. Personally my wc in Melbourne would be a young Aussie on the way up such as 3 times oz under 21 champ Max Fricker who is more local than DW.

As for the suspension it is light IMHO. You would think after the episodes in Bournemouth Court Ward and his muddling manager would have steered his ship better. I think he needs to get away from Poole, to come under the wing of someone stronger, but I can't see that happening. He definitely needs someone of the calibre of Peter Adams in his corner. Peter is the best team manager in my lifetime, but would he take on a "problem-child" like DW? More to the point would DW make the move himself to get a stronger manager? I really doubt it.

As for getting a wild card at Cardiff that would be ridiculous.

Nice try. I especially like the CSI reference.

By the way, how old are you?? :oops:

Speedways credibility once more in danger. :sad: :sad: :sad:

IF Ward gets to Cardiff.

Edited by The White Knight

If its booing riders, I can think of one rider from Denmark who will be hoping Ward gets the wildcard pick for Cardiff.

• Like 1

Speedways credibility once more in danger. :sad: :sad: :sad:

IF Ward gets to Cardiff.

Okay I will ask you one simple question, do you think in GP's we should be seeing the best riders in the world. If so in that case we have to include Ward, Sayfutdinov, and Laguta, just answer me yes or no!!
  • Like 1

Nice try. I especially like the CSI reference.

By the way, how old are you?? :oops:

True, sommelier, but he must not be offered the privileges. We all have to earn privileges. He can do that by keeping his nose clean for at least a couple years before he can be trusted.

I have not heard anyone say that he has twittered that he is sorry for the upset he has caused to speedway in general, his country, his club, his fans (I dont to social medias so I rely on others reporting whats going on).

It would be really good to know that he is genuinely sorry for what he has done, only he can do that. That would be a good start, then behaving himself for a reasonable amount of thime, let everyone see that he is truly sorry by being a changed man - then he MIGHT start to be considered for privileges.

Edited by OveFundinFan