British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Berwick (pl) 22/8/14 @ 7.30pm

never mind, Somerset are the Bandits biggest threat for the league anyway ;)

In other words.... ' it hasn't sank in yet ' :)

Your'e just too clever for your own good how did you suss that out so quickly it usually takes the Edinburgh fan's the best part off a month to suss out my post's and there you have done it in ten minutes amazing truly amazing eh monarch's fans.

I could pick out one good race.

The rest was just like pushbike racing.

The shape of the track is the only thing I can see that causes the problems.

Compare it to another wee track like Redcar, Edinburgh just lacks a big bit of fizz.

Don't know if there is an answer?

Aye the tracks crap there you go Biged.

• Like 1

Aye the tracks crap there you go Biged.

CRAP!!!!

there is a pass every bend of every race at the dale you know.

CRAP!!!!

I must've fell asleep and missed em. Best thing about tonight was the smokey sausage & curry chips. Can't believe how cold it was for August. I was in full winter coat and wooly hat.
  • Like 1

CRAP!!!!

The only Pass i have seen at Armadale was when there was young Lad's about your age playing Football they were around 8 or 9 on the grass verge on what is now the first bend it was a beautiful 20 yard pass for one so young.

• Like 1

i must watch a different meeting to every one else then. :D

Your'e probably watching the DVD'S in the bar from 10 year ago the area outside with all the noise that is were you should be do you still need to be with an adult in the bar.

Your'e probably watching the DVD'S in the bar from 10 year ago the area outside with all the noise that is were you should be do you still need to be with an adult in the bar.

yeah and i need to pay £2 at the gate to get in being under 12.

Edited by Mr Blobby

yeah and i need to pay £2 at the gate being under 12.

do you get to go in the pits and get the chuckle brothers autograph and sit on their knee like santas grotto??

do you get to go in the pits and get the chuckle brothers autograph and sit on their knee like santas grotto??

Only if mummy and daddy let me.

Only if mummy and daddy let me.

bit selfish that, do you not got jealous of mam and dad sitting on old harkys knee.?? Surely you take turns??... Fairs fair n that :)
  • Like 3

Right, I'll try to raise the level of debate on here - won't be difficult as the previous 10 year old posters will surely be in bed? ;) Here's my totally biased report from the best track in speeedway!! By the way - what do the knockers who criticise Armadale's track and stadium, Berwick's tight bends and drawn out races and the shortcomings at other tracks suggest. We are stuck with the shape of tracks/stadia due to football/rugby/greyhound tracks- very few tracks own their stadium. I am just grateful to have speedway nearby.

Well after a brief threat from Berwick this ended up as another easy win. Some good races but the most pleasing thing was the fact that Jensen and Kus walked back to the pits unaided after ht 14. I thought Jensen would need the ambulance after his back flip and appearing to be hit by Kus's bike too. Hopefully no lasting effects.

Berwick looked a threat in a lot of races but thankfully for us, Doolan and Jensen suffered 5-1's when donning the b&w.

For Monarchs - Cookie failed to win a race! When did that last happen! He was involved in most of the good races though, the one with Kevin being the highlight in ht 6. Justin looked slow in ht 6 when Bandits gated but gave the perfect reply in ht 8. Max had a great night beaten only by Jensen. Stevie was superb, gating well, looking fast and dropping his only point to Doolan in ht 15. Sam continued his good form with a paid max, fastest rider tonight. Aaron was obviously in great pain after ht 2 - were the Monarchs management chancing their arm in ht 11 by trying to use Derek to replace him? Even I know that you can't replace a rider who withdraws after an old injury - no need for such a hold up on a cool night. Derek had a great 5-1 with Sam in a crucial ht 7 against the t/r but looked a bit slow in others - maybe all that penicillin? ;)

For Bandits, Claus was up to his Armadale form though seemed to have bike problems perhaps? Bellego never beat a Monarch, Jensen had two great wins, two falls - lucky to be back in ht 12, more lucky to walk away in 14 thank goodness. Kevin Doolan, still a pleasure to watch, great battle with Cookie in ht 6 and with Sam in 15. Edberg won ht2 well and beat Justin in ht 6, earned a ht 15. Kus, my predicted top scorer was poor - only beating a poor Derek twice.

I thought Bandits might have ran us closer, but after blowing the t/r in ht 7 they faded away.

ps, great to see B4e ( and her future baby Monarch) Shadders and Katy again.

Edited by DavyH

Can't believe you're defending your team manager attempting to cheat

This was at the behest of the referee. He insisted that Derek could take all of Aaron's rides. When the Edinburgh manager asked "Are you sure" he was told "Yes".

Only when Berwick (quite rightly) queried it, did the ref check his rule book and find the right answer.

Not the only refereeing gaffe of the night.

This was at the behest of the referee. He insisted that Derek could take all of Aaron's rides. When the Edinburgh manager asked "Are you sure" he was told "Yes".

Only when Berwick (quite rightly) queried it, did the ref check his rule book and find the right answer.

That is shocking from a referee!! Will he be reprimanded by the BSPA? Poor Shadders had to suffer another 10 minutes of freezing cold because of his incompetence- I assume Mr Shadders is instructing his lawyer to sue the ref as I type ;)

Edited by DavyH

Giving some of our recent efforts round Armadale thirty two is about par for the course, our riders just don't seem to be able to work the place out, and there is very little to be gained from having a go at the track, surely its the same for both teams.

OK the referee did make a mistake but we are all human and I'll defend the referee in this one. Surely he should not have been put in this position. If Monarchs' team manager knew it was not within the rules he should not have tried it on.

As for the other 'gaffe of the night' - there was no complaint from the Edinburgh team manager prior to it happening.

Edited by edmon