British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spencebel

Peterborough V Somerset 24/08/2014 @ 5pm Pl

Pretty decent meeting on a well prepared track.

Roynon seems to have bounced back - aside from losing it and hitting Bjerre, he was impressive.

Best I have seen Kurtz ride, while Allen was imperious.

Instead of accepting the ice bucket challenge think the management need to accept the challenge of stopping the rot and producing a team of seven riders who can win there home meetings or the attendances will fall even further, no one wants to watch a team who keeps losing on its own patch

• Like 2

I agree..panthers management are kidding themselves if they think this revamped side will make the play offs let alone be competitive if they did!..we all knew when they made the changes what an error they had made (3guys who havnt even been riding!)..such a shame as we had a great side when fish and blackie where in it and would have been in the mix come the end of the season.

Think you will find some of us had had enough from the moment the latest team changes were announced. Will be lucky to win another home fixture this season - it was obvious we would struggle as we have in the last two home (plus 1 away) meetings - the biggest disappointment being that management couldn't see this!!!!!!

yep, it's killing my enthusiasm for going to the rest of the home meetings.

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

Think you will find some of us had had enough from the moment the latest team changes were announced. Will be lucky to win another home fixture this season - it was obvious we would struggle as we have in the last two home (plus 1 away) meetings - the biggest disappointment being that management couldn't see this!!!!!!

None so blind as those that will not see.!!!

• Like 1

it was obvious we would struggle as we have in the last two home (plus 1 away) meetings - the biggest disappointment being that management couldn't see this!!!!!!

The alarming thing we could all see it happening ,before it happened

• Like 1

The question is what did you expect ?

The injuries to Fisher and Blackbird meant that replacements had to be found and given that Jacobs had stated that Mildenhall had priority with Peterborough's Sunday fixtures it wasn't surprising that he was replaced, too.

Roynon has (with the exception of flattening Bjerre) done better than I thought he would, particularly at home. Dilger will take time to settle down but I suspect he will match Jacobs.

The problem has been Hall. It would be unfair to blame him entirely for the recent losses but had he scored what was probably anticipated of him its likely Peterborough would have won both matches.

I can very much see that it would have been disappointing to see Fisher, Blackbird and Jacobs replaced by the above three but I am not quite sure what might reasonably have been done otherwise.

• Like 1

The injuries to Fisher and Blackbird meant that replacements had to be found and given that Jacobs had stated that Mildenhall had priority with Peterborough's Sunday fixtures it wasn't surprising that he was replaced, too.

Roynon has (with the exception of flattening Bjerre) done better than I thought he would, particularly at home. Dilger will take time to settle down but I suspect he will match Jacobs.

The problem has been Hall. It would be unfair to blame him entirely for the recent losses but had he scored what was probably anticipated of him its likely Peterborough would have won both matches.

I can very much see that it would have been disappointing to see Fisher, Blackbird and Jacobs replaced by the above three but I am not quite sure what might reasonably have been done otherwise.

hindsight is a wonderful thing but why didn't they just sign roynon on a 28 day contract for lewis , and run r/r for fisher (where anybody could take his rides) , couldn't see the point in signing dilger and still don't now

Roynon for Blackbird accepted, they could have kept Fisher in the team and continued with RR, that would have meant Bjerre, Ostergaard, Dryml and most likely Roynon would be taking rides currently filled by Hall with the likelihood of at least 7 or 8 points per meeting, Hall wont get anywhere near that.

Not convinced Dilger for Jacobs was worth the change either.

• Like 2

The alarming thing we could all see it happening ,before it happened

Somewhat ironic that on speaking to bcd in Asdas on Friday I said that everyone bar management named a team which would in all likelyhood have won the 2012 EL title but then we had "Monday November 28, 2011" - also shows where we are in that the star of yesterday's show was just making up the numbers 3 years ago?

To be fair to the riders though, they are only trying to earn a living and it can't be much fun walking in to what they have this time? Roynon was ok, No surpise with Hall, it's not 2006, more like 2007. If Dilger could drive into the first turn to match his gating then he might be ok but he slows up and gets beaten up. Should have been excluded in his last ride for bailing out? Badly needs a Mick Poole crash course (not literally) in first turn technique!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

..Maybe be more astute with they're signings?...terrible decision to bring in 3 riders who have not even been riding..there is no need for hindsight here as we all new that was the end of our season there and then...it just dissapoints me that they didn't. I can only think that it was influenced by Rathbone as havent they all got Redcar connections?

Lasse comes home

Still keep chuckling at this. Brightened up a boring meeting - good shot 😂😂😂

Roynon for Blackbird accepted, they could have kept Fisher in the team and continued with RR, that would have meant Bjerre, Ostergaard, Dryml and most likely Roynon would be taking rides currently filled by Hall with the likelihood of at least 7 or 8 points per meeting, Hall wont get anywhere near that.

Not convinced Dilger for Jacobs was worth the change either.

Fisher has been out for 2 months and the season has another month to run.

It would be unusual (and probably undesirable) for a team to run with rider replacement for that long for one rider. Peterborough also have two double header meetings.

I disagree about Hall. 7-8 points at home (not away) is not an unfair return for him based upon past form and on a track he apparently favours. His poor scoring has cost the team dearly in the last two home meetings.

I think you're right about Dilger for Jacobs but I am sure I read that the reason was not scoring but Jacobs commitments at Mildenhall.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I will reply to that by each point made:

What did I expect? See posts 51 & 52 because nothing I can add to those.

Joe's fixture clashes should have been anticipated - not his fault so I don't blame him - he signed up for a Tues. PL home meeting team as did I which is why I was unable to attend yesterday (thankfully).

Roynon I agree - has done better than I expected - just hope he stays safe would hate to see him collect yet another injury in his career but now in our colours.

Dilger - would rather have seen another young Brit struggle at No. 7 while settling into the team if Joe had to be replaced (Greenwood once fit again could have done so with a bit of management foresight if fixture clashes with Mildy and Jacobs had been properly anticipated.)

As for Hall he has actually scored MORE than I (and others) anticipated even though in somewhat fortunate instances. No I don't blame him entirely but he's the one on the bike so 50% - the other 50% being Management who wrongly thought they could turn the clock back to 2006 when many fans were not that blind!

Fisher has been out for 2 months and the season has another month to run.

It would be unusual (and probably undesirable) for a team to run with rider replacement for that long for one rider. Peterborough also have two double header meetings.

I disagree about Hall. 7-8 points at home (not away) is not an unfair return for him based upon past form and on a track he apparently favours. His poor scoring has cost the team dearly in the last two home meetings.

I think you're right about Dilger for Jacobs but I am sure I read that the reason was not scoring but Jacobs commitments at Mildenhall.

We have run RR since May so I don't see another month making too much difference and won 2 matches away using it, Hall is currently averaging 3 pts a match from his 2 home matches so far, We likely wouldn't have lost twice at home with RR.

JACOBS commitment at Mildenhall was never mentioned, the official line was they didn't want to burn him out, clearly that's a real concern as he signed for Workington within 48 hours.

• Like 2