British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Play Offs 2014 (info On First Page)

According to the Speedway Star Rospiggarna are set to make a profit of around 1 million kronor for this season. Does anybody have any ideas how the club have managed this? Any hints that can be taken on board by other promoters?

There was terrific racing especially in the first leg with loads of exciting overtaking on a superb grippy track with wide bends and loads of lines to race from. Not many first-from-the-gate processions that we see far too many of.

I thought the second leg not quite so entertaining as the result was more predictable and the track too slick and dry for that close racing and overtaking modes.

Eurosport did a great job bringing us this racing from Sweden and I hope to see it again next year. Thanks to Ghostwaker too.

• Like 1

MIke, the Elit Vetlanda track is actually not as slick as it looks. there is lots of material on the track but it is too loose (like a thick layer of rough sand)

so there isn't really any grip on the outside. It will also cause a very heavy spray making it very difficult for the riders behind to pass.

Edited by Ghostwalker

There was terrific racing especially in the first leg with loads of exciting overtaking on a superb grippy track with wide bends and loads of lines to race from. Not many first-from-the-gate processions that we see far too many of.

I thought the second leg not quite so entertaining as the result was more predictable and the track too slick and dry for that close racing and overtaking modes.

Eurosport did a great job bringing us this racing from Sweden and I hope to see it again next year. Thanks to Ghostwaker too.

TWO very entertaining meetings ... don't think the title winners in Britain, Denmark and even Poland will fancy facing Vetlanda in the 2015 Champions League ... should it ever happen of course.

Watched both meetings today and I must say they were thoroughly enjoyable. Some cracking stuff, well done to both teams.

If Zmarzlik isn't world champ one day I'll be v surprised and not a little disappointed.

The coverage of the two finals was really good. If only all year long they would haven been of this high quality. Ordinary league meetings seemed to run awfully slow, with too many and too Long breaks between teh racing. More often than not it dragged on and tended to bore me a bit.

Nevertheless I hope that EUROSPORT will show us the Swedish Eliteserien again next year. And then perhaps the broadcasts will be of the same high quality all season long, as were the two finals of this year.