British Speedway Forum

Only the real Pedersen haters or those new to speedway think Nicki was at fault.

Cant stand the man but it was blatantly the wrong decision

WRONG!!

I've been supporting Speedway for FIFTY years- and I believe that the Referee was correct on the Nicki Pedersen incident. (My opinion - to which I am entitled).

He didn't quit. His contract came to an end. I believe he even rode an additional match after the contractually agreed end date.

As I said - Greg Hancock a true Gentleman. Thank you for that arnieg. :t:

when was the last time you disagreed with your GP buddies or even BSI or for that matter anybody who affords you your saga fortnightly holidays? .you have the media to speak out but you dont because you are the biggest arse kisser in speedway

I normally enjoy your Posts Dean Machine they are usually very interesting and informative - but - in this case I don't think there is any need for the personal abuse. For what it is worth, I have NEVER seen Mr. Rising give out abuse like that. He is entitled to his view - your views differ - fair enough. Your discussion could surely be carried on without the name calling.

That was not the point. Harris just went wider and wider and did not keep his line and prevented Nicki from turning left which

eventually meant that Nicki had to drop it to prevent him from fencing himself.

The situation are the same. Both Harris and Batch had the whole track available but chooses to try to block the either rider.

Batchelor was too late and too slow. Once he and Nicki made contact, Nicki was already ahead buy 3/4 of a bike length.

Actually - as I saw it Nicki hit Batchelor's leg pushing in towards his machine - Batchelor did definitely not stick his leg out, he moved it up to try to avoid Nicki. That is why I think the Referee was correct in his decision.

• Like 2

Reading a few tweets that 10 riders were caught with dodgy silencers at last night's gp and 11 caught in a Polish meeting Today. Any news on this?

If true its worrying news about the dodgy silencers.

I thought Pedersen was unfortunate to be excluded and Batch should have gone.

Also thought Tai was unlucky to go in Heat 1

• Like 1

Reading a few tweets that 10 riders were caught with dodgy silencers at last night's gp and 11 caught in a Polish meeting Today. Any news on this?

The GP ones were not to spec Kings which hadn`t been tampered with-see new silencer thread.

If true its worrying news about the dodgy silencers.

I thought Pedersen was unfortunate to be excluded and Batch should have gone.

So do I. If he went then I reckon that Smolinski should have been excluded too. Now THAT would have been a talking point, wouldn't it?

scott nicholls @scottnicholls78 52m

So then, 11 dodgy silencers taken from 1 meeting in Poland today!! Up to the old tricks again. Need to do checks all the time!

This being one of them.

Iversen has said the silencers were not dodgy just a poor welding job. May be a storm in a tea cup.

To be fair he did touch the tapes, so I think he was right to be excluded and even Tai admitted that too. What was wrong is another rider touched at the same time, so both should have been excluded. So Tai was only unlucky to be the only rider to be excluded.

WRONG!!

I normally enjoy your Posts Dean Machine they are usually very interesting and informative - but - in this case I don't think there is any need for the personal abuse. For what it is worth, I have NEVER seen Mr. Rising give out abuse like that. He is entitled to his view - your views differ - fair enough. Your discussion could surely be carried on without the name calling.

my point about mr rising is he follows the pack like a sheep and never will report even when the incident or event or whatever is indefencable and he has the media at his disposal. My second point ,i didnt even give my point on the incident. I might of thought pedersen should of been excluded but if i did its because of what i saw not what all my mates said and 3rd i will edit the name calling but the rest is true. I am fed up with the way this wonderfull sport is being killed and it needs people like me to ask questions because our only magazine wont because it scared of upsetting people Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

For what it's worth I thought the ref was in an impossible position having to exclude either Pedersen or Batchelor. I don't think either of them actually did anything wrong at all, Batchelor went to the fence and started to turn back in before Pedersen got there and Pedersen went for a legitimate gap. Just one of those racing incidents that should really be all 4 back imo.

• Like 1

For what it's worth I thought the ref was in an impossible position having to exclude either Pedersen or Batchelor. I don't think either of them actually did anything wrong at all, Batchelor went to the fence and started to turn back in before Pedersen got there and Pedersen went for a legitimate gap. Just one of those racing incidents that should really be all 4 back imo.

The rule is wrong. The ref should be allowed to say its 50-50 and have a re run will all riders. Why should the first bend be different from the rest of the race.

It's a cop out clause for the ref but justifiable when its a pure racing incident where neither rider does anything wrong.

• Like 1

So the riders should be named and shamed....No matter who they are..

Eddie Kennett was banned. so should these riders be.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2

Eddie Kennett was banned. so should these riders be.

TOTALLY different. There is absolutely NO evidence that any of these silencers were tampered with. It is a manufacturing fault. They even produced a brand new silencer at Vojens that had the fault.

Jury President Wolfgang Glas said that he would send a report to the FIM immediately which would firmly lay the fault at the door of the manufacturer.

Edited by PHILIPRISING