British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Catch Me If You Can

Glasgow V Rye House Sunday 31st August Pl

Strange looking Tigers team? Danny Phillips at 1, RR at 3 and Luke Chessell at No 6. Missing three riders.

What the hell is going on ? How can they expect folk to pay £16 to watch that ? The alarm bells were ringing when i checked my e-mails for the " red alert " newsletter , and there was none

Just had a text , we have 3 guests and r/r , Rye House have 2 guests and r/r :shock::shock::shock: the sport is sadly dying on it's arse . This is a sad day for Premier League speedway when it gets reduced to this farce .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 4

Another one of these made up European championships. Looks like a home defeat against one of the worse teams in the league. Even Rye House's NL riders are more than likely going to out score our two looking at their respective averages. If Aarnio rides like he did last week 40 might be a good score

If they think i'm going to spend my hard earned money watching that , they're sadly mistaken . This has got to be a new low

If they think i'm going to spend my hard earned money watching that , they're sadly mistaken . This has got to be a new low

A new low crowd for a PL match! For once the rain could save us from this rubbish on Sunday.

• Like 1

Is this a joke?

An NL meeting with PL guests

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

It's not even funny anymore .Promoters have to take a hard look at themselves,how do you expect fans to pay to watch .

• Like 1

Strange looking Tigers team? Danny Phillips at 1, RR at 3 and Luke Chessell at No 6. Missing three riders.

Who are they?

Are they in One Erection?

• Like 2

We have former Rye House promoter Ronnie Russell to thank for bringing foreign riders into the lower division. Now we can't field a team because they are away riding in some Mickey Mouse meeting. :mad:

• Like 1

dear me... What a joke!!

What the hell is going on ? How can they expect folk to pay £16 to watch that ? The alarm bells were ringing when i checked my e-mails for the " red alert " newsletter , and there was none

Just had a text , we have 3 guests and r/r , Rye House have 2 guests and r/r :shock::shock::shock: the sport is sadly dying on it's arse . This is a sad day for Premier League speedway when it gets reduced to this farce .

Jeez! Really feel for you guys.

Thankfully you keep going.

£16 is a lot, especially for two patched-up teams.

Have a real quandary now.

World Paint Drying Championships are taking place on Sunday in John O'Groats. Only 6 hours drive.

What to do?

Speedway or Paint Drying?

Paint Drying or Speedway?

Oh! What to do?

Oh What to do?

• Like 1

I've now had my newsletter and Sunday's teams are

Glasgow and guests

1 Danny Phillips (g)

2 Theo Pijper

3 R/R for Kevin Wolbert

4 Tero Aarnio

5 Rusty Harrison

6 Luke Chessell (g)

7 Aaron Fox (g)

Rye House and guests

1 Eddie Kennett

2 Benji Compton (g)

3 Steve Boxall

4 Jason Garrity

5 R/R for Anders Mellgren

6 Oliver Greenwood

7 Alex Edberg (g)

There we have it , a farce of a meeting , this really has reached farcical levels and has to stop . This should be a watershed moment , if foreign riders want to come here and ride , then they have to agree that the club they agree to ride for comes first . If they want to pursue personal glory in other competitions then they sign for a club that has a race night that these other considerations don't come into conflict with that club , or they just dont bother and indulge themselves on the continent every week .

If that results in a watered down Premier League , then so be it .

As fans we welcome 7 riders to our clubs at the start of every season , we want to watch them ride for our clubs every week ( barring injuries of course ) . What we dont want is what we have now , rider A cant be here as he's on long track duty , rider B cant be here he's riding in Poland , rider C has to ride in the Mongolian best pairs . Seriously what we have tomorrow is cheating the public . Rant over

• Like 6

Have a real quandary now.

World Paint Drying Championships are taking place on Sunday in John O'Groats. Only 6 hours drive.

What to do?

Speedway or Paint Drying?

Paint Drying or Speedway?

Oh! What to do?

Oh What to do?

Glasgow 3guests +r/r

Rye 2guests +r/r

Paint Drying seems a No Brainer it's free admission!!!!!!

• Like 1