British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
arnieg

2015 Gp Wild Cards

I love Garrity. I think the GB wildcard next year would be great for him. He probably score 0, FX, 3, FX, F or similar. But full time wildcard? Not yet. I'd love to see him at Cardiff though :D

How many FTR have beat a heat leader this season? Garrity did it twice in one heat at BV 2 weeks ago. He's also beat a couple of others. Lamberts good and I'm not knocking him or comparing two but because Lambert is good doesn't mean Garrity can't be.

We need to see Garrity as wildcard and Lambert as first reserve at Cardiff. To hell with top non-GP rider as Cook or Nicholls will get it. What a waste of time. Could you imagine the Poles letting Protasiewicz or similar have a GP wildcard?

edit - saying that, Miedzinski has had a few wild cards.

I think both are decent but Garrity has exsperience he has ridden in the PL he is not really a FTR he was good anough anyway he is a prospect just not as good as Lambert in my opinion.

Garrity? 😂😂😂😂 thats the funniest thing ive read on here since Mark Burrows being the most natrually talented rider there is and being only equipment away from being world champion

• Like 4

Can't believe Jason Garrity has been mentioned on this thread.

Maybe as a hint of being a UK GP reserve but he isn't riding as well as Kyle Newman or for that matter about 20 other young foreign riders for that matter.

I think we need an alternative name for Wildcards selected into the GP for the whole season and wildcards selected for one GP as it appears fans are getting confused.

Can't believe Jason Garrity has been mentioned on this thread.

Maybe as a hint of being a UK GP reserve but he isn't riding as well as Kyle Newman or for that matter about 20 other young foreign riders for that matter.

I think we need an alternative name for Wildcards selected into the GP for the whole season and wildcards selected for one GP as it appears fans are getting confused.

jason is a rough diamond .he has that something about him which others dont .when you race against him he is the type of rider that makes you think about him and distracts you from your game . Yes he is a bit wild at times but he is heading in the right direction. His equipment is getting better but still does need a big step up. tai apart i think he is our next hope on the world stage but does need the right backing

Garrity in the gp is an absolutely pathetic comment and it shouldnt even be up for debate

• Like 2

I have been in hospital for 2 weeks hence the late post on the subject, but to Hampel knockers everywhere I say "do you still think he does not deserve a wildcard if he fails to make the top 8"?.

I have been in hospital for 2 weeks hence the late post on the subject, but to Hampel knockers everywhere I say "do you still think he does not deserve a wildcard if he fails to make the top 8"?.

You could argue that anyone scoring 21 in a GP and failing to make the top 8 where 2 top 8 contentors like Ward and Iversen are going to miss out due to injury/suspensions then he's really not good enough as it makes him about 11th at best! As it is, I fully expect him to finish top 8, possibly even nick 6th off Holder.

Now the top 8 is done and dusted I'm going for the following wild cards. Iversen, Kildemand, Batchelor, Jonasson. In my mind the first 2 are certainties. Think we will have another Aussie as the gp is going there next year. Shouldn't be Ward so Batchelor might get in. They will probably want 2 Swedes and although Lindgren has proved up to the level I reckon they will give Jonasson a go.

I don't think we'll see Lindgren getting another wild card since Freddie himself said this to speedwaygp.com:

But if I don’t improve this season, I think it’s time for me to step down from the GP series.”

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/3239/freddie-time-to-deliver

Edited by Ghostwalker

Niels-Kristian Iversen will definitely get a wild for 2015. But the other are open to many possibilities.

I think personally nothing will be decided until BSI find out the decision on Darcy Ward.

Option 1

If Darcy gets found not guilty, or his suspension doesn't effect him riding in the 2015 SGP series then he will I think definitely get a wild card especially as there is now a Australian GP one again. Along wiht Darcy then I expect they will pick for the other two places (Niels already in) Jonasson and Kildemand.

Option 2

Darcy is suspended for a period of time that prevents him from riding in the first few or a number of GP's. Then I expect BSI will pick Batchelor, Jonasson and Kildemand.

I have only chosen Jonasson over Lindgren because he's the reigning Swedish chmpion and that he rode for his country in the 2014 SWC.

But i wouldn't be surprised if Lindgren still got a pick instead of either Batchelor, Jonasson or Kildemand.

It's a great shame that we can't have Emil Sayfutdinov or Grigory Laguta in the 2015 series. Maybe if their was a Russian GP in time we might see them in a full series. Both riders would add greatly to the competition.

Edited by Robbie B

Personally, I think it is unfair on the other riders to have to wait until the outcome of the Darcy Ward case. The sooner riders know if they are in the sooner they can start preparing for next season.

So I think they should announce in the next week like they usually do.

In which case I think they will plump for Puk, THJ, Batch and Killer.

Puk is a cert.

THJ as the second Swede over Lindgren who really has had enough picks.

Batch was close to top 8 and that was with a late call-up to the series.

Killer did more in 2014 than MJJ.

Pity that we can't have Emil though..

Personally, I think it is unfair on the other riders to have to wait until the outcome of the Darcy Ward case. The sooner riders know if they are in the sooner they can start preparing for next season.

So I think they should announce in the next week like they usually do.

I agree with you, but I just think this is what will happen.

How said it is that we are talking about having another Aussie with the GP going there next season. Why are we not talking about who the best riders for the GP series would be, regardless of nationality? Which leaves you with four choices in my opinion:

NKI - Has to be nailed on

Kildemand - Done enough to suggest he is good enough.

Emil - If he wants it?

Ward - Should he be given a wildcard is another debate, but he is one of the best out there.

I have discounted Batch because he is not good enough. If he is given a wildcard because he is an Aussie it will be incredibly sad for the sport.