British Speedway Forum
wealdstone

Premier League Play Offs

I am bemused how do these work as I now understand 6 teams qualify.

PLAY-OFF PICTURE - HOW IT WORKS
- Teams will meet all other Teams in a League table on 2 occasions, 1 at home and 1 away and by ballot additional Teams to make a total of 14 home and 14 away fixtures.
- The Play-Offs will incorporate the top 6 Teams in the Final League Table and initially comprise of 2 mini-leagues.
- The highest placed Team will have 1st choice, the 2nd placed team having 2nd choice etc. to choose which mini-league to compete in.
- In the mini-leagues each team will meet each other on a home and away basis.
- The Teams finishing top of each Mini-League will then contest the Play-Off Final.
- The Championship is determined by the aggregate Heat Points scored in the home and away Meetings. In the event of a tie on aggregate in the Final, the outcome will be determined by Golden Heats Format.

Thanks Screm.

I read that on the BSPA website and assume that the teams finishing 5th and 6th go into different groups but then not sure whether 3rd and 4th are allocated or get to choose. Then 1st and 2nd get to choose.

The wording in the BSPA note is a tad confusing because if the team finishing first gets to choose first before anything else is known then you aren't basing your choice on very much information.

So I think it must be a bottom up thing (cue annoying Benny Hill music) i.e. 5th & 6th are in different groups, then 3rd chooses, then 4th, then 1st then 2nd.

Thanks Screm.

I read that on the BSPA website and assume that the teams finishing 5th and 6th go into different groups but then not sure whether 3rd and 4th are allocated or get to choose. Then 1st and 2nd get to choose.

The wording in the BSPA note is a tad confusing because if the team finishing first gets to choose first before anything else is known then you aren't basing your choice on very much information.

So I think it must be a bottom up thing (cue annoying Benny Hill music) i.e. 5th & 6th are in different groups, then 3rd chooses, then 4th, then 1st then 2nd.

The team that tops the league on Sept 14th gets 1st choice of opponents

The team that tops the league on Sept 14th gets 1st choice of opponents

........................... and if they are TOP at the end of the Season may not get to be League Champions either. :mad: :mad: :mad:

........................... and if they are TOP at the end of the Season may not get to be League Champions either. :mad: :mad: :mad:

But you know that before the season starts.I think the Champs should be the the Team with most points,but when you invent rules that Teams get to pick another 2 teams you want to race it does make it it an uneven playing field and a mockery of the sport.

Thanks for info much appreciated

Your right, IMO the team that finishes top when all the fixtures are over should be the Champions, but we have the play offs now, and they wont be going away anytime soon, so we have to make the best of them.

Not quite, although wording could be better-put.

It is like in the playgound, the two top teams look at the remaining four, then top team picks one of them, the runners-up pick another, the top team pick the third team they'd like in their group and the runners-up are left with the fat kid nobody wants.

the runners-up are left with the fat kid nobody wants.

Just as an FYI... Joe Screen has retired from Riding now! :rofl:

• Like 1