British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
arnieg

Kent Curfew

I quite like the fact that Kent start at 6-30pm, means I can take the kids and they are still home by 9 for bed

I know it's an issue for others who can't get their after work though

• Like 1

I remember one complait against the Brummies when we started back, this resident moaned that the noise was very loud on this wednesday night in question. This woman must of had super hearing as we were away at Kings lynn that night, daft cow.

• Like 6

I remember one complait against the Brummies when we started back, this resident moaned that the noise was very loud on this wednesday night in question. This woman must of had super hearing as we were away at Kings lynn that night, daft cow.

I also remember reading somewhere that there were people complaining that having speedway was increasing the amount of litter in the area. This is Perry Barr for godsake, hardly the cleanest of areas. ;)

Also when they were doing noise tests for the new silencer, the guy doing the tests in the back garden of one the nimbys properties phoned the stadium to let them know when they were starting, only to be told the meeting had started and they were on heat 3. :D that more or less sealed the deal for full planning permission.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

Their has been many instances of NIMBY's ringing up to complaint about the noise from the speedway on a particular night when in fact there wasn't any!

Most sad instance of "NIMBYism" is the one guy who raged a big campaign against the very popular Romford speedway in the early 1970's despite his son being a regular, succeeding in getting it shut down and then moving away from the area not long after. The Brooklands stadium where Romford raced was then demolished about 5-6 after speedway shut down!

Sad and pathetic really cause if they looked at the bigger picture, they'd investigate how speedways run and respect the fact that an outlets is being created for people of all ages to indulge in a fully affiliated, controlled leisure outlet!

Kent speedway at Central Park is in the middle of an industrial estate, not a housing estate. Its been a great success despite its odd midweek starting time!

Allowed to grow and prosper it can be one of British speedway hotbeds which would greatly benefit the local area!

I went to Kent a couple of years ago and was very impressed with the stadium, had a really enjoyable night and then drove back to Solihull, it was a nice feeling getting home a lot earlier than I would from some of the long distance 7.30 tracks.

I wish the track was a couple of hours nearer, then I would become a regular.

I wish Kent all the best tonight in the meeting with the council! Fingers crossed that the evidance gathered will provail over the complainers who make statments up out of fresh air!

I cannot see anything coming from the council meeting but a resolution in favour of Kent Kings. :lol:

Edited by Guest

I cannot see anything coming from the council meeting but a resolution in favour of Kent Kings. :sad:

Why would that make you sad?

I cannot see anything coming from the council meeting but a resolution in favour of Kent Kings. :sad:

Very strange post ?

Do you dislike Kent ?

Why would that make you sad?

Very strange post ?

Do you dislike Kent ?

I seem to have been misunderstood - as usual. My thought was that the resolution would be in favour of Kent Kings - read it carefully. I was trying to indicate a favourable response - deservedly so - for Kent Kings.

And as for AJ is King - the thig that's strange is his comment. I don't think that at any time in any message on here that I have never been anything but supportive of Kent Kings? But as for AJisK it takes all sorts.....as they say!!!

Edited by Guest

I seem to have been misunderstood - as usual. My thought was that the resolution would be in favour of Kent Kings - read it carefully. I was trying to indicate a favourable response - deservedly so - for Kent Kings.

And as for AJ is King - the thig that's strange is his comment. I don't think that at any time in any message on here that I have never been anything but supportive of Kent Kings? But as for AJisK it takes all sorts.....as they say!!!

You should have put a smiley after - not a saddie ?

I have always wanted the best for Kings - I just do not agree the way it is at the moment- not difficult to understand even for you.

Hopefully an extended curfew will give the Club scope to move up from National League.

Your original post had a sad face at the end instead of a smiley.

Thank you. I understand now. I will delete. I must have had a 'fat finger' when I tried to pull up a happy face - which I will now do. Up the Kings!

Vote against 10-4

I quite like the fact that Kent start at 6-30pm, means I can take the kids and they are still home by 9 for bed

I know it's an issue for others who can't get their after work though

Why do they have to be in bed by 9? Do you have a curfew in your house too?

Their has been many instances of NIMBY's ringing up to complaint about the noise from the speedway on a particular night when in fact there wasn't any!

Most sad instance of "NIMBYism" is the one guy who raged a big campaign against the very popular Romford speedway in the early 1970's despite his son being a regular, succeeding in getting it shut down and then moving away from the area not long after. The Brooklands stadium where Romford raced was then demolished about 5-6 after speedway shut down!

Berwick have a similar problem. One person has kept the curfew at 9.30pm despite one of his kids being a regular at Shielfield Edited by Shads