British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue V Coventry & Kings Lynn 22/9

This double header now being shown on sky! Will be interesting how they going to complete it as on Monday it finished dead on 10.30 the curfew and that was without interviews & adverts etc!

Belle Vue 'Rentruck' Aces:

Matej Žagar, Michael Palm Toft, Scott Nicholls ©, Richie Worrall, Craig Cook, Paul Starke (G), Lee Payne

TM: Jason Attwood

Coventry 'Buildbase' Bees:

Hans Andersen, Aaron Summers (G), BEN BARKER R/R, Kenneth Hansen, Chris Harris ©, Jason Garrity, Max Clegg (G)

TM: Gary Havelock

Kings Lynn 'Roger Warnes Transport' Stars:

Kenneth Bjerre, Robert Lambert, GUEST TBC, Nicklas Porsing, Rory Schlein ©, Lewis Kerr, Simon Lambert/GUEST TBC

TM: Rob Lyon

Barker is riding in the PLRC on Sunday so expect him to ride (if not, question need to be asked and he should be sacked like MJJ was for picking other teams over Coventry!) and apparently Bomber is the Kings Lynn guest.

Surely makes sense to put the Kings Lynn meeting on first unless this is all Sky's ploy to ensure that the second meeting doesn't run to 10 heats due to the curfew and thus leaves their chums from the south coast top of the league and in posession of the play-off pick.

• Like 4

Guests guests and more guests.

All due to injuries apart from Sarjeant who is riding in Storms playoff match.

• Like 1

Harris now not guesting for lynn as sky said it would be a farce

Ha ha ha ha......

Really?.....

After god knows how many years?

What about "aaahhhh, but this is speedway there is no alternative"?...

Surely that old chestnut should be enough?

And why should one more farce make any soddin difference?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Brilliant :D So Sky are now making up there own rules? And people question if they want Poole to win. Now stopping Pooles only rivals for top of the league from using the riders they wanted to use as a guest.

You couldn't make it up!!!

Obviously Sky don't think Poole can do it without outside help. Expect even more strokes to be pulled in the semis.

And people wonder why fans are deserting the sport in their droves.

lucky I'm not the Lynn promoter cos I'd tell my riders to get stuck in traffic and completely stuff Sky! Lynn won't top the league anyway cos Sky have decreed it so stuff em.

Edited by Star Lady

Can we assume then that Sky will not allow KL to have guests from either Poole or Swindon, which leaves KL with not much choice, and considering others challenging for the play-off positions have been allowed to borrow any riders they wanted to fill in as guests, it is a bit late in the day to think about credibility in the sport.

Phil The Ace, on 18 Sept 2014 - 4:45 PM, said:

This must be a wind up or a stitch up !

On second thoughts Lynn should turn up with no guests, refuse to use r/r and let Pearson & Tatum rant on about 3 rider races.

Yep I'm angry! I don't give a stuff who wins as long as it's a fair fight but I'm sick ofSky manipulating the sport I once loved !!!!!!

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 8

Where has it been said that Sky won't let Harris guest ? ..even if itwas true do really think it would be may public ? It cracks me up that people take it as gospel without a moments thought about it and then the legend of speedway saying comes out ....

And people wonder why fans are deserting the sport in their droves.
:rofl::rofl:

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

We will win the league anyway (Swindon).

Of cause you will... Tell me another sport where the team in fourth place and languishing 15 pts adrift of the leaders can achieve that. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 2