British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Doyle is clearly Not up to the lions number 1 job,Leicester Need to get rid of Pedersen and get a real number 1

You really have some fantastic views on what's good and bad for speedway.

Doyle not good enough for Leicester no'1 is right up there with the best.

• Like 2

Have heard whispers about Bridger being lined up.

Hope someone is finding him some equipment then!!!!

• Like 1

Have heard whispers about Bridger being lined up.

Unfortunately I think it will take more than Bridger to make this a play off team

Doyle is clearly Not up to the lions number 1 job,Leicester Need to get rid of Pedersen and get a real number 1

Like Nigel Pearson said to a reporter last week

Are you an OSTRICH

• Like 1

LionKing - Walasek has not been signed on a short term deal and am well informed that he was actually really enjoying riding in the UK again as he is getting paid on time.

The plan up until his injury was to do the whole season whether he changes his mind only the rider can decide that anyway he is unlikely to be back until June probably after the WTC.

In my mind there is no doubt that at least one team change has got to be made but the big question is who realistically who wants to come and do UK racing ? You can rule out pretty much all the GP riders at present maybe later in the year if form drops or don't get paid in Poland or Sweden.

You can look at Bridger but is a gamble and needs bikes,Van,Mechanic,driver and knows Leicester are quite desperate so can name his price whithin reason.

None of the young Polish hotshots want UK and especially Sat night racing.

The club during the winter openly said they wanted to avoid double up riders and have done they could look at this option with somebody like Josh Grazoneck,Brady Kurtz but as the premier league fixtures are only just starting there would be no end of clashes with home and away matches.

It made me laugh last night walking back to the car fans saying bring in Magnus or Lasse they are not the answers to the problem and the issue is very difficult to resolve at present.

• Like 1

As the season goes on, things seem to be going from bad to worse. What looked like a good pick of riders has now turned out to be a shambles. Not only the riders but also the manager needs to be looked at also, he just hasn't got what it takes and was suprised when he came back again this year.

Unless some drastic measure are taken and very quickly the Lions will stay at the bottom of the league again, a shame really, because what loked like ateam to fight for mid table turns out again to be langishing on the bottom.

Lets get things moving and moving fast to sort out a good team to take the Lions to a place they should be in now.

Why is it the managers fault? You said that you thought the team was a good pick of riders well so did the manager. If the riders do not perform to their average then he can only push them along or get rid. We dont know what is going on behind the scenes!

A b ad manager can cause an awful lot of discontentment in any team in any sport, so it is the managers job to make sure that the team, pull together as a unit, as you say no one knows what is happening behind closed doors.

• Like 1

Maybe bridger as someone else's bikes sorted for himself ;)

Don't bite! This is obviously someone out to stir brown stuff. JD has been and continues to be a rock in an unstable team.

• Like 1

I really feel for Jason Doyle, he expected to have a team to back him up this year and it has again gone belly flop, unless things happen soon, I think that he will be looking for a change next year. I hope he stays, but he is being sadly let down by an under performing 2 to 5. The 2 reserves have at last picked up the pace. But you will never beet other teams with just 3 riders doing their best and the rest of them who seem to not bother if they are there or not.

I seriously thought, that they had the balance right this season, but the other riders have let the team down badly.

Maybe there is things going on behind the scenes, that are upsetting them but that is something we will never know.

Hope they manage to pull things together as It is not the place to be, at the bottom of the league again.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Apart from Doyle, Fiske

Fricke, Max Fricke!

Bridger has been down eastbourne for our NL meetings so maybe he is looking at a return to the sport, maybe sorting gear with dugards, or just watching speedway at track closest to his home?

I really feel for Jason Doyle, he expected to have a team to back him up this year and it has again gone belly flop, unless things happen soon, I think that he will be looking for a change next year. I hope he stays, but he is being sadly let down by an under performing 2 to 5. The 2 reserves have at last picked up the pace. But you will never beet other teams with just 3 riders doing their best and the rest of them who seem to not bother if they are there or not.

I seriously thought, that they had the balance right this season, but the other riders have let the team down badly.

Maybe there is things going on behind the scenes, that are upsetting them but that is something we will never know.

Hope they manage to pull things together as It is not the place to be, at the bottom of the league again.

Please, please, please think before you post, Josh Auty has been a superstar all season! and has really impressed me with his "never give up" style.... And his gating has improved 100 fold!!!

When the Lions signed Mads last season you signed a 110% committed rider (or at least he was at Kings Lynn ) for what ever reason it didn't work out I seem to remember him not seeing eye to eye with the team manager -bridges burnt I guess but I'd be trying to build them bridges and re- sign Mads .